Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I believe the mismatch thing was about Baby Doll, who was a main event valet that was dating/married Sam Houston (brother of Jake "The Snake" Roberts) who was a prelim wrestler/jobber.

Skinty McEdger posted:

I forget, who was it that Dusty buried the gently caress out of because he married the valet that Dusty wanted to bang?

Yep, Baby Doll.

Cactus Jack fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Dusty actually booked Baby Doll to be in love with him and ran angles about it around the same time the marriage happened as well.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

Dusty actually booked Baby Doll to be in love with him and ran angles about it around the same time the marriage happened as well.

40 DAYS AND 40 NIGHTS~!

Speaking of Dusty https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvKl1vQn2M0

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 10, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

I just glanced at the Wiki article about Baby Doll because I knew there was something even more shameless they did in response to the marriage, and lo I did find it. Dusty actually sent her to work in a different territory hundreds of miles away from Sam Houston to punish both of them. Class act that Dusty.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
That makes me so irrationally angry and I have no idea why or how to stop. gently caress Dusty Rhodes forever, that's a straight up bitch move. That fat loving gently caress. gently caress DUSTY RHODES!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

actually it's baller as hell and i respect his game

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

oatgan posted:

actually it's baller as hell and i respect his game

Dusty was just a nice guy that she friendzoned, it was out of his hands at that point.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Dusty is a patriot and could not stand anyone who rejected the American Dream.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cactus Jack posted:

Dusty is a patriot and could not stand anyone who rejected the American Dream.

:golfclap:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's in his nature to want to clean pipes

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gonzo McFee posted:

Explains Dean Ambrose's loss streak.

I think you mean Gene Ambrose.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

maniacripper posted:

That makes me so irrationally angry and I have no idea why or how to stop. gently caress Dusty Rhodes forever, that's a straight up bitch move. That fat loving gently caress. gently caress DUSTY RHODES!

Name one person in wrestling who gained a lot of power and remained mature and adult the whole time (and didn't get replaced or overthrown indirectly because they were mature and adult).

It's an extraordinarily lovely thing to do, that is true, and Runnels deserves condemnation for it, but...that's the business, you should be happy if that's where people's lovely behavior STOPS. Not many people get giant karma punishments like Tom Billington did.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

maniacripper posted:

don't hate the player

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

NickRoweFillea posted:

don't hate the player

I almost prefer someone hurting two people because they love one of them and can't take them being with each other in his place. It's terrible but it's a human response.

Damaging or destroying someone's career when you have no emotional investment in their relationship but are of the opinion that you are not attractive enough to be dating the other person, or because you are not popular enough to have the RIGHT to date an attractive person is some alien loving thinking.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
How easily we forget this is a carny business full of human garbage at every turn

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dave Meltzer confirms that Vince McMahon and all of upper management are racist as Hell.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dave Meltzer confirms that Vince McMahon and all of upper management are racist as Hell.

I'm only a few minutes into Observer Radio and Dave is loving unloading on Raw already.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

I can't listen to the show at the moment, what he say?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I can't listen to the show at the moment, what he say?

While talking about R-Truth and The New Day he flat out says that upper management are all incredibly racist and that race is a frequent discussion on Vince's private jet. He also said that Demott's racial stuff was what they wanted him to do.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:stare: Big Dave bombing Raw harder than the New Day

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Dave needs to stay sick if he's gonna keep bringing the thunder like this.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Bryan's reaction to the reason they distorted Sting's voice was priceless.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family

OctoberCountry posted:

Bryan's reaction to the reason they distorted Sting's voice was priceless.

Was it actually Sting's voice? Because John Pollock would not loving let go of the idea that it was Dolph Ziggler's voice. It started to get pretty :spergin:

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Require More Fire posted:

Was it actually Sting's voice? Because John Pollock would not loving let go of the idea that it was Dolph Ziggler's voice. It started to get pretty :spergin:

It was. Dave actually mentioned it was dumb because a lot of people he knew didn't even realize it was him.

Apparently the idea was that he supposed to be the Black Scorpion Sting from the early 90's even though Sting and the Black Scorpion were two different people.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Dave needs to stay sick if he's gonna keep bringing the thunder like this.

That was one of the hardest burials of WWE I've heard from Dave since.....well last month.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Yet another recap of the super depressing saga that is the Daniel Bryan story :smith:

VVV I think the point is that WWE doesn't want to showcase Daniel Bryan, him being in a midcard loser ladder match is exactly the position they want.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Mar 10, 2015

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
While the card is pretty loaded, I'm actually thinking that their original idea of Sheamus vs Bryan 3 at WM would have been better than Bryan being in this IC ladder match. Sheamus is a big enough star that if they went in with the idea that whoever wins is the #1 contender to Reigns/Lesnar that wouldn't feel like Bryan is so downgraded. Sheamus winning the Andre battle royal is a dumb idea too since there's nowhere for him to go with it afterwards and the previous winner is a nobody in a lovely tag match.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Corny answered my question :toot:

He didn't know anything about the Wrestle Vessel :smith:

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Dave Meltzer posted:

I tell you what- I can't believe, uh, Cody Hall's gonna be a superstar if his performance on yesterday's show is any indication. I mean he's green.. but he's big. He's got ring presence and he's a really good athlete- and uh, he's not a good wrestler, but over there...he's either gonna turn out to be a good wrestler... or he's gonna die. But, uh, I think he's gonna wind up being a good wrestler.
:staredog:

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

OctoberCountry posted:

It was. Dave actually mentioned it was dumb because a lot of people he knew didn't even realize it was him.

Apparently the idea was that he supposed to be the Black Scorpion Sting from the early 90's even though Sting and the Black Scorpion were two different people.

I was one of the few people on Earth that liked the Black Scorpion angle due to being a small child and a Sting fan,and that never would've ever occurred to me as even a faint possibility. Jesus Christ

When Dave first talked about it I thought this was just goofy speculation on his part but then he said that someone actually told him that's what they were trying to accomplish.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Dave I don't think people who dishonor their families in Japan commit seppuku anymore

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I enjoyed the part where Dave pointed out that the IC title was fake but the sack it was in was real.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I saw Cody work a match with Steve Corino in Steve's indy and Cody had to be walked through the whole thing. Thankfully Steve's a pro who can do that. Cody did have a bit of charisma though, and the crowd liked him.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Blasmeister posted:

I enjoyed the part where Dave pointed out that the IC title was fake but the sack it was in was real.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Cornwind Evil posted:

Name one person in wrestling who gained a lot of power and remained mature and adult the whole time (and didn't get replaced or overthrown indirectly because they were mature and adult).

It's an extraordinarily lovely thing to do, that is true, and Runnels deserves condemnation for it, but...that's the business, you should be happy if that's where people's lovely behavior STOPS. Not many people get giant karma punishments like Derek Billington did.

Billington was just hampered by a poor partner, they could've beat The Ascension if John Cahill didn't hold him back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I saw Cody work a match with Steve Corino in Steve's indy and Cody had to be walked through the whole thing. Thankfully Steve's a pro who can do that. Cody did have a bit of charisma though, and the crowd liked him.

Cody's green and he's got some of the best guys in the business training him. Given time, I think he'll be big. Hopefully he learns more than just wrestling from them, though.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don't think the New Japan Dojo will let him get away with the crap he'd do in the US.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

I don't think the New Japan Dojo will let him get away with the crap he'd do in the US.

At the same time, Bullet Club will probably help him as much as they can.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i don't think tall gaijin dojo trainees really get the same kind of dojo experience that natives do. see bad luck fale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

Blasmeister posted:

This was a quintessential Dave comment, I loved it.

Another home run on this show was Dave thinking that Orton not roasting Mercury in the opening segment was giving him a break, when it was clearly "you aren't worth talking about"

• Locked thread