Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan
I liked the comparison that Robin Miller made on Twitter this morning: yes I know it's a parody account

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

KingShibby posted:

I liked the comparison that Robin Miller made on Twitter this morning: yes I know it's a parody account

there exists a better example

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

be nice wicka posted:

there exists a better example

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

would totally want to see that go around nazareth

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
holy poo poo these cars

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
I love it!

This is what an open wheel car should be. This is the first time in countless years I've looked at indycars and went, what the gently caress? Will that even work?

I'm now waiting in gleeful anticipation to see these things race. I'm totally going to the practice sessions at the Indy Speedway to see this crazyness in action. How loving long has it been? How loving long since I've stared through the fence, checking the lap timer to see new tech in action during the month of May. Bout goddamn time Indycar.

Nice to see them get something right for a change.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CactusWeasle posted:

RIP many front tire changers

How much downforce does a leg add?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

How much downforce does a leg add?

not a lot, Zanardi's had some hang time

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The very low quality screen cap of the Honda oval car that's going around is actually what's exciting me most since it almost looks like there's no rear wing on the thing at all which either means they'll be very slow and hard to drive at Indy or that we might see Luyendyk's record go boom

I've also realised just how small the side pod radiator holes are: that bit of the car almost looks like some early 70s F1 cars which is something that I approve of

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/03/10/penske-march-that-helped-al-unser-take-1985-cart-championship-heads-to-auction/

Can I borrow 250,000 dollars guy?

gently caress...wish Pennzoil was a legit full time sponsor for Penske. That livery owns so goddamned much.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2015/03/10/penske-march-that-helped-al-unser-take-1985-cart-championship-heads-to-auction/

Can I borrow 250,000 dollars guy?

gently caress...wish Pennzoil was a legit full time sponsor for Penske. That livery owns so goddamned much.

Badass car, and are you talking about these liveries? (likely to return again for the 500)

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Curt Cavin ‏@curtcavin 50s50 seconds ago
.@FollowAndretti confirms @simdesilvestro for the St. Pete race, and they'll work toward more #IndyCar races.

boom.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

All still quiet on the Wilson front, though. I wonder if he's finally burned that bridge at Coyne or if we will see him back.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Welcome to the pack, the mid-pack I mean :love:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I don't think it will but I hope that the Simona thing develops into a full-time thing: my memories of 2013 is that she had a few bad races but towards the end of the year was quite regularly in the top ten - I think she finished second at one of the Houston races; she definitely did somewhere. The question is whether a year mostly spent doing nothing (F1 Test drivers drive a car about three times a year at this point) is that big of a negative...

Looking over the Indycar field for this year we seem to have no absolutely terrible drivers that shouldn't be there which is quite nice - James Jakes is average but I don't remember him doing anything bad in his first run in Indycar. It wasn't that long ago that we had Milka Duno and Marty Roth turning up every week... The rookie field is really small (3 running full seasons unless we get something new developing last minute) but actually might be pretty competitive; Colleti seems to have pretty decent GP2 results, and then you have the last two Lights champions in Karam and Chaves. I can't make an informed decision on who the favourite might be: I was impressed by Karam at the Rolex 24 and he's in a Ganassi car but so is Charlie Kimball and he hasn't been spectacular...

IceAgeComing fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 11, 2015

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Cygni posted:

All still quiet on the Wilson front, though. I wonder if he's finally burned that bridge at Coyne or if we will see him back.

Coyne said last week Wilson was a possibility.

http://www.racer.com/indycar/item/113887-indycar-coyne-close-to-driver-decisions

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

FuzzySkinner posted:

.@FollowAndretti confirms @simdesilvestro for the St. Pete race, and they'll work toward more #IndyCar races.

boom.

:swoon:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

boom.

:boom: :swoon: :toot:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Hey guys remember how delirious we were when they announced TGBB would be the race director and Indycar was doomed and this season would suck balls?

All is well with the world once again. All is well. All is well.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

KingShibby posted:

Yes.

Also it's going to be pretty bullshit if Wilson doesn't land a ride.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yes.

Also it's going to be pretty bullshit if Wilson doesn't land a ride.

As much as I like Wilson, when's the last time he won a race? His size is a penalty to whatever car he drives, and he's old. If him not getting a ride means that someone like Conor Daly or Zach Veach gets a ride, I'll take that any day.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

KingShibby posted:

As much as I like Wilson, when's the last time he won a race? His size is a penalty to whatever car he drives, and he's old. If him not getting a ride means that someone like Conor Daly or Zach Veach gets a ride, I'll take that any day.

you've got to be kidding me.

Muddy Burphy fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 11, 2015

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

KingShibby posted:

Welcome back traitor !!!!!!!

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

KingShibby posted:

lmao

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

inb4 mclaren orange

(whose car is that?)

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

be nice wicka posted:

(whose car is that?)

Graham Rahal

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

KingShibby posted:

Graham Rahal

that's super disappointing

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

be nice wicka posted:

that's super disappointing

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Sports Argument Stadium* > IndyCar 2015: That's super disappointing

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
While not the best I think Wilson is a solid and consistent driver :shobon:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
#tbt to when JW won at Texas because of Graham's excellent chokejob

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Hinch

Jakes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Oh god, that top car is bad, but hey, sponsors are sponsors.

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Alain Post posted:

Oh god, that top car is bad, but hey, sponsors are sponsors.

Hinch's car? ARE YOU NOT SEEING THE FLAMES?!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

look how long the nose is

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Quantrill posted:

Hinch's car? ARE YOU NOT SEEING THE FLAMES?!

Photographic elements on cars is very triggering to me.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

That's a really nice color combo.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

The Jakes car looks like an inbred Forsythe scheme.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

VikingSkull posted:

look how long the nose is

Same length as the last 3 years. The nose itself wasn't something the aerokits could change.

The super far back driving position is part of the reason the DW12 had such terrible understeer at first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cygni posted:

Same length as the last 3 years. The nose itself wasn't something the aerokits could change.

The super far back driving position is part of the reason the DW12 had such terrible understeer at first.

it must be an optical illusion because of all the other poo poo going on, cause that looks straight ridiculous now

• Locked thread