Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

CitizenKain posted:

My CDC is the bad game magnet, I've had maybe 5 games in it that haven't been complete blowouts.

80% of games are unwinnable\unlosable. Just gotta move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

World of Warships: Torpedo alley

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

McGavin posted:

Quit playing battleships you nerd. Join the DDark side.

Always bet on Fletcher :dukedog:

Basically this but replace "Army base" with Battleships

Pimpmust fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 11, 2015

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
I got...I got an apology tonight.

A guy was bitching at me in chat because he died and apparently it was my job to stop him from dying. Which it was not, btw. He gave me poo poo for the next 5 minutes until the game was over. We had like a 38% chance to win, I was in my Lowe, he died on the Malinovka hill while I was RIGHT behind him.

He apologized for giving me poo poo. Said my stats were good, and he was just tired of being let down by his teammates tonight. Then, he wanted to platoon...which didn't happen, because I was too busy owning poo poo in my Lowe.

But...an apology? because MY stats were good?

WTF is this game coming to?

We have achieved critical mass.

edit: my stats are NOT good, btw. They are just better than the unwashed masses.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

McGavin posted:

Quit playing battleships you nerd. Join the DDark side.

From demonR6 descriptions (and not having played WoWS sofar) it sounds like WG not including submarines was probably pretty smart.
So, people in WoWS, is it worth downloading and playing once it is released on the 12th?
Is it as rage inducing as WoT? Cause I really don't need another game like that (I also just downloaded Tropico 5 on Steam sale).

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Cardiac posted:

From demonR6 descriptions (and not having played WoWS sofar) it sounds like WG not including submarines was probably pretty smart.
So, people in WoWS, is it worth downloading and playing once it is released on the 12th?
Is it as rage inducing as WoT? Cause I really don't need another game like that (I also just downloaded Tropico 5 on Steam sale).

It is pretty chill compared to wot. Least that is how it was in beta weekends,it also helps the tier to teir diffrance is not as large as it is in wot so anything feels useful many tiers lower.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea, the lack of binary penetration and smaller HP differential between tiers makes being at the bottom a lot easier to stomach. Carriers are a lot less binary and RNG than arty as well.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BBs are the arty of WoWS.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Cardiac posted:

The game is not nearly as rage inducing as WoT. Individual skills seem to matter a lot more than it does in wot. It doesn't matter if you have the biggest and baddest ship if you can't land a shot to save your life. Matchmaking was awful, but it can be expected considering it was just a weekend beta. I can only hope that more players and a bit of tweaking from WG will fix.

The current Meta (or rather, the Meta during the beta weekend) focussed a lot on torpedoes. It almost seems like battleships have been put in the game solely so that destroyers and carriers can sink them using torpedoes. I am not kidding when I say there is just too many god drat torpedoes in the water at any given time.

If its not the enemy team trying to sink you with them, its pubbies on your team unloading theirs at the worst possible time. For example, at the start of the match when they can't possibly hit anyone but their team mates.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
the problem with wows is that its a dull game at its core. drive around at snail pace on an entirely flat map and click on the enemy ships until theyre dead. thats all there is to it. also, the other problem is that you keep talking about it

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I haven't even gotten into any of the test phases or otherwise touched the game and I still MUCH rather read the botes talk than your incessant petulant whining about it.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Nordick posted:

I haven't even gotten into any of the test phases or otherwise touched the game and I still MUCH rather read the botes talk than your incessant petulant whining about it.

cool, then go post about it in the boats thread then.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Atal Vataman posted:

also, the other problem is that you keep talking about it
that should stop tomorrow, right? once they can make their own thread? it shall be a glorious day

Nordick posted:

incessant petulant whining about it.
That seems a bit hyperbolic.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 11, 2015

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Atal Vataman posted:

Nah, I don't really have anything to say about botes.

I have a hint for you though: If you want to talk about tanks, actually talking about tanks would be more helpful than talking about other people not talking about tanks.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Nordick posted:

Nah, I don't really have anything to say about botes.

I have a hint for you though: If you want to talk about tanks, actually talking about tanks would be more helpful than talking about other people not talking about tanks.
You're taking this conversation in an even worse direction. This is worse than boat chat. Please stop.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
so apparently the wte100 replacement is the gw panther. it looks like the exact same tank. from a size and gun perspective it just looks like a rheinmetall/wtpz4 with a bigger profile and shittier camo values...

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Uranium 235 posted:

You're taking this conversation in an even worse direction. This is worse than boat chat. Please stop.

new tanks topic: getting pubbies to show off the undergarments of their loved ones

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Dalael posted:

I am not kidding when I say there is just too many god drat torpedoes in the water at any given time.

This sums it up. My catch phrase for botes is "Dodging torps all day, errday."

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I just had my first encounter with an AMX CDC. It comprised of me ramming it to death. With the LTTB. Larf.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
When I played the last weekend test, I noticed torpedoes would detonate even if they impacted at a 2 degree angle from the target. Is that still the same?

They were very OP (and fun to spam at people).

Oh, thanks for the advice to free xp away the stock grind. Skipping over the bullshit Tier V guns on a Tier VII tank is worth it.

Moral_Hazard fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 11, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
botes thread is up.. let's go poo poo that thread up and leave the tanks to suffer their own special way.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705704

I'll add your contributions to the OP.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Jack_tripper posted:

new tanks topic: getting pubbies to show off the undergarments of their loved ones
I am bitterly disappointed that Mongooser's fat sausage fingers could not type "johngaltcobracommander" without mashing neighboring keys at random intervals. His corpulence robbed us of a grand opportunity.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nordick posted:

I just had my first encounter with an AMX CDC. It comprised of me ramming it to death. With the LTTB. Larf.

The tank is a vanilla wafer with an E100 engine. I think if a CDC rams a 13 90 at full speed, they would take equal damage.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Well on the one hand the CDC is three times as heavy but on the other hand the 13 90 does have thicker armor...

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

WoT.txt

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

So I got the HT-15 mission, with honors at that! And I got the first mark of excellence for the tank, a T110E5 in that same battle.

The problem was I was still on HT-14. :suicide:

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Prav posted:

Well on the one hand the CDC is three times as heavy but on the other hand the 13 90 does have thicker armor...

The answer is they both explode.

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.
Burp.

The Southern Dandy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Mar 11, 2015

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

Atal Vataman posted:

Can't we start one please. I'm not in the alpha/beta and really sick of hearing about something I have no access to.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

The Southern Dandy posted:

Can't we start one please. I'm not in the alpha/beta and really sick of hearing about something I have no access to.
There is one now.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Rorac posted:

So I got the HT-15 mission, with honors at that! And I got the first mark of excellence for the tank, a T110E5 in that same battle.

The problem was I was still on HT-14. :suicide:

I am still trying to get through the 'bounce 2x your HP and do 1500 damage' one. Every battle I do one but not the other. Been trying mostly in my KV-220 and Excelsior. It is hard to get the right mix of teammates who will keep me from getting swarmed by 6 tanks while still leaving enough HP for me to collect my damage.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I got to say I am pretty excited about Armored Warfare, the amount of armchair tank commander generals on their forums is making my mouth water.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BadLlama posted:

I got to say I am pretty excited about Armored Warfare, the amount of armchair tank commander generals on their forums is making my mouth water.

Agreed, since we are done with botes chat here lets discuss Armored Warfare. Let me hide first before Dandy has an aneurysm and makes a mess of things..

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

demonR6 posted:

Agreed, since we are done with botes chat here lets discuss Armored Warfare. Let me hide first before Dandy has an aneurysm and makes a mess of things..

What if the M53 is the tier one artillery for the US side?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

demonR6 posted:

Ziddy promised me a code and I still don't have one :mad:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ensign Expendable posted:

Ziddy promised me a code and I still don't have one :mad:

There are no CBT codes for Armored Warfare, fyi. The way they are doing CBT/Alpha invites is by giving access to registered accounts. Its a badge thing on your profile that appears.

The forums are so full of losers bitching for their dream tonk game by endless posts of what the developers should be doing. It's hilarious.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

WayAbvPar posted:

I am still trying to get through the 'bounce 2x your HP and do 1500 damage' one. Every battle I do one but not the other. Been trying mostly in my KV-220 and Excelsior. It is hard to get the right mix of teammates who will keep me from getting swarmed by 6 tanks while still leaving enough HP for me to collect my damage.

Doing 1.5k damage in tier5 can be relatively hard since you run out of enemies before you get your damage in.
I think I did mine in tier8 with a KV-5. Probably the best mix of HP and damage there, especially in pref8s.

Thanks for carrying me to LT-13 yesterday BTW.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

WayAbvPar posted:

If you have a 112 that mission is insanely easy through the first 2 or 3 tiers.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf9YHEMBvEo

New RNG video! (that ammo rack at 2:23, holy poo poo)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

DonkeyHotay posted:

If you have a 112 that mission is insanely easy through the first 2 or 3 tiers.

I feel like tier 6 or 7 might be the sweet spot, but I only have a Tiger P in those tiers atm (in which i am completely awful- is it just me or is that gun anemic as hell?). Tier 8s I have 50 100 (never going to bounce anything), 110, WZ-111, IS-3. T34, and T32 (from memory..I think that is it). Obviously the higher tier I go the more I have to bounce, but it makes the damage requirement trivial.

tl dr if you see me in a heavy on the other team, please bounce lots of shots off of me TIA.