Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Nothing about Adorable Adrian Adonis should be brought back. Adrian Street on the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Any good posts from the Mecca these days? I could go for some delusional ramblings right about now.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Any good posts from the Mecca these days? I could go for some delusional ramblings right about now.

They seem to be really optimistic about the signing of Shaun Ricker (was in NXT for a long time but released)

The Shut-In on ratings and a quick psych assessment:

All hail the glorious nation of Ucrania

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

They seem to be really optimistic about the signing of Shaun Ricker (was in NXT for a long time but released)

I guess I can kind of get where they're coming from on this... the last guy they scooped from NXT was EC3 wasn't it? And they did great by him.

Not saying this is the same situation in the slightest, I'm just trying to figure these crazies out.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Who the gently caress is Shawn Ricker?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh christ I didn't see this stuff about the Warrior award until now. This is pretty gross, even for this merry band of shitlords.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

JBL, Connor The Crusher is known as the Sick Kid who died with Brain Cancer and you can read all about it on the WWE App.

super macho dude fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 10, 2015

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

"Those loving entitled parents of dead children. I hate them."

:stare:

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Oh man, Mecca quotes about a NXT cut signing with TNA! I wonder if they have any other silly statements to make...

:stare:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I guess I can kind of get where they're coming from on this... the last guy they scooped from NXT was EC3 wasn't it? And they did great by him.

Not saying this is the same situation in the slightest, I'm just trying to figure these crazies out.

EC3 is more of the exception, rather than the rule though. They also picked up BrodusTyrus, Mike Knox, and Ezekiel Jackson. I guess they did okay with Bram too (people seem to like him anyhow). That said I don't really know anything about Ricker other than him being on that Hero reality show that the Rock hosted and seeing him be a jobber in NXT. I can't think of an actual match I've seen him work or a promo he's done beyond that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dixie's been on a 13 year Make-A-Wish trip because her parents don't have the heart to tell her that mental retardation isn't a terminal illness.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

EC3 is more of the exception, rather than the rule though. They also picked up BrodusTyrus, Mike Knox, and Ezekiel Jackson. I guess they did okay with Bram too (people seem to like him anyhow). That said I don't really know anything about Ricker other than him being on that Hero reality show that the Rock hosted and seeing him be a jobber in NXT. I can't think of an actual match I've seen him work or a promo he's done beyond that.

He worked in NWA Wildside and has some charisma, he's an okay but not great wrestler.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He worked in NWA Wildside and has some charisma, he's an okay but not great wrestler.

The Mecca folks are talking him up like he's in Aries league. Isn't he kind of on the older side after having spent so long in NXT?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

The Mecca folks are talking him up like he's in Aries league. Isn't he kind of on the older side after having spent so long in NXT?
Well, WWE signed him at 31, cut him at 32. So he really didn't spend that long there. As far as his age, well, TNA needs talent, he's not completely useless, so his age doesn't factor in.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Well, WWE signed him at 31, cut him at 32. So he really didn't spend that long there. As far as his age, well, TNA needs talent, he's not completely useless, so his age doesn't factor in.

For some reason I thought he was there a lot longer, I guess because he had a few short stints there.

Wikipedia posted:

World Wrestling Entertainment / WWE (2006, 2008, 2013-2014)[edit]
Ricker made his first World Wrestling Entertainment appearance in 2006, teaming up with Jon Moxley to take on the Big Show. His second appearance was in 2008 in a dark match on the ECW program, teaming with Gene Snitsky in a losing effort against Cryme Tyme.

In May 2013, Wrestling Observer Newsletter reported that Ricker, along with several other independent wrestlers, was undergoing the necessary medical testing required to be signed to WWE. He reported to The WWE Performance Center. Using the new ring name Slate Randall, Ricker defeated Yoshi Tatsu in a dark match at the October NXT television tapings. On August 1, 2014, he was released from his WWE contract.[6]

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Considering how good a look he has, the short stints should be a warning sign of his ability. He's pretty much got the archetypical WWE look.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

For some reason I thought he was there a lot longer, I guess because he had a few short stints there.

Well, I mean the first couple are just him doing job duty. If you look at Johnny Devine's wiki, it mentions him doing a job for Animal and Heidenreich, but he was never under contract. Wikipedia tends to list guys as being with companies if they simply just appear there.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

joshtothemaxx posted:

Nothing about Adorable Adrian Adonis should be brought back. Adrian Street on the other hand...

I saw Adrian Street at a convention recently and I support this

dude's looking good

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Skinty McEdger posted:

Considering how good a look he has, the short stints should be a warning sign of his ability. He's pretty much got the archetypical WWE look.

I think it's more that he's incredibly arrogant

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Optimist with doubt posted:

dude's looking good

God drat. He is 74 now. Looks amazing.

I'm going to use this as an excuse to post my favorite wrestling picture of all time, Adrian Street and his father:

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

joshtothemaxx posted:

I'm going to use this as an excuse to post my favorite wrestling picture of all time, Adrian Street and his father:

Are you sure that's not a scene from Zoolander

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Ricker is kind of EC3 like in terms of having a TV body and talkers were well. But he has an attitude as said which some people just viewed as arrogance while others think it is just the self belief of a possible future Superstar.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well I guess if TNA can make it work with Low-Ki's ego (so far), Ricker might not be so bad a pickup. EC3 is about the only interesting thing onscreen in TNA for me these days so if they can make another one so EC3 doesn't have to be feuding with Jeremy drat Borash, good on them.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Well I guess if TNA can make it work with Low-Ki's ego (so far), Ricker might not be so bad a pickup.

They're going to stiff-shot Ricker with a pipe, too?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh christ I didn't see this stuff about the Warrior award until now. This is pretty gross, even for this merry band of shitlords.

But of course, it was being a tna fan that caused these rejects to get chased off every other wrestling site

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Burn, ROHbots! ROH doesn't draw better in a single night than TNA does in three combined.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Optimist with doubt posted:

dude's looking good

I thought that Adrian Street died ages ago. Dude is in phenomenal shape, especially considering he's in his mid 70s.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Burn, ROHbots! ROH doesn't draw better in a single night than TNA does in three combined.

Don't ROH run a few consecutive night (and venue) shows a year and have since pretty much forever?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Don't ROH run a few consecutive night (and venue) shows a year and have since pretty much forever?

But have they ever drawn as low as TNA? I think not.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aesop Poprock posted:

When ROH on HDNet debuted they ran either a double or a tripleshot at the ECW Arena for the first set of tapings.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wreddit:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
reddit sucks, clap clap, clap clap clap

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

keevo posted:

reddit sucks, clap clap, clap clap clap

let's go reddit

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Hi I browse Reddit, hate Roman Reigns, and have no idea how cameras work.

http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2yz97d/the_roman_reigns_promo_in_smackdown_and_how_wwe/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

quote:

And in Smackdown, they brought another one of the best talkers in WWE, Mark Henry, to hype him up.

Uhh...

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

is that not what happened?

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Elsewhere on Reddit...

quote:

Does the Roman Reigns hate come from a place of institutionalized racism? http://www.reddit.com/r/STRAIGHTSHOOT/comments/2yya9b/does_the_roman_reigns_hate_come_from_a_place_of/

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

rovert posted:

Wreddit:

reminds me of the fan instructions for the "raw takeover" where a bunch of the same losers tried to stick it to wwe telling the audience who to like and chant for by telling the audience who to like and chant for.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

WeaponX posted:

reminds me of the fan instructions for the "raw takeover" where a bunch of the same losers tried to stick it to wwe telling the audience who to like and chant for by telling the audience who to like and chant for.

"The Undertaker is immortal and will always deserve respect"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

WeaponX posted:

Occupy RAW is by far the best thing that has ever happened. Especially all the side tweets saying things like hundreds of fans should swarm the ring to allow some to take Orton's life.