Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

at the date posted:

A man who sodomized his own son on camera being moved to women's prison after claiming that he's actually transgender

What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Casimir Radon posted:

Didn't get into the academy but want the academy experience? Now you can! With AFROTC Frat you'll have forced friendships with a bunch of weirdos while not hanging out with regular people! You'll be so socially retarded by the end you'll think you went to the academy! Also, RAPE! Lots of RAPE!

Wouldn't it have to be an AFROTC frat at Liberty University?

Let's keep the worst of the Drunk thread in the drunk thread.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

joat mon posted:

Basing your friendship circle mainly on whoever is in your AFROTC unit seems like a bad idea wherever you are.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

joat mon posted:

Embry Riddle circa the mid-late 90s

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

at the date posted:

A man who sodomized his own son on camera being moved to women's prison after claiming that he's actually transgender... check

Whoa, hadn't heard of this one.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

WarpedNaba posted:

Whoa, hadn't heard of this one.

Look for Shim's most recent probation, that'll put you on the path.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

None of the characters are visibly trans*.

Would it be out of line for a director to claim that his characters have always been trans

Or does it not count if they're not actively dealing with Serious Gender Issues and are instead just normal people living lives

joat mon posted:

I did AFROTC at the central school that handled all Liberty and JMU cadets Ask Me Anything

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Like, people didn't care when Rowling explained that Dumbledore was gay because he wasn't dealing with fantasy bigots in the fantasy world and thus didn't count

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Like, people didn't care when Rowling explained that Dumbledore was gay because he wasn't dealing with fantasy bigots in the fantasy world and thus didn't count

bumholebore

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Republican senators blatantly interfere with Iran negotiations, Obama mocks the gently caress out of them. Now imagine for a minute Democratic senators had pulled something like this in relations to the Iraq war, I imagine the word "traitor" would have been thrown around quite a bit.

Putin tells everyone what even the most retarded DnD poster already knows.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
GOP really wants to see a bunch of you gunning down 10000 screaming teenagers armed with machetes and wearing keys around their necks..

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Gimme an MG42 and a crate of spare barrels :unsmigghh:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Sounds like a good time.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Sounds like a good time.

If you're a complete loser maybe.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/obama-declares-venezuela-a-threat-to-us-national-security/ar-AA9yzFS

gently caress the desert, liberate some Latin chicks.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

It's also Oklahoma, so most of those guys have probably never seen a black dude except on tv or in movies.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Booblord Zagats posted:

Embry Riddle circa the mid-late 90s

lol Embry Riddle AFROTC is like USAFA-lite, seriously those guys are all try-hard fucks

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

If you're a complete loser maybe.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/obama-declares-venezuela-a-threat-to-us-national-security/ar-AA9yzFS

"Free the Hot" is the best foreign policy.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeUYE1XNO5E&t=30s

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Or does it not count if they're not actively dealing with Serious Gender Issues and are instead just normal people living lives

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Who would want to liberate the desert?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Pretty much anyone with a 40lb bomb, 5 million acres of sand and goats, and a bunch of Latinas sunbathing on the beach.

*BOOM*

"Done! Lube up, lasses!"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f37K0hIv3zk

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

iyaayas01 posted:

lol Embry Riddle AFROTC is like USAFA-lite, seriously those guys are all try-hard fucks

That's pretty much how my brother described them. He beat the ever living poo poo out of one his senior year at a house party and almost lost his Marine flight slot over it

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I live like an hour from OU. My boss was talking about that frat scandal at work this morning. I didn't realize it had this much national exposure though; it certainly doesn't surprise me I guess.

that's my story thanks

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

Republican senators blatantly interfere with Iran negotiations, Obama mocks the gently caress out of them. Now imagine for a minute Democratic senators had pulled something like this in relations to the Iraq war, I imagine the word "traitor" would have been thrown around quite a bit.

Didn't see it mentioned but Iran's foreign minister also got in on owning the GOP (emphasis stolen from Vox):

Javad Zarif posted:

Asked about the open letter of 47 US Senators to Iranian leaders, the Iranian Foreign Minister, Dr. Javad Zarif, responded that "in our view, this letter has no legal value and is mostly a propaganda ploy. It is very interesting that while negotiations are still in progress and while no agreement has been reached, some political pressure groups are so afraid even of the prospect of an agreement that they resort to unconventional methods, unprecedented in diplomatic history. This indicates that like Netanyahu, who considers peace as an existential threat, some are opposed to any agreement, regardless of its content.

Zarif expressed astonishment that some members of US Congress find it appropriate to write to leaders of another country against their own President and administration. He pointed out that from reading the open letter, it seems that the authors not only do not understand international law, but are not fully cognizant of the nuances of their own Constitution when it comes to presidential powers in the conduct of foreign policy.

Foreign Minister Zarif added that "I should bring one important point to the attention of the authors and that is, the world is not the United States, and the conduct of inter-state relations is governed by international law, and not by US domestic law. The authors may not fully understand that in international law, governments represent the entirety of their respective states, are responsible for the conduct of foreign affairs, are required to fulfil the obligations they undertake with other states and may not invoke their internal law as justification for failure to perform their international obligations.

The Iranian Foreign Minister added that "change of administration does not in any way relieve the next administration from international obligations undertaken by its predecessor in a possible agreement about Irans peaceful nuclear program." He continued "I wish to enlighten the authors that if the next administration revokes any agreement with the stroke of a pen, as they boast, it will have simply committed a blatant violation of international law."

He emphasized that if the current negotiation with P5+1 result in a Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, it will not be a bilateral agreement between Iran and the US, but rather one that will be concluded with the participation of five other countries, including all permanent members of the Security Council, and will also be endorsed by a Security Council resolution.

Zarif expressed the hope that his comments "may enrich the knowledge of the authors to recognize that according to international law, Congress may not modify the terms of the agreement at any time as they claim, and if Congress adopts any measure to impede its implementation, it will have committed a material breach of US obligations.

The Foreign Minister also informed the authors that majority of US international agreements in recent decades are in fact what the signatories describe as "mere executive agreements" and not treaties ratified by the Senate.

He reminded them that "their letter in fact undermines the credibility of thousands of such mere executive agreements that have been or will be entered into by the US with various other governments.

Zarif concluded by stating that "the Islamic Republic of Iran has entered these negotiations in good faith and with the political will to reach an agreement, and it is imperative for our counterparts to prove similar good faith and political will in order to make an agreement possible."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC pending an investigation for something offensive he said. Next week's top gear has been pulled.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jeremy Clarkson has been suspended by the BBC pending an investigation for something offensive he said. Next week's top gear has been pulled.
Actually the rumor is he tried to punch a producer.

Thwomp posted:

Didn't see it mentioned but Iran's foreign minister also got in on owning the GOP (emphasis stolen from Vox):
:laugh:

Even the New York Daily News is making GBS threads on them.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Mar 10, 2015

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

A small observation, regarding the current uproar about Iran:

An executive agreement, which is what I would imagine will result from the current talks with Iran, is NOT legally binding, and a future administration breaking it would be a simple political gesture.

An actual treaty, which would be legally binding, requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate for ratification.

That doesn't remove the stain of members of the legislature attempting to influence executive foreign relations, however. It was dirty when Teddy Kennedy did it with the Soviets, and it's dirty now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MrYenko posted:

A small observation, regarding the current uproar about Iran:

An executive agreement, which is what I would imagine will result from the current talks with Iran, is NOT legally binding, and a future administration breaking it would be a simple political gesture.

An actual treaty, which would be legally binding, requires a two-thirds vote of the Senate for ratification.

That doesn't remove the stain of members of the legislature attempting to influence executive foreign relations, however. It was dirty when Teddy Kennedy did it with the Soviets, and it's dirty now.

Diamond Joe responded to that by mentioning a big list of major foreign policy items which were executive only actions.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Stultus Maximus posted:

Diamond Joe responded to that by mentioning a big list of major foreign policy items which were executive only actions.

The list of constitutional violations of this administration, and every other back to the turn of the last century is rather long. That doesn't make them right.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

MrYenko posted:

The list of constitutional violations of this administration, and every other back to the turn of the last century is rather long. That doesn't make them right.

Please, go on.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MrYenko posted:

lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

MrYenko posted:

Name three.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
Like, if I want to be hyper trolly I would comedy option say the War Powers Act as written is probably unconstitutional, but this is beyond that level of trolling, I bet though that he says Drone Warfare, NSA going hog wild at least, (not that I agree, just posting the most likely things)

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
But drone warfare and NSA are both awesome.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Ryand-Smith posted:

Like, if I want to be hyper trolly I would comedy option say the War Powers Act as written is probably unconstitutional, but this is beyond that level of trolling, I bet though that he says Drone Warfare, NSA going hog wild at least, (not that I agree, just posting the most likely things)

The NSA going hog wild was not something 'this' administration started.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no

ded posted:

The NSA going hog wild was not something 'this' administration started.

I assume he meant everything in the past century (and I was trying to go for 40 or so years so we don't get concern trolling (civil rights movement etc, interment, strike breaking) poo poo from pre 1950.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
why do people even act like the constitution matters in 2015, we're so hosed it's beyond belief and the only thing that's gonna fix it is nuclear hellfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Read a cool book set in the future and we basically hosed the earth with nano machines that ate people. It later got nuked also. P rad book you should all read called century rain by Alastair Reynolds, the dude who gave n4i his name.

• Locked thread