Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Hopefully he gets another chance in the LCS. Even if he's not on the top of his game anymore, he's far from the least deserving person in there already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I want to like this new team, please don't pick up Chaox.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I wish they could get Nien, because post-MaKNoon Fusion isn't going anywhere and he is a solid performer/good guy.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

I wish they could get Nien, because post-MaKNoon Fusion isn't going anywhere and he is a solid performer/good guy.

Yeah Nien seems like he's pretty good right now.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
My main worry is Crumbzz, really. Teams can get by with mediocre or worse tops (what up Avalon and Winterfox) and NA has tons of ADC talent, but a bad jungler means you're sunk. And let's face it, Crumbzz really was not good last time we saw him on DIG. I'm not sure he can fix himself with a new team.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Alex/Yuno/Crumbzz is okay, i am not particularly excited about Crumbzz, but they should pick up nien or chaox for ADC. After swapping back to ADC Nien has been performing well when I've seen him play.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I don't believe Crumbzz is as bad as he looked in the beginning of this season. Dig had essentially no communication or coach at the time. He was a solid performer on an otherwise mediocre Dig team last season.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Firebert posted:

I don't believe Crumbzz is as bad as he looked in the beginning of this season. Dig had essentially no communication or coach at the time. He was a solid performer on an otherwise mediocre Dig team last season.

for like, 4 weeks, crumbzz was terrible the last half of the summer split and is a majority of the reason dig stumbled

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
I think that if this team actually plays that it will be very instructive about Crumbz's quality. Previously its easy to blame the bad communication of Dig and the Shiphtur situation, but in this case we should have a better idea of what he can do. I guess a kind of 'put up or shut up' test.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I think Crumbz is fine if he doesn't have to shot call, he has never been able to make calls from behind.

In other news, Team WE is running 2 subs for IEM.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Vision control never goes out of style, mind you. So it really depends on his decision making (or ability to follow other people's calls).

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Killed By Death posted:

I think Crumbz is fine if he doesn't have to shot call, he has never been able to make calls from behind.

In other news, Team WE is running 2 subs for IEM.

Really wish we could see LGD / OMG at IEM.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

exethan posted:

Really wish we could see LGD / OMG at IEM.

Or EDG or Snake. Ugh.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

TheDemon posted:

Vision control never goes out of style, mind you. So it really depends on his decision making (or ability to follow other people's calls).

Dig's vision control under Crumbzz didn't seem that good so if that was his focus he failed at that too.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Gambit has a FANTASTIC Youtube channel where they poke fun at themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?GambitEsports?videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWg395xyXMQ
For example...

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

GreyPowerVan posted:

Alex/Yuno/Crumbzz is okay, i am not particularly excited about Crumbzz, but they should pick up nien or chaox for ADC. After swapping back to ADC Nien has been performing well when I've seen him play.

Nien seemed super nice on fsn actually and he just tweeted a heart at Alex so it's loving happening mates 100% confirmed

Also gambits marketing team has always been the best, weed wizard Darien vids were the poo poo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

foutre posted:

Or EDG or Snake. Ugh.

Yeah, EDG at Katowice would be awesome, they look so good right now.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
Impulse is doing an AMA. XWX's answers make it worth reading. I love that man.

Also Impact says NA soloQ has more trolling? That surprises me because I thought Korea had it worse with that.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

Also Impact says NA soloQ has more trolling? That surprises me because I thought Korea had it worse with that.

Koreans consider not going afk in the fountain at 8 minutes after your midlaner gives up FB to be trolling so

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know if IEM world champs is going to have a Youtube stream? Twitch is blocked at my work, and I'm gonna guess that Azubu is too.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Rf legendary shouldn't be on a comp team.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Marin Karin posted:

To be fair, Impact is also pretty good... in response to "Who's the best toplaner in NA?" the answer is "Balls he rumble good"

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Not entirely competitive but watching these CLG ranked 5s the last couple of nights has been hilarious and gone a long way towards me liking the team as a whole a lot more.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

siriuslysomething posted:

Not entirely competitive but watching these CLG ranked 5s the last couple of nights has been hilarious and gone a long way towards me liking the team as a whole a lot more.

"gently caress marry kill with my teammates?

I would gently caress... (thinks for about 30 seconds) Darshan.

Marry? (thinks for about a minute) Link.

(in about 2 seconds flat) And kill Peter."

:allears:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Marin Karin posted:

god bless xiaoweixiao

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
fox has been spamming Diana in solo q, wonder if he will break out a surprise pick at iem

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Well, IEM starts in 30 minutes so we'll find out.

Edit: Sooo... That stupid countdown was for the Star Craft and CS:GO tournament starts, not League of Legends... League is tomorrow.

Calax fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 12, 2015

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I too got the date wrong and got up early for no reason

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rapidstar has written a pretty extensive preview for IEM with a very detailed breakdown of all the regions and teams involved. I'm still reading it but I'm sure there's more people interested in it.

https://rapidst4r.wordpress.com/2015/03/12/text-analysiseng-iem-wcs-preview/

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
So since it seems Bard is actually designed specifically with roaming in mind, can anyone with a better grasp of the meta than me armchair out a rough prediction of where pros might go with him? Will lane swapping become more popular?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

AnonSpore posted:

So since it seems Bard is actually designed specifically with roaming in mind, can anyone with a better grasp of the meta than me armchair out a rough prediction of where pros might go with him? Will lane swapping become more popular?

Bard's laning doesn't seem that great so I don't think teams will be too eager to grab the 2v2.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

The interesting thing about Bard is that he provides another source of experience that wasn't there before in the chimes. I haven't looked up results to see how much it takes to get a level, but it might be a way to give ADCs solo experience while having the support not suffer so much. Usually roaming supports are heavily behind in levels and make easy targets when they are forced to group again.

The lane swap also allows the support to visit the midlane early, and dropping a heal shrine could tip a midlane matchup by giving the friendly laner a health/sustain advantage over their opponent. It's not a gank, but it might still change the balance of the matchup.

I'm also interested to see how Bard will work with the jungler to add new gank paths or routes, especially with players like TuSin, Gorilla or Piccaboo

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Mar 13, 2015

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bard and Corki seem like they will be ultimate bros.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Lane swapping happens like 90% of the time now anyway (and I think the other 10% is just teams trying to lane swap and accidentally ending up 2v2), so I don't think he's going to make it more popular. His kit seems like the sort of thing that's going to be a lot stronger in the pro game, with teams coordinating and communicating, then in solo queue.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/2ytxwn/probably_ama_time/

Reddit AMA from the H2K coach.

That said, I'd guess that the bard would be built into Wombo teams with a lane bully. The Bully would allow him to roam much quicker than before and all of his abilities are based around ganking or aoe. Who kows, maybe you could strap him to your Jungle for some punishing ganks?

Edit, also Phreak is great as a streamer.

Calax fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 13, 2015

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Edit: wrong thread. So CS go was a trip to watch...

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Freaksaus posted:

Rapidstar has written a pretty extensive preview for IEM with a very detailed breakdown of all the regions and teams involved. I'm still reading it but I'm sure there's more people interested in it.

https://rapidst4r.wordpress.com/2015/03/12/text-analysiseng-iem-wcs-preview/

This is extremely thorough and I would recommend it to people who watch all of the regions even.

Yuran M. Bazil
Jun 20, 2008

Diana top and Cho'Gath mid in the LPL right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

They won... and now a Twitch

• Locked thread