Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

What if you are Jameis Winston tho?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The South: Not As Bad As The Nazis

That's their new tagline.

In real college football news, they've begun spring practice. I think this team isn't good. I hate Jerry Kill. All is normal.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Meltathon posted:

I'm sorry, is this someone taking a cellphone video of another person's cell phone video? What?

I don't know of a way to record videos directly off snapchat

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

soggybagel posted:

That's their new tagline.

In real college football news, they've begun spring practice. I think this team isn't good. I hate Jerry Kill. All is normal.

Hayes–Schembechler Coach of the Year Jerry Kill?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Craig James had some interesting comments recently regarding gay marriage and SATAN(I want to have the Church Lady reverb for this one).

Also found out he now works for the hilariously uptight Family Research Council which I think at this point advocates against doing anything but sitting around a small candle and reading the Bible. Seems like a match made in hooker murdering heaven.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Georgia has a bar called General Beauregard's (known as Generals) where there's a giant picture of Robert E. Lee and a confederate flag facing you as soon as you walk in, and a whole bunch of landscapes of slaves picking cotton. I never saw a single black person go in yet somehow Waka Flacka did a show there when they were just getting big.

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums

Raku posted:

Remember like earlier on this page where Texas has statues of Jefferson Davis and Robert E. Lee

It's pretty clear which side they're on now.

There are a lot of Texans who think that Texas is southern, and they should be the ones being deported IMHO.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Located in the southern part of the country? Check
Stupid Sounding Accent? Check
Absurdly strong opinions about smoked meat? Check

Seems like splitting hairs, I dunno

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
With Chip Kelly destroying my Eagles, I think I'll be able to accept the oncoming disaster of Holgorsens last season coaching my Mountaineers into the ground.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Asproigerosis posted:

With Chip Kelly destroying my Eagles, I think I'll be able to accept the oncoming disaster of Holgorsens last season coaching my Mountaineers into the ground.

Cowherd said today that UF AD Jeremy Foley wanted to hire Chip after Urban Meyer left.

I hope that means they tried to get him and failed before getting Muschamp and not that they were gonna get him during the year when Urban Meyer temporarily quit and then the deal got nixed because Urban decided to come back for an extra year.

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

East Texas and the Panhandle is basically Southern Oklahoma and West Texas may as well be Sherif Arpaio's Arizona, but the cities up and down I35 are positively midwestern.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Reminder that Georgia has Brian Schottenheimer under their employ.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Cowherd said today that UF AD Jeremy Foley wanted to hire Chip after Urban Meyer left.

I hope that means they tried to get him and failed before getting Muschamp and not that they were gonna get him during the year when Urban Meyer temporarily quit and then the deal got nixed because Urban decided to come back for an extra year.

Could you take Holgorsen from us please?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

mulls posted:

East Texas and the Panhandle is basically Southern Oklahoma and West Texas may as well be Sherif Arpaio's Arizona, but the cities up and down I35 are positively midwestern.

Yeah, the whole state is split into quarters with the East definitely belonging to the South, while the middle section is midwestern, the West being New Mexico or Arizona without the mountains (and better road laws than New Mexico... gently caress New Mexico), and the South being, well, Mexico.

Also, brisket is the superior meat and that opinion alone should disqualify Texas from being lumped in with pork country.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

kayakyakr posted:

Also, brisket is the superior meat and that opinion alone should disqualify Texas from being lumped in with pork country.

Go gently caress y'self.

:clint::coffee:

BunLengthHotDog
Jun 30, 2003

Good Game

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Reminder that Georgia has Brian Schottenheimer under their employ.

Nick Chubb is skipping spring break to go home and work out with his high school strength coach. This is the same guy who had Chubb stronger than 99% of the UGA locker room before he stepped foot on campus. Dude is a freak... he is either going to work himself so hard he becomes the first human capable of unassisted flight or he is going to Billy Cole some poor DB on his way to the endzone.

Either way... hand it to him and Sony Michel when needed, pass a few times a game and we'll be OK. Don't now how cute Schottenheimer is going to get with a green QB, but at least we won't see any more draws on 3rd and wtf.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Georgia has a bar called General Beauregard's (known as Generals) where there's a giant picture of Robert E. Lee and a confederate flag facing you as soon as you walk in, and a whole bunch of landscapes of slaves picking cotton. I never saw a single black person go in yet somehow Waka Flacka did a show there when they were just getting big.

He*

Flocka is just one dude. One dude who is pretty meh at rap. Good music for the gym though. Also, if you're at all interested in rap, in particular, the Atlanta trap scene you should check out Noisey Atlanta by Vice on YouTube.

mulls
Jul 30, 2013

kayakyakr posted:

Yeah, the whole state is split into quarters with the East definitely belonging to the South, while the middle section is midwestern, the West being New Mexico or Arizona without the mountains (and better road laws than New Mexico... gently caress New Mexico), and the South being, well, Mexico.

And a little dot of California right where the Legislature meets.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

The fraternity individual who was recorded and identifiable apologized in a statement. His family also relocated in light of the phone threats they were getting.

The other identifiable guy's parents apologized on the kid's behalf

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fraternity-member-video-apologizes-racist-chant-29543056

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 11, 2015

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MourningView posted:

Located in the southern part of the country? Check
Stupid Sounding Accent? Check
Absurdly strong opinions about smoked meat? Check

Seems like splitting hairs, I dunno

New Mexico and Arizona tick at least 2 of those 3 boxes so hooray, everyone's Southern.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

The fraternity individual who was recorded and identifiable apologized in a statement. His family also relocated in light of the phone threats they were getting.

The other identifiable guy's parents apologized on the kid's behalf

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/fraternity-member-video-apologizes-racist-chant-29543056

Of course his name is goddamn Parker Rice. That is the frattiest frat boy name I have ever heard.

Edit: Also, when I get poo poo faced I also make racist chants.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Crotch Bat posted:

New Mexico and Arizona tick at least 2 of those 3 boxes so hooray, everyone's Southern.
We don't have a stupid accent or strong opinions about smoked meat in Arizona :colbert:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Of course people handled this rationally by threatening the family of someone involved. Nothing like letting loose your inner douche by posting anonymous threats.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Does anyone else agree with me that the best minor storyline of the Civil War is Tecumseh Sherman vs Reporters?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

BunLengthHotDog posted:

Nick Chubb is skipping spring break to go home and work out with his high school strength coach. This is the same guy who had Chubb stronger than 99% of the UGA locker room before he stepped foot on campus. Dude is a freak... he is either going to work himself so hard he becomes the first human capable of unassisted flight or he is going to Billy Cole some poor DB on his way to the endzone.

Either way... hand it to him and Sony Michel when needed, pass a few times a game and we'll be OK. Don't now how cute Schottenheimer is going to get with a green QB, but at least we won't see any more draws on 3rd and wtf.

A wild Chubb in his natural habitat:

Can't hate on a guy who could go anywhere that and be neck deep in poon for an entire week for taking the time off and honing his craft. He was also doing some runs with pull-weights and broke the straps twice because of how much he was hauling. He also ran a 4.39. Chubb is the truth.

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Mar 11, 2015

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Neodoomium posted:

Does anyone else agree with me that the best minor storyline of the Civil War is Tecumseh Sherman vs Reporters?

Mine is Michigan football fans (born in the Civil War era) vs. Modernity.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fluffdaddy posted:

Mine is Michigan football fans (born in the Civil War era) vs. Modernity.

That's only the overwhelming majority of us you son of a bitch

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Now let's head to Youngstown to see how Bo is doing

I got nothing

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Georgia is changing their athletic slogan from "Commit to the G" which isn't all that bad to "Pound the G" which sounds like a gay sex thing.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

I was in Phoenix for Spring Training and at one game a mentally challenged fellow in the row in front of me looked alarmingly like Bo Pelini and now I'm not so sure it wasn't actually Bo Pelini.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Apparently Georgia is changing their athletic slogan from "Commit to the G" which isn't all that bad to "Pound the G" which sounds like a gay sex thing.

I'm starting to think Georgia went after Schottenheimer based on nothing other than reputation as a guy who will run the damned ball. You guys should actually like him (until the first time you go down 14 after a couple of three and outs).

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Depends on the gender. :shlick:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Pound the G, get to the Spot

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Yo The Machine lost, Bama has its first black SGA president in 40 years, its second ever :)

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

A wild Chubb in his natural habitat:

Can't hate on a guy who could go anywhere that and be neck deep in poon for an entire week for taking the time off and honing his craft. He was also doing some runs with pull-weights and broke the straps twice because of how much he was hauling. He also ran a 4.39. Chubb is the truth.

It's fun to watch this while listening to David Attenborough talk about complex mating rituals.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Iowa State's AD Jamie Pollard is in the hospital after a heart attack Monday night. He's scheduled for open-heart surgery in a few days. :ohdear:

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Iowa QB Jake Rudock is doing a graduate transfer. Visiting Ann Arbor next week.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Bye Jake, you were not good but not as bad as Jake Christensen and I appreciate that.

Probably for the best since it forces the staff (mostly Kirk, I think everyone else was already sold) to go all in on on Bethard and means he doesn't have to look over his shoulder and worry about losing his job after every bad series. Leaves us a little thin short term but that's only a big deal if he gets hurt or is complete poo poo, and anyway we already know that our ceiling with Jake is an underwhelming one.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Michigan's down to Shane Morris and a couple of guys who have never played, right? I'd defer to a Michigan fan but I feel like Rudock is an upgrade over Shane fuckin Morris.

E: Oh, here's one of them. Wilton Speight, graduate of "The Collegiate School." Jesus.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

LeeMajors posted:

Go gently caress y'self.

:clint::coffee:

pork is dumb as hell go beef

• Locked thread