Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kayakyakr posted:

Is there anyone who believes that their favorite team is dirty?

ISU sucks too much to be dirty. Then in three years I'll find out that Rhoads was paying players, and it will just make it all the sadder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Korranus posted:

Rhoades was hit and miss on his coaching hires but he's a great fundraiser. Expect Mizzou to start building big new facilities in coming years.

Oh so they replaced Mike Alden with Mike Alden then?

As long as he keeps Pinkel happy I guess.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
OU president went HAM, closed the racist fraternity

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Detroit_Dogg posted:

"Fuckin' hillbillies!"

- Bill Callahan, Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium, 11/13/2004

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kayakyakr posted:

Is there anyone who believes that their favorite team is dirty?

I firmly believe that every program is generally trying to be inventive with the rules. Including my own.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Detroit_Dogg posted:

so the president of ou was alerted to this on sunday and told the frat to pack their poo poo and get out by tuesday at midnight?

i like this guy :unsmith:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Soooo Texas is raising ticket prices after a losing season that had no sold out games, and apparently season ticketholders are being informed that they owe hundreds of dollars in "donations" in addition to increased prices if they want to keep their seats. Remember, there have been no sold-out games at DKR in over a year, and attendance has been much lower than sales. At any game you can easily walk up and buy a ticket for $20 at kickoff time. That's a little tip for those of you who you enjoy having your eardrums ruptured by ads playing on the world's loudest drive-thru speaker but are on a tight budget. Dave Brandon rolls his eyes at Steve Patterson.

Thermos H Christ fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 9, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Thermos H Christ posted:

Soooo Texas is raising ticket prices after a losing season that had no sold out games, and apparently season ticketholders are being informed that they owe hundreds of dollars in "donations" in addition to increased prices if they want to keep their seats. Remember, there have been no sold-out games at DKR in over a year, and attendance has been much lower than sales. At any game you can easily walk up and buy a ticket for $20 at kickoff time. That's a little tip for those of you who you enjoy having your eardrums ruptured by ads playing on the world's loudest drive-thru speaker but are on a tight budget. Dave Brandon rolls his eyes at Steve Patterson.

Excellent.

Though one good season turns it all around.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
One really good season will make him look like an evil genius. He drives out all the season ticketholders who are reluctant to deliver a bale of cash via forklift, and once they're outside he can charge them anything he wants to get back in.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

CraigK posted:

so the president of ou was alerted to this on sunday and told the frat to pack their poo poo and get out by tuesday at midnight?

i like this guy :unsmith:

With a pretty baller quote too. I like it when people in power don't mince words

"To those who have misused their free speech in such a reprehensible way, I have a message for you. You are disgraceful. You have violated all that we stand for. You should not have the privilege of calling yourselves "Sooners." Real Sooners are not racist. Real Sooners are not bigots. Real Sooners believe in equal opportunity. Real Sooners treat all people with respect. Real Sooners love each other and take care of each other like family members."

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
And OU football is suffering because of it, they already lost a 4 star OL, and Twitter is buzzing about more decommits coming along

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The national headquarters of SAE is closing the chapter entirely too.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Quandary posted:

Real Sooners believe in equal opportunity.

Bullshit

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Quandary posted:

"...Real Sooners are not racist..."

Except for the fact that "Sooners" as a nickname is a celebration of the theft of Native lands.

But otherwise, yeah, good on Boren for such a swift and decisive response. Sucks we're apparently losing commits over it, but not as sucky as having institutional racism on campus!

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

pathetic little tramp posted:

And OU football is suffering because of it, they already lost a 4 star OL, and Twitter is buzzing about more decommits coming along

Eh, doubtful. As was posted in the recruiting thread the OL was supposedly on his way out already and just looking for a reason. The rest will be easily salvageable by Stoops & Co. because the chapter is gone and now there will of course be no more racists at the school.

I'm sure this will have an effect on some recruits(or more likely the parents of some recruits) but with OU's swift action on the matter it's going to go away in a few weeks and be a non-issue for recruits by summer.

If this was something where the school sat on its hands for awhile or just put the chapter on probation it'd be one thing but the frat probably won't return to the campus for a decade at best and if the kids involved were smart they'd finish this semester and find somewhere else to be come next fall. OU handled it perfectly and I don't see much harm coming to sports programs for it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I'd be surprised if this was the defining factor in many recruits' decision whether or not to go to OU - especially considering that, at a glance, the institution and larger student body seem to have responded basically as well as they could have.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Did South Carolina suffer for the confederate flag? Ole Miss for Col' Reb?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kim Jong Il posted:

To be fair, while those are bad, I'd say they're a step down from "You can hang 'em from a tree, there'll never be a n****r SAE."

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Spiritus Nox posted:

To be fair, while those are bad, I'd say they're a step down from "You can hang 'em from a tree, there'll never be a n****r SAE."

Yeah. Singing a song is much worse than actually tying a noose around the neck of the statue of the first black student at your school.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Man Ben will find the thread eventually. Don't steal his thunder.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Hi Lizzy Seeburg.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
To be fair, if you got to a school named Ole Miss you are already prepared for that eventuality.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dak Prescott and two other Mississippi State players reportedly got jumped at a Waka Flocka show in Panama City. Doesn't sound like anyone was too seriously injured.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Dak Prescott got the poo poo kicked out of him at PCB.

e: he's not seriously hurt but this video and the few pics out suggest he took a beating

https://twitter.com/DellengerAdv/status/575121050171637760 - video of Dak at the end

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Mar 10, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Whoops. Forgot that was Ole Miss.

Racism is bad and dumb :saddowns:

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Grittybeard posted:

Man Ben will find the thread eventually. Don't steal his thunder.

I was all over that in last year's DotY competition.

Speaking of, less than two months til the next one- it starts after the draft.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

I was all over that in last year's DotY competition.

Speaking of, less than two months til the next one- it starts after the draft.

I believe some gentlemen from an ole miss fraternity were on CNN yesterday, giving an embarrassing interview. You'll probably dig it.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I've seen a giant portrait of Robert E Lee hanging above the mantle in a Kappa Alpha house...

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Scarf posted:

I've seen a giant portrait of Robert E Lee hanging above the mantle in a Kappa Alpha house...

Yup, that's KA's thing. They worship the guy and treat him as their spiritual founder. Their biggest party every year is the Old South party where the guys where confederate battle dress and the girls like it because they wear old southern gowns. When I went through rush, that was the first house I visited and it made me consider dropping out of rush entirely. Thankfully I didn't, as I found a frat that was full of hippies and nerds and whose songs were all about drinking.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Scarf posted:

Yeah KA is known for worshiping Robert E Lee and smelling like rancid cigarette at every university I've heard.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Well the University of Texas would never put a statue of Jefferson Davis in a prominent position on campus

Ok well at least not Robert E Lee

son of a bitch

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

We have a statue that looks suspiciously like a vagina.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

Well the University of Texas would never put a statue of Jefferson Davis in a prominent position on campus

Ok well at least not Robert E Lee

son of a bitch

When I was in school, someone egged the MLK statue and put a ring of flowers around the Robert E. Lee statue on MLK day. The south.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Kim Jong Il posted:

Until this season, it hurt our women's basketball team a lot because under the boycott's rules, we're not allowed to host any kind of postseason tournament in which the host cities are chosen by the NCAA. This doesn't apply to tournaments that use merit to determine host sites, so that's why baseball has always been able to host and now the women can, too.

However, we built our huge, fancy basketball arena in large part to host NCAA regionals and it'll literally never happen unless the boycott is dropped or the flag moves off statehouse grounds and into a museum. You can guess which is the more likely of these scenarios.

Anyway, I had only just moved to SC when the flag stuff went down, so I don't know how that affected football recruiting for USC/Clemson, if at all. Columbia certainly continues to hurt itself with it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Thermos H Christ posted:

You've gotta pay the big money for the Felisa Israel game day experience.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

RumbleFish posted:

Until this season, it hurt our women's basketball team a lot because under the boycott's rules, we're not allowed to host any kind of postseason tournament in which the host cities are chosen by the NCAA. This doesn't apply to tournaments that use merit to determine host sites, so that's why baseball has always been able to host and now the women can, too.

However, we built our huge, fancy basketball arena in large part to host NCAA regionals and it'll literally never happen unless the boycott is dropped or the flag moves off statehouse grounds and into a museum. You can guess which is the more likely of these scenarios.

Anyway, I had only just moved to SC when the flag stuff went down, so I don't know how that affected football recruiting for USC/Clemson, if at all. Columbia certainly continues to hurt itself with it.

Well , you see, it's really important that we continue to fly the banner of traitorous, slave-holding scum because

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

JonathonSpectre posted:

Well , you see, it's really important that we continue to fly the banner of traitorous, slave-holding scum because

History! Tradition! Remembering the War of Northern Aggression!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I guess technically there are some positive aspects to Lee as a historical figure but it is likely lost on anyone putting up a painting of him in a frat house.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

bhsman posted:

I guess technically there are some positive aspects to Lee as a historical figure but it is likely lost on anyone putting up a painting of him in a frat house.

mostly that he got his hillbilly rear end whooped like a chump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

JonathonSpectre posted:

Heritage, not hate!!!

• Locked thread