Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
Just found out my boss is going to give me 50% the cost of an apple watch normal. I was going to buy one anyways, but now I am much happier about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

zen death robot posted:

its def not a 'computer for your wrist' that 'affects when and where we can do things requiring computation'

retard

it was against everyone who is saying so. i wasnt shunning you, i was agreeing with you

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

duTrieux. posted:

hello everybody i've ignored the event for most of the day

does the watch do morse code

yes

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Dirk Pitt posted:

Just found out my boss is going to give me 50% the cost of an apple watch normal. I was going to buy one anyways, but now I am much happier about this.
oh good so now you can have no excuse for not instantly responding to an email

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Linguica posted:

He wants "an app."

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Linguica posted:

my watch died, i didn't notice because it's a watch, why would it do that?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

infernal machines posted:

my watch died, i didn't notice because literally everything you can do on it you can do on your iphone without destroying your eyesight

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the watchface does not display unless you move your wrist to activate it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Beast of Bourbon posted:

the watchface does not display unless you move your wrist to activate it

moving your wrists: a thing people never do to look at something on their wrist

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Dirk Pitt posted:

Yeah, I cant wait for Cross Country teams in schools with mandatory iPads to force all the kids to wear an Apple Watch, to ensure the proper milage in training, and punish the kids with too low milage, and who run too slow by making them run more.

A good teacher could use this data, to benefit the world.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

The Vinja Ninja posted:

Yeah, I cant wait for Cross Country teams in schools with mandatory iPads to force all the kids to wear an Apple Watch, to ensure the proper milage in training, and punish the kids with too low milage, and who run too slow by making them run more.

wait are you implying those are two separate outcomes?

pram
Jun 10, 2001

The Vinja Ninja posted:

bitter fatty alert

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i ordered a 13" mbpr. i will report bcak with how force touch works.

tomorrow after i do it to your mom lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

tomorrow after i do it to your mom lol

didnt include a two/three finger gesture remark in the joke, 2

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i did cross country

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
good rthing my cock is too smal to come out of those little shorts. but u ever get a boner in those little shorts? bad news

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

good rthing my cock is too smal to come out of those little shorts. but u ever get a boner in those little shorts? bad news

i saw your cock in the chome video and it was pretty large mate

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i remember there was this girl withthie big boobs that would bounce up and and down and lot while she ran and ude wanna look kuz well u wanna look but then u remember ur wearingthese tiny little blue short shorts and its liek baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball baseball

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

or maybe mine is just REALLY small :ohdear:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
everbody got a small dick compared to ww2 normandie beach grandpa

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
the size was chome

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

the queen of england eating kfc on the toilet

baseball just isn't enough of a suppressant

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

Beeftweeter posted:

yeah i would be really surprised if they didnt kill it off in favor of usb type c

lightning is only usb 2 ffs

lightning can do all sorts of poo poo with different signalling chips in it, i would be super surprised if it can't do full speed usb3.0 there is just no reason for them to support it since the flash can't write that fast

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the problem with proprietary connectors is that they're proprietary. there is all sorts of esoteric pro gear that is spend huge dollars on that will never a lightning cable due it being proprietary despite it having good specs. thats why im kinda stoked about usb-c

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
upon rereading that post i c there a lot of missing prepositions and poo poo due dual 40oz of malt liquor ingest but w/e

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

lightning can do all sorts of poo poo with different signalling chips in it, i would be super surprised if it can't do full speed usb3.0 there is just no reason for them to support it since the flash can't write that fast

i never really bought that explanation. i'd be really surprised if they couldnt write faster than the ~35 MBps you actually get with usb 2, most garbage-tier sd cards even can pull that off

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i mean i understand that lightning is a good cable that has great specs. good transfer rate, reversible, idk other cable things. data integrity? idk man. but one thing i DO know is ALL proprietary cables are doomed to failure, backwards, and bad. period.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Dirk Pitt posted:

enjoy getting work emails on your wrist with good for enterprise for watch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
cables should ALL be as totally AGNOSTIC as possible

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

the problem with proprietary connectors is that they're proprietary. there is all sorts of esoteric pro gear that is spend huge dollars on that will never a lightning cable due it being proprietary despite it having good specs. thats why im kinda stoked about usb-c

glad to see im not the only one who gets it

pram
Jun 10, 2001
cables wants to be free

Wootman
Sep 6, 2014

by XyloJW
universal cables are the best since if i break a cord, i can easily replace it with the metric fuckton i probably already have.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

maniacdevnull posted:

enjoy getting work emails on your wrist with good for enterprise for watch

imagine how much more productive you'd be if you didn't have to reach into your pocket to check the latest re: fw: fw: fw: tps reports due today!

the only place to go from here is to pipe them directly into your optic nerve

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

infernal machines posted:

imagine how much more productive you's be if you didn't have to reach into your pocket to check the latest re: fw: fw: fw: tps reports due today!

the only place to go from here is to pipe them directly into your optic nerve

that and knowing good, i bet you'll still get one full day of battery life but they'll have to reduce the definition of a day even further to only 6 hours now.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

cables wants to be free

yes. YES!

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

real morse code or apple morse code

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Smythe posted:

im kinda stoked about usb-c

c is the first letter in crap which means poop and belongs in a toilet

some examples include iphone c, usb c, and seagulls (the band but also the birds that hang out in parking lots)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

real morse code or apple morse code

• Locked thread