Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Most of those don't seem particularly dumb though (other than the sock bottle holder one, that;s clearly loving ridiculous).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Good stuff. Why hold on to your water bottle when you can wrap it in a sock and still end up having to hold the bottle.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
McLifejack: want to order a hamburger at the golden arches and not pay the $.15 extra for a 1.15 hamburger? Order a cheeseburger off the dollar menue without the cheese and save 15¢. No, I'm not making this up the woman in the window told me.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Lifehack: Live in the southeastern United States and want some of that awesome overseas chocolate? Go to your local Publix and look in the import/ethnic aisle. They have legit Cadbury chocolate, Vegemite, and all sorts of other awesome poo poo. It's worth a look if you're even remotely interested in chocolate that doesn't taste like straight poo poo.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

EZipperelli posted:

Lifehack: Live in the southeastern United States and want some of that awesome overseas chocolate? Go to your local Publix and look in the import/ethnic aisle. They have legit Cadbury chocolate, Vegemite, and all sorts of other awesome poo poo. It's worth a look if you're even remotely interested in chocolate that doesn't taste like straight poo poo.

I have lived in the northeast my whole life and every Stop & Shop I've ever been to has had an "international" aisle that has a bunch of imported stuff from the UK and Ireland. The rest of the international section depends on the area the store is in, but I can easily buy British chocolate.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Mmmmmmmmm gonna hog out on all that nasty chocolate. Get some coco butter in there too, some palm oil, get the flavors going, get some get cramming get creaming #LifeHacks

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Mostly what I find in the international aisle is weird Ukrainian chocolate. I had this one that was a chocolate-covered banana-flavored sugar foam that turned to slime in your mouth.

It was still better than Hershey's.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Lifehack: eat all the chocolate until you get type 2 diabetes and then switch to eating all the dark chocolate.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

People saying "just go to the international section!" are still not realizing that Cadbury can't be commercially imported anymore. Those shelves aren't getting restocked with foreign and strange Cadbury products.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Internet Wizard posted:

People saying "just go to the international section!" are still not realizing that Cadbury can't be commercially imported anymore. Those shelves aren't getting restocked with foreign and strange Cadbury products.

Wait, why not?

E:oh. Nvm.

DicktheCat has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Mar 10, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Hershey put their foot down on imports of any Cadbury products. The article talked about one import company, but really, no one else can do it either.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

just go to trader joes or whole foods or some poo poo? who's even buying hersheys chocolate??

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

appropriatemetaphor posted:

just go to trader joes or whole foods or some poo poo? who's even buying hersheys chocolate??

yeah who buys the products of this massive company? nobody I bet. im a smart person

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
OOOPS, I poo poo myself!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I for one drive over an hour to get to a store just to buy candy

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Not everyone lives near a high end organic supermarket. It'd cost me more money in gas to go to either of those stores than to just walk down the street and buy Hershey's.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Not everyone lives near a high end organic supermarket. It'd cost me more money in gas to go to either of those stores than to just walk down the street and buy Hershey's.

Just have your valet, butler, or some other manservant go get your chocolate for you. Jesus Christ, you loving peasant.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Can you not order chocolate from amazon? Or does it melt on the way through the UPS system?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

lol if you are an adult that eats candy, that poo poo's for placating the terrible children of idiot parents

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Chard posted:

lol if you are an adult that eats candy, that poo poo's for placating the terrible children of idiot parents

Do Jaffa Cakes count as candy

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
I had a friend in the UK send me some chocolates as a birthday present once, and customs opened them and sent me a box containing just the empty wrappers and my birthday card. It wasn't like kinder eggs or something either, it was just plain chocolates - aero and yorkie bars. I think the customs guy just wanted a snack tbh.

Lifehack: get a job in customs and get paid to eat other people's chocolate

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Alabaster White posted:

I don't know what those are so I'm going with "yes"

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Alabaster White posted:

The real controversy with court trials and everything was on if Jaffa cakes are cakes or biscuits for tax purposes. Biscuit as in the UK sense.

Jaffa cakes are delicious! Sponge cake with orange jelly and dark chocolate.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

axolotl farmer posted:

The real controversy with court trials and everything was on if Jaffa cakes are cakes or biscuits for tax purposes. Biscuit as in the UK sense.

Jaffa cakes are delicious! Sponge cake with orange jelly and dark chocolate.

its loving stale cake

Cirrial
Oct 24, 2012

Baracula posted:

its loving stale cake

The ruling of the trial lead to the following classifications in the UK:

If it is hard when it is made and gets soft when it goes stale, it is a biscuit.

If it is soft when it is made and gets hard when it goes stale, it is a cake.

Jaffa Cakes were ruled to be cakes, and thus exempt from the additional tax incurred from adding chocolate to biscuits.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Lifehack: Live in Canada then eat all the lovely British chocolate you want.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme

Chard posted:

at Christmas do you go go to your parents house and sit in the corner and glare at old aunt Glenda for eating a chocolate because that makes her a giant child

Is this something that you do

Content:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

at Christmas do you go go to your parents house and sit in the corner and glare at old aunt Glenda for eating a chocolate because that makes her a giant child

Is this something that you do

Content:

What hack is this? I think I'm missing something.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
.... I think it's a bowl of swiss chard?

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Whoops, wrong thread, too many tabs open.

Here is a life hack gone wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu1tBdSBHxg

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Karate Bastard posted:

Mmmmmmmmm gonna hog out on all that nasty chocolate. Get some coco butter in there too, some palm oil, get the flavors going, get some get cramming get creaming #LifeHacks

Chocolate without all the things you listed is hard as a rock and tastes bitter. Still delicious.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Bhodi posted:

Can you not order chocolate from amazon? Or does it melt on the way through the UPS system?

This. I got no dog in this chocolate fight (I dislike all milk chocolate), but a cursory search for "cadbury chocolate" on Amazon brought up over 12,000 results, the first page all having free shipping. It's not that hard to get? :shrug:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Want Cadbury chocolate? Live in a country where it's sold! #LifeHacks

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ChaosArgate posted:

Len posted:

I for one drive over an hour to get to a store just to buy candy

sorry about living in garbage town, USA i guess v:shobon:v

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

ChaosArgate posted:

Are you saying that the shops near you only stock one brand of chocolate?

LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

This. I got no dog in this chocolate fight (I dislike all milk chocolate), but a cursory search for "cadbury chocolate" on Amazon brought up over 12,000 results, the first page all having free shipping. It's not that hard to get? :shrug:

And you have your choice of buying the stuff Hershey's manufactures and sells under the name Cadbury, or waiting 18 - 26 business days for shipping from England. I for one love ordering chocolate bars a month in advance and hoping they remain undamaged during shipping, a risk specifically called out on the product page.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Dilb posted:

And you have your choice of buying the stuff Hershey's manufactures and sells under the name Cadbury, or waiting 18 - 26 business days for shipping from England. I for one love ordering chocolate bars a month in advance and hoping they remain undamaged during shipping, a risk specifically called out on the product page.

i can't immediately get my sperg chocolates :qq: :qq:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Jesus Christ shut up. #shuttingthefuckuphax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Australian Cadbury is better than UK Cadbury :colbert: Hershey's is poo poo by default and is not included in this debate.