Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

http://jalopnik.com/report-jeremy-clarkson-suspended-from-top-gear-show-w-1690546352

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Looks like priceline commercials are going to have a new face. :(

E: The most controversial suspension in the world

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 10, 2015

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Quite A Tool posted:

Due to this I have developed the ability to stare lecherously using only my peripheral vision.

First thing I thought of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbZ46Jms6So&t=90s

Ferremit posted:

As for the keys, Im not THAT paranoid!

This makes me want to make keys, go in and just rearrange the stuff in your fridge.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL
This car is freaking silly. Tested the infamous "insane mode" on my way from work. Giggled all the way home. I have the feeling i should let insane mode rest until i trow the summer tires on it. It feels like a much smaller car than it is (albeit i am comming from a g-wagon) until you go to park it.

and i removed the roof rack, it was just the easiest way to get it home.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 204 days!)

So this was a thing:

If you don't recognize the logo or name, its none other than NAPA branded. I'm pretty sure anyone in this thread can figure out what the coil is for without being told. Its also properly insulated. The handles are wood. :colbert:

(Got at an estate sale months ago- gramps' stuff has already been pilfered by the druggy stepchildren.)

v- Keeping in mind that the coil (load) is open air and generally used atop a vented acid battery of the time, it puts the asbestos brake pads into perspective. :v:

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 10, 2015

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Its a battery tester. I have one just like it.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

So a local band covered Taylor Swift's Blank Space aka that really good TS song that gets stuck in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czb_CZfWko8&app=desktop

:stare: it's beautiful

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Adiabatic posted:

So OKCupid and Tinder have both been awesome. They've got restrictions on the free versions but both are lax enough that I can't see anyone needing to pay actual money.

Got a hot date this Friday with two more in the works :unsmith:

Talking about Tinder, has anyone seen Goatse Guy around recently?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

You Am I posted:

Talking about Tinder, has anyone seen Goatse Guy around recently?
I believe she voluntarily banned herself. She still hangs around on the FB group.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Really? After that last thread went to poo poo?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Anyone know Dr. Kevorkian's number? This wall is making me want to kill myself :smithicide:

Gotta strip and clean both sides then seal and re paint. This is costing way more money and time than I ever imagined. gently caress me.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

Anyone know Dr. Kevorkian's number? This wall is making me want to kill myself :smithicide:

Gotta strip and clean both sides then seal and re paint. This is costing way more money and time than I ever imagined. gently caress me.

Rent a monster pressure washer?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Already did for the inside wall, that set me back $70 for four hours and didn't do that great of a job. Friend offered to use his and it's actually really good, but still not good enough. The outside of the wall is tough, and with the pressure washer alone it would take me a week and ungodly amounts of water so I just got some heavy duty paint stripper and it's going a lot quicker with ten times less of a mess. The washer just send paint everywhere.

I have no choice because the wall has been letting water in and it's slowly disintegrating. I've had to replace a lot of mortar already too, for some reason there's rebar in the mortar and it's rusting :(

This is just a handful of the rusted rebar I've had to remove out of loving mortar.

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Mar 10, 2015

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

leica posted:

Already did for the inside wall, that set me back $70 for four hours and didn't do that great of a job. Friend offered to use his and it's actually really good, but still not good enough. The outside of the wall is tough, and with the pressure washer alone it would take me a week and ungodly amounts of water so I just got some heavy duty paint stripper and it's going a lot quicker with ten times less of a mess. The washer just send paint everywhere.

Pressure washer or industrial stone washer? The big engine-driven ones should strip that down pretty quick.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tusen Takk posted:

So a local band covered Taylor Swift's Blank Space aka that really good TS song that gets stuck in your head.

I think you accidentally linked some run-of-the-mill mall-pop video instead :confused:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

leica posted:

I have no choice because the wall has been letting water in and it's slowly disintegrating. I've had to replace a lot of mortar already too, for some reason there's rebar in the mortar and it's rusting :(

This is just a handful of the rusted rebar I've had to remove out of loving mortar.

Soda blasting would've been perfect for this application.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

88h88 posted:

Soda blasting would've been perfect for this application.

Except it would kill all the grass and plants within 5 feet of the wall. Ask me how I know.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

BraveUlysses posted:

Really? After that last thread went to poo poo?

Probably after the avatars. I got a snap from her a few weeks back and was relieved to hear from her. I hope she's doing okay.

I hope this post doesn't sound creepy.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.

iwentdoodie posted:

Yeah, but most goons can add in heavy breathing and leering even in text.

mariooncrack posted:

Probably after the avatars. I got a snap from her a few weeks back and was relieved to hear from her. I hope she's doing okay.

I hope this post doesn't sound creepy.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

So OKCupid and Tinder have both been awesome. They've got restrictions on the free versions but both are lax enough that I can't see anyone needing to pay actual money.

Got a hot date this Friday with two more in the works :unsmith:

I met my girlfriend through Tinder about two months ago, and she's a really amazing person. It really isn't just for hookups, although I did blunder my way into a hookup that turned into the best two weeks of my life up to that point :huh:

I have had universally positive encounters with women through Tinder. Tinder itself, on the other hand, can be bad news if you run to it seeking validation every time you feel down or lonely. It seems easier to get sucked into it than any other form of social media I've experienced. I had to delete it because I wasted so much time trying to feel less empty :smith:. It helped that I found someone that I'm happy with and who won't be going anywhere for a while :3:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

KozmoNaut posted:

I think you accidentally linked some run-of-the-mill mall-pop video instead :confused:

Either that or I think he may have a completely different definition of "really good song that gets stuck in your head" than the rest of us do...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

HotCanadianChick posted:

Either that or I think he may have a completely different definition of "really good song that gets stuck in your head" than the rest of us do...
Wouldnt know. I turned it off after 30 seconds.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
What's worse... A jaguar x type with a bad transfer case, a discovery with a bad head gasket or a bitchin camaro with a wheezy v6.

Or just stabbing myself in the dick

I'll pick stabbing myself in the dick.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

why dont you just come out and admit that you are with motronic on the down low

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

What's worse... A jaguar x type with a bad transfer case, a discovery with a bad head gasket or a bitchin camaro with a wheezy v6.

I'll pick stabbing myself in the dick.

There's only one way to find out!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I liked it, even if it's mall-core :colbert:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

West SAAB Story posted:

This is true.

As much as I'd love a nice reliable car, something about a car that's on the verge of catastrophic failure keeps me excited.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

West SAAB Story posted:

gently caress off hes MINE.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Camaro, then fix the V6 problem.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Tusen Takk posted:

I liked it, even if it's mall-core :colbert:

It was like Bowling for Soup with a head cold. Only fatter.

cursedshitbox posted:

gently caress off hes MINE.

I think half of his state wants his body- and not only because he is the only one who can tell the red from the black wire.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

As much as I'd love a nice reliable car, something about a car that's on the verge of catastrophic failure keeps me excited.

Hey. <PSSST> Hey, Buddy. Wanna buy a SAAB?

Previa_fun posted:

Neat packaging, too. :v:

Not even close. The front clip is still on.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 11, 2015

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Geirskogul, I received my jackstands today; great work. One of the the larger (1/10?) ones suffered minor damage in shipping but all the 1/18 stands I requested arrived perfectly.

Currently holding up the wrong end of an R8.

Neat packaging, too. :v:

TooLShack
Jun 3, 2001

SMILE, BIRTHDAY BOY!

KozmoNaut posted:

Yeah, this is pretty bad.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

leica posted:

This is about how I feel right now. Trying to strip some lovely wheels so I can make them nice again and I'm on my third go-around with a can of aircraft stripper. I found a bitchin' can of polyurethane bumper stripper in the back of the cabinet, but it's been sitting outside for God knows how many years and lost all of its aerosol :(

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I too got my nifty Geirskogul Brand jackstands today, they're cool as hell :3 Loved the label as well, taped it to my toolbox!

Sadly two of my 1/24 stands are missing though :( I've got the center sections and everything, but the bases are AWOL.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Whaaaat? If the centers are there the bases should be there :( Though I do admit I was a bit rushed because I'm a procrastinator.

I'd be happy to print some more for you, but I'm at Ft Benning right now, preparing to deploy to Cuba, so I'm a thousand miles or so away from the printer.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

Geirskogul posted:

I'd be happy to print some more for you, but I'm at Ft Benning right now, preparing to deploy to Cuba, so I'm a thousand miles or so away from the printer.

Miami ain't that far. Call into Staples and have it done for you. :miami: wait i mean :hydrogen:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Geirskogul posted:

Whaaaat? If the centers are there the bases should be there :( Though I do admit I was a bit rushed because I'm a procrastinator.

It's all good man, the box seemed a little beat up so they might have fallen out in transit. The model that I need the 1/24 scale stands for hasn't even been built yet, so there's no hurry in getting the other two bases to me anyway. Enjoy your time in Cuba!

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

West SAAB Story posted:

Hey. <PSSST> Hey, Buddy. Wanna buy a SAAB?

Saab's are loving rare in this part of the world. By the time I can get home to look at one, its either sold if its a good example or a poo poo heap. I'd wouldn't mind a nice dd 9-5 wagon, but the few here look smell like a dog, had stripper glitter and a small hand grenade went off in the interior in no particular order.

Are your pm's back on?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Tusen Takk posted:

I like what the Arkells did with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j74ywYUX8c

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Are your pm's back on?

I think so. Still not offering private lapdances tho..

• Locked thread