Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I was really hoping Moonshadow would just show up in the middle of that rant and end him mid sentence. :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Well it took forever and a day but now I'm actually interested in this story arc. Although when you think about it it was only a month.

Here's hoping it ends with that guy trying something on Allison and her just completely clowning him. She already basically did at one point in the series.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

VanSandman posted:

I mean, the guy could be totally vulnerable to basic bullets. You know. Like a normal, non-firepowered dude.

I dunno. It takes a LOT of balls to shittalk someone like Alison on live TV several times.

He's kind of banking that anyone would say something if she threw a pebble through his skull at the speed of sound.

Anyway to repeat a few, he has a point that accusing people in the media is basically signing a death warrant. It's too bad his crazy rear end goes off the rails and veers away from an actual point (like "So don't make this poo poo televised until the killer is apprehended") and right into crazy freeper rear end in a top hat ("so if I see you standing up to your attacker I'll loving kill you")

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Hollismason posted:

Here's hoping it ends with that guy trying something on Allison and her just completely clowning him. She already basically did at one point in the series.

Well it was more "yo we both know I could completely clown you, do you really want to make this into a whole 'thing'?" which is exactly why I highly doubt he's going to actually try something on Allison.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dogwood Fleet posted:

I'm guessing that there is now a race for who gets to kill/disable him first. I'm not sure if the train even got out of the station before derailing.

Allison and Moonshadow get a chance to bond and talk things out while killing him together.

Gorilla Desperado
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Allison and Moonshadow get a chance to bond and talk things out while killing him together.

Hah, was just thinking this.

Alternate scenario: Alison saves him from being killed by Moonshadow because she just can't condone killing even a straight-up dickhead like Furnace. And how awful does he feel afterwards, both that he needed saving at all and by her of all people.

Dogwood Fleet
Sep 14, 2013

Gorilla Desperado posted:

Hah, was just thinking this.

Alternate scenario: Alison saves him from being killed by Moonshadow because she just can't condone killing even a straight-up dickhead like Furnace. And how awful does he feel afterwards, both that he needed saving at all and by her of all people.

She walks away, he is killed by any number of other people.

I'm sure the "Am I Still Special" gang is super pissed off by this. They will want to kill him and they're probably going to take it out on lower tier biodynamics. Lower tier biodynamics now have motive, if not means to kill him. Some of them might band together, others might hire mercenaries. Alison is trying to work on non violent solutions to her problems, but there are a lot of biodynamic women out there, even if they aren't all Tier 1. Heck, his mother might be watching TV and thinking that she failed as a mother and poisoning him is the only thing left that she can do. That's assuming that the government sits on its hands while an incredibly loose cannon goes even more berserk.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
What is also interesting is how he declares it "a legitimate target for superheroic activities". Leaving aside the question what is heroic about burning rape victims (or people alleging to be rape victims), it seems that there is no formal process by which it is decided who is fair game for biodynamics to go after. They decide who to prosecute and how. Which in turn raises the issue that what Moonshadow is doing might not be, strictly speaking, illegal.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all the same, i don't think they can straight murder people

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
We've seen in a couple of spots that their actions basically ARE illegal, but everyone was willing to look the other way when they were fighting supervillains because, you know, supervillains. Once they started fighting non-powered people the legal issues started being more of a problem.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
One thing that comics never addresses, but may be coming up here(Or I'm reading too much into it) is that if superpowers are being given out randomly, some loving douchebag rear end in a top hat is gonna get some.

Not your typical jerk. Like, a Freerepublic poster. A 4chan troll. A Redditor MRA. Furnace is the kind of lovely dude that would likely be flamewarring it up on one of those sites if he wasn't superpowered, but he is, so his awful views are out there for the world to hear.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

rotinaj posted:

One thing that comics never addresses, but may be coming up here(Or I'm reading too much into it) is that if superpowers are being given out randomly, some loving douchebag rear end in a top hat is gonna get some.

Not your typical jerk. Like, a Freerepublic poster. A 4chan troll. A Redditor MRA. Furnace is the kind of lovely dude that would likely be flamewarring it up on one of those sites if he wasn't superpowered, but he is, so his awful views are out there for the world to hear.

And because of the literal hero worship our culture perpetrates, there are legions of people who will follow and defend his poo poo for no other reason than because he's a "hero".
You see it irl with cops and soldiers all the time.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
It just occured to me that maybe Furnace is trying to bait out the slasher by deliberately being extremely pro-MRA on public television. Though probably unlikely, it isn't isn't mutually exclusive with him being something of a short-tempered jerk, and that he is not entirely a caricature of a superpowered stupid rear end in a top hat could be nice twist.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

*smash cut to his headless corpse*

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Slashrat posted:

It just occured to me that maybe Furnace is trying to bait out the slasher by deliberately being extremely pro-MRA on public television. Though probably unlikely, it isn't isn't mutually exclusive with him being something of a short-tempered jerk, and that he is not entirely a caricature of a superpowered stupid rear end in a top hat could be nice twist.

I'd honestly be surprised if the author let Furnace be the one to take down Moonshadow.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Furnace playing with fire he gonna get burned

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Fire puns.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

I'd honestly be surprised if the author let Furnace be the one to take down Moonshadow.

Succesfully baiting out Moonshadow doesn't necessarily mean that things will go very well for him past that point

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
those sure are some average goons patrick's got

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Slashrat posted:

Succesfully baiting out Moonshadow doesn't necessarily mean that things will go very well for him past that point

1) Bait Moonshadow
2) ?
3) Brag on television about beating Moonshadow.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Tollymain posted:

those sure are some average goons patrick's got

I thought the first guy was a robot and they were all gonna be robots. I might be Jesse Pinkman bitch.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

nimby posted:

1) Bait Moonshadow
2) ?
3) Brag on television about beating Moonshadow.

Honestly, as long as Moonshadow sticks to knives he's probably not too bad off. As long as he can go full area incinerate fast enough.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
No Patrick, sitting in your chair with the back omniously facing the door wouldn't have been more amusing than standing in the middle of a pile of people in sleeping/body bags in your office with your sleeves rolled up.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I'm pretty sure they're not body bags. Look, there's even a couple pillows stuffed between the orange-haired lady and the couch for support!

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

So I guess ex-super villain CEOs throw slumber parties in their offices with all their friends?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
well, this took a turn for the really weird. i didn't expect that at all :v:

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
"oh hey allison, could you give me a hand carrying all these people downstairs? some of them are super fat."

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I genuinely have 100% no idea what's going to happen in the next strip :stonk:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

I genuinely have 100% no idea what's going to happen in the next strip :stonk:

Maybe Patrick has been one step ahead of everyone and was rounding up people connected to the first case (jurors and such)? Or corporate slumber party, that could be the reason.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Could be bunch of homeless folks he invited in for the night

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I think they're external hard drives. He's a piece of software running on the human gestalt OS, and he's accessing their business experience and know-how for his dark goals.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

He forces those people to watch Looney Tunes every waking minute, he keeps them there to harvest their dreams.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
They might almost be it. Would a telepath be able to handle being alone? Maybe he needs people around to sleep.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Squidster posted:

I think they're external hard drives. He's a piece of software running on the human gestalt OS, and he's accessing their business experience and know-how for his dark goals.

I'm assuming he probably pays them incredibly well, come work for templar and get put in an induced coma for a while... get big profits and a NDA.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

If that were the case you'd think he'd give them less of a backache.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Jackard posted:

Could be bunch of homeless folks he invited in for the night

That was my initial impression. Which seems kind of unlikely after giving it a moment's though. I dunno what's going on here. :shrug:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

They look too well-groomed to be homeless. I guess he needs to be surrounded by sleeping minds for some reason. Possibly an experiment of some kind?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Pretty sure this just a bunch of engineers/techs sleeping after doing an all nighter.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Y'know, it's gonna be interesting the day that Allison's association with Menace comes out. How will people handle her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
nobody but allison knows that patrick was menace

• Locked thread