Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

oh yeah, charged my band name its at
https://soundcloud.com/epaulet/kingfish
now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER

what is that nasty arpeggiated synth i like it

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I did everything in korg gadget (except a couple fx, mixing, and mastering), the arp was gadget's 303 instrument set like thus:

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 10, 2015

killhamster
Apr 15, 2004

SCAMMER
oh it was ring mod, i still don't have a good one of those

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
I just got a new electribe, i'll try and make a bloop with it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
since i've been kinda bored lately i've decided to start working my way through the literally hundreds of hours of my old weird LPs i ripped before i left the USA

lol some of this poo poo is insane

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
god i hate vst guis

Mario Incandenza
Aug 24, 2000

Tell me, small fry, have you ever heard of the golden Triumph Forks?
native instruments seem to make pretty deece vsts, i enjoy using massive to make lovely loops

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
u-he's synths look and sound nice but I wish their knob and slider values weren't meaningless decimal values

set the cutoff to 37.14 that sounds good

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

enotnert posted:

I just got a new electribe, i'll try and make a bloop with it.

which kind? ive got the er-1 and es-1 mkii and they're fun as heck, if primitive

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i badly want amp envelope controls on the es1. can someone hack that on for me

Coughing-up Tweed
Jun 12, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

u-he's synths look and sound nice but I wish their knob and slider values weren't meaningless decimal values

set the cutoff to 37.14 that sounds good

and satin and presswerk both could have much better metering if they werent trying to make them all vintage looking

excellent plugins though

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
presswerk was a loving bait and switch as far as I'm concerned

they had numerous simplified interfaces including a two-knob deal which did exactly what little I need from a compressor

then they removed them all for the final release and it's over 9000 knobs and I don't have time to learn this poo poo

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lately I've been ditching all my usual go-to instruments for the free u-he ones and I've been way happier with my output (aka my WIPs get worked on slightly longer before i forget about /give up on them)

edit nevermind i got my synths mixed up. i was thinking of TAL. i looked at zebra a bit but i get choice paralysis with these megasynths. the tal sh-101 is my new favorite thing

Flat Daddy fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Mar 10, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

this thread's inspiring me to shake the dust off my old projects. i'm finding a bunch of old stuff that's maybe 80% and just needs some love

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mario Incandenza posted:

native instruments seem to make pretty deece vsts, i enjoy using massive to make lovely loops

i have become a huge NI fanboi in the past few years. the latest update to komplete is pretty uninspiring for the price, but komplete is nevertheless one of the best music purchases i have ever made. even more so now that i'm finally starting to explore the synths instead of just buying a million kontakt libs

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Trig Discipline posted:

since i've been kinda bored lately i've decided to start working my way through the literally hundreds of hours of my old weird LPs i ripped before i left the USA

lol some of this poo poo is insane

:dogbutton:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the devo video THEY don't want you to see (because the hendrix estate gave them permission and then sued them after they saw it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qonTIZGu27w

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
loooooool that bridge

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

holy poo poo

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

apparently music industry people who saw it in 84 said it was the greatest video they'd ever seen but it was only released once, accidentally included on some laserdisc collection in 1993 because the lawyers who ran the hendrix estate thought they were making fun of jimi

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
so yall know ive been on a huge kraftwerk kick lately and that trailer for the 808 movie popped up on synthtopia and they're playing planet rock during it and im all :stare:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

i had a postwar europe class in undergrad and half of my presentation on european culture was playing bands who sampled kraftwerk

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
:getin:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

shart shart shart on the 219

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

collllllllddddddplayyyyyyyy

i was really mad until i found out he had kraftwerk's permission

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
since we were talking about optiganally yours the other day: the dude from pinback/optiganally yours just announced that he's retiring from music to focus on his stupid rear end in a top hat children. boooooo

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
it's more fun to compute

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

sie ist ein autist und ein shitposter

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
das wort ist „sind“

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

all yall need to post ya soundclouds so i can follow you

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
youre already following me but https://soundcloud.com/dumbledog

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
yeah sure

https://soundcloud.com/danwarren

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
https://soundcloud.com/rwslol

e: if i ever actually start doing proper things i might look into whether it's permissible to use a second account. like not as a way of avoiding limits of free accounts, just to maintain separate identities. i guess rdj and various record labels do it so w/e

probably just better off renaming my existing one either way though

jony ive aces fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 13, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

^^^^^^^

sure keep the 49 followers

im also four zero lines from writing what i think is a pretty satisfactory set of lyrics for the first time ever, which means i'll have to bust out the fx for drowning out my goony voice :shobon:

theflyingexecutive fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 13, 2015

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

it's about a girl

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

bust out the fx for drowning out my goony voice :shobon:

there was some goon music named melee beats that was awful for this reason, along with all the others

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

there was some goon music named melee beats that was awful for this reason, along with all the others

didn't he have some nonzero level of success with one of his tracks though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
oh maybe not as much as i thought lol

• Locked thread