Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

QuarkJets posted:

In Jedi Knight 2 they modified force choke so that you could move the player around, and they added a force push power. Plus they had a bunch of maps with bottomless pits. Instead of entering into an HONORABLE DUEL WITH JEDI-SAN you could just hit a button on your keyboard that would fling the other person into the abyss.

The "Pull then Push" method worked even better. Pushing/Pulling someone on the ground was never super effective (The game would have you autocancel stuff out for reduced effect). So pushing would just toss them back a few feet and pulling would just yank their feet out from under them.

But while someone was on their back it's like their assholes were spraying KY all over the surface they were on, so a quick pull then a push would send them shooting off like a rocket. Choke push was too easy to break, this was pretty much impossible to guard against unless you were really loving good.

This was especially effective on Bespin, the map the e-samurai loved best.

Also anyone jumping should be autopushed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
ha ha so I griefed this guy, right? he called me a "friend of the family" over xbox voice chat so i found out his personal info and called his mom and told her that i had a recording of him saying the word and i played it back to her and then i listened to her beat the poo poo out of her 10 year old son... well anyway, that's my story.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

please do not call my house anymore, I'm grounded for like two weeks now

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

THE PENETRATOR posted:

ha ha so I griefed this guy, right? he called me a "friend of the family" over xbox voice chat so i found out his personal info and called his mom and told her that i had a recording of him saying the word and i played it back to her and then i listened to her beat the poo poo out of her 10 year old son... well anyway, that's my story.

That actually would be pretty hilarious

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

QuarkJets posted:

That actually would be pretty hilarious

Well you might enjoy this article about GamerGate

(Really not looking to discuss it, just thought it was relevant and entertaining.

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

Poizen Jam posted:

Well you might enjoy this article about GamerGate

(Really not looking to discuss it, just thought it was relevant and entertaining.

:confused:

My only griefing stories are from when I was playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 on Xbox, it was a buggy piece of poo poo, you could run with a certain special weapon faster than anyone else, leading you to use your speed and teleporting knife to kill people hilariously fast from afar, or you could just multiply the special weapon after everyuse, which was used to call a crate of other special weapons, essentially making you a literal god of war raining death from above. It was pretty cheap considering it was abusing bugs in the game but it made some people rage. Besides this there was a trick where you would fire an anti-tank missile, but change the weapon before it actually left, so you'd basically have a cooked missile on your back, meaning the moment someone killed you, you exploded. Combining this with that most of fighting in MW2 was in close quarters, it caused some rage from people.

Taxman84
Feb 11, 2015
Knifing people with the Commando Perk was one of the funniest things I remember. Using the Model 1887 Shotguns before they got patched was hilarious too.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

My bad, I read the story when it originally ran and just popped back to fetch the link. Did not notice the annotation \/:v:\/

Taxman84
Feb 11, 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32ubwPjfIs

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Is this your channel or something?

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!
i don't understand what im looking at or hearing in that video

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Ernie Muppari posted:

i don't understand what im looking at or hearing in that video

a guy who is autism personified screaming on a mic at people who have autism

Taxman84
Feb 11, 2015
No, I just like watching griefing videos. This ones pretty funny too, but the music is painful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SJhn5o3_5w

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

that video is good

Nuuds P00dle
Jun 28, 2011

smash em crash em bash em:shroom:

Man it was fun griefing the heck out of urban undead, goons took over the whole entire game and ruined it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is there something griefy in that picture?

Nuuds P00dle
Jun 28, 2011

smash em crash em bash em:shroom:

Cojawfee posted:

Is there something griefy in that picture?

The game has it's own population of furries and goons killed them for fun

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

I once posted an exploit in the griefing thread that wasn't actually griefing, thereby sparking days of debate on the nature of griefing. Man that was good, much like the griefing thread.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Taxman84 posted:

Knifing people with the Commando Perk was one of the funniest things I remember. Using the Model 1887 Shotguns before they got patched was hilarious too.

One of the funniest things you could do was use one man army with a class that had a grenade launcher on the primary and a thumper (another nade launcher) as a secondary combined with all the explosive perks.

You could literally sit at the back of almost every map and lob nades into their spawn points (forever, one man army reloads all grenades). I don't think that was the intention when they made the skill, but I had people screaming down the mic at me, sending threats, bragging when they finally killed me and then screaming when they saw the scoreboard and noticed my KDR was 1 death to fifty kills. All you had to do was say "if they didn't want people to do it then why did they put it in the game".

MW2 was the best :allears:

dogstile fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 9, 2015

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Black Ops introduced Gun Game, where all players start with a pistol. Getting a kill instantly upgrades your weapon to another, more powerful but occasionally harder to use weapon (for instance, the last was typically a bolt-action sniper rifle). Killing another player with a knife resulted in them losing their current weapon and being downgraded one tier. The first to score a kill with all weapons wins the match.

Of course players get furious when you do nothing but run around with a knife, stabbing people and bringing them back down a tier every time. Eventually someone will get enough kills to win, but not before you've scored two or three times as many kills as they have while sitting soundly at the bottom of the scoreboard.

Call of Duty in general is really easy to grief, because anything that kills anyone is 'nooby' or 'bullshit.' I had people sending me angry messages in Black Ops II for being a 'pistol noob' when running around maps using nothing but a semiautomatic pistol and winning.

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Another glorious thing about black ops gun games was that it was open for split screen multi player, so you and a buddy could compete with each other for most knife kills.

To add insult to injury my gamer card was a pretty good rendition of goatse.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
The best was that Black Ops Gun Game also had a version where you could put up in-game money as an ante.
Make sure to vote to up the ante, and then run around knifing people rather than trying to win.

The amount of hate you receive goes up by an order of magnitude when there is fake money on the line, and people also wouldn't leave the game no matter how much you dragged it out because they /might/ end up being "In The Money" and so make a profit.

Being an element of pure chaos in a game of "skill" for money is the most i've ever wound people up in gaming.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

dogstile posted:

One of the funniest things you could do was use one man army with a class that had a grenade launcher on the primary and a thumper (another nade launcher) as a secondary combined with all the explosive perks.

You could literally sit at the back of almost every map and lob nades into their spawn points (forever, one man army reloads all grenades). I don't think that was the intention when they made the skill, but I had people screaming down the mic at me, sending threats, bragging when they finally killed me and then screaming when they saw the scoreboard and noticed my KDR was 1 death to fifty kills. All you had to do was say "if they didn't want people to do it then why did they put it in the game".

MW2 was the best :allears:
Highrise :allears:

Highrise was a beautiful map set on a rooftop that had good sniper alleys down the sides and a bunch of close quarters fighting at either end with tunnels to avoid the snipers that just happened to have a wonderful little secret - hanging off the building on one side of the map was a broken window-washer's scaffold that was climbable. Once on top of it, you had to make a relatively easy jump and you were on the trimming of the building. From here you ran all the way across the front of the building, which was pretty perilous as you were way out in the open with no way to avoid being killed if spotted, but with luck everybody would be staring down a sniper rifle at spawn points or running through tunnels. At the end you jumped onto another scaffold and from there up to the very top of your side of the map.

Once up here you dropped a Tac Insert so that you respawned up here next time you died and One Man Armied into your nade spamming class. You could hit every single piece of the map that wasn't your spawn point from here, and even then you could still drop grenades in your spawn point. If the teams swapped sides you were basically unkillable because they would be unable to get line of sight on you without you being able to insta-gib them with a grenade or shotgun. The Tac Insert needed them to throw a grenade almost directly on top of it to kill it, so you just spawned as a class with one, proned and put another down before swapping to your OMA class. I would often sit up there entire rounds because once you were in place it was very hard to get rid of you except by climbing the building itself - which is much harder when everyone is now focused on the rear end in a top hat with grenades at the top of the map.

The only thing that was just as good is when they patched the PC Black Ops 2 Gun Game to make the knife hit you back multiple gun levels instead of just one.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
MW2 was probably the most fun I had playing a lovely stupid game in my entire life. I once got to the harrier and chopper gunner killstreaks in FFA by doing OMA danger close -> claymore -> repeat -> cold blooded with silenced weapon. When your claymore trips you put another one down instantly. You could also switch to a class with C4 for two C4s and two claymores at the same time if i recall correctly. This game was definitely stupid as poo poo but it was pretty fun and I think the average player was complete garbage at aiming any of the weapons which basically had no recoil. UMP was a default class SMG and unlocked at level 1 and it was probably the best gun in the game.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Wild T posted:

Black Ops introduced Gun Game, where all players start with a pistol. Getting a kill instantly upgrades your weapon to another, more powerful but occasionally harder to use weapon (for instance, the last was typically a bolt-action sniper rifle). Killing another player with a knife resulted in them losing their current weapon and being downgraded one tier. The first to score a kill with all weapons wins the match.

Of course players get furious when you do nothing but run around with a knife, stabbing people and bringing them back down a tier every time. Eventually someone will get enough kills to win, but not before you've scored two or three times as many kills as they have while sitting soundly at the bottom of the scoreboard.

Call of Duty in general is really easy to grief, because anything that kills anyone is 'nooby' or 'bullshit.' I had people sending me angry messages in Black Ops II for being a 'pistol noob' when running around maps using nothing but a semiautomatic pistol and winning.
youtube.com/user/TheCoachTopher

Here's a youtube channel dedicated entirely to gun game trolling.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I may have missed this earlier in the thread, but I thought it was worth sharing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z5cS6q7s5w

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Does anyone have a link to that BF3 MAV trolling video featuring Major Wales (aka the guy who had a mental breakdown over Twitch followed by a massive shitstorm of an argument with his dad offscreen about "being bullied since year 4")? Been looking for it today and can't seem to find it in the ocean of MAV trolling videos.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
Haha that SL video is great. So is this one starring Esteban. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRUXaElOf0

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Scyantific posted:

Does anyone have a link to that BF3 MAV trolling video featuring Major Wales (aka the guy who had a mental breakdown over Twitch followed by a massive shitstorm of an argument with his dad offscreen about "being bullied since year 4")? Been looking for it today and can't seem to find it in the ocean of MAV trolling videos.

This one?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yep that's the one. Man that is a classic meltdown right there.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Jesus loving christ I was not expecting the family drama to come in.

You made me into this gaming freak I am!

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
"You'll be outside with the police"
"For what?"
"For swearing"

I assume he's Scottish. Looks like my northern neighbours aren't all that tough :allears:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

dogstile posted:

I assume he's Scottish.

He's Welsh, and the other kid is Northern Irish.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Can't watch with sound at the moment but I'm pretty sure I remember that kid being Irish.

efb

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Yeah the kid not freaking out at his parents cause a drone killed him is from Northern Ireland. Beautiful accent.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

happyhippy posted:

He's Welsh, and the other kid is Northern Irish.

Eh, so long as I can make fun of them for not having the obviously superior English accent i'm all good. Best way to troll a UK person is to tell them the English are better than them.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
I love the awkward silence from his friend as the yelling and cursing and meltdown commences.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Ringo Star Get posted:

I love the awkward silence from his friend as the yelling and cursing and meltdown commences.

And then the friend just goes back to playing battlefield like nothing happened.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ringo Star Get posted:

"Hrmmm maybe I should end the call....No i'll be youtube famous."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kazinsal posted:

And then the friend just goes back to playing battlefield like nothing happened.
He might be too freaked out to know how to deal with it and so the only thing he can do is to just keep on playing.

• Locked thread