Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

8-bit Miniboss posted:

That's Io from Devil Survivor 2. Yuzu is in Devil Survivor 1. But same equation applies however.

Oh right, they're not even that similar.

Regarding the bug in Overclocked, is a patch possible? I was thinking about getting this game somewhere down the line, but I don't like the idea of a possibility that every random has a chance of making me restart through no fault of my own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Owners of a cart can download a patch, the eshop version is already up to date and does not have the bugs anymore.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Healbot posted:

Owners of a cart can download a patch, the eshop version is already up to date and does not have the bugs anymore.

That's great, thanks! I've only ever made it to the Yuzu ending in the regular version, so I didn't explore much of the game.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I did a study of this thing that once took away like an hour of my progress and here's how you counter it (at least in the NA version; not sure if it applies to the European or Japanese ones): Whenever you're about to collect the data card, turn off the Wireless on your 3DS. Once you've made sure the yellow light is turned off, grab the data card. Once the dialog box comes up and tells you what you got, you can turn the Wireless back on. That's it.

Still doesn't excuse the fact that it's a lovely bug that can cost you a lot of progress if you don't save that often.

A lot of other early 3DS games had the same issue regarding crashing due to Wireless being on. I specifically remember Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars having the same issue. I guess there's some kind of conflict or memory usage issue causing the crashes :shrug:

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
The hate for Devil Survivor art is unacceptable and upsetting when Durarara exists, I am upset.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
i'd woohoo yuzu's yoohoos

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The Machine posted:

The hate for Devil Survivor art is unacceptable and upsetting when Durarara exists, I am upset.

It's perfectly acceptable. Have you seen that Amane girl? How the gently caress does she even walk.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
anime titties have special exemption from the laws of physics. if you just accept that it stops being annoying

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Fire Soejima, get the DeSu guy to do Persona.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Fire Soejima, get the DeSu guy to do Persona.

I feel like Yasuda does have a better track record with necks...

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Wark Say posted:

I did a study of this thing that once took away like an hour of my progress and here's how you counter it (at least in the NA version; not sure if it applies to the European or Japanese ones): Whenever you're about to collect the data card, turn off the Wireless on your 3DS. Once you've made sure the yellow light is turned off, grab the data card. Once the dialog box comes up and tells you what you got, you can turn the Wireless back on. That's it.

Oh wow, I didn't know about this and it happened to me with the Euro version (shame the patch didn't fix it).

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

The wireless thing fixing the bug works for some people. I don't play with my Wireless on anyway, as it eats though my battery, so the bug can and will happen without it. I've seen speculation elsewhere that it happens if you have a demon with two unlearned skills on your team, when the card would try to teach it one of them. So who knows.

Also the mentioned patch does not exist for the US version. Only European, which was buggy as hell originally.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Volt Catfish posted:

It's perfectly acceptable. Have you seen that Amane girl? How the gently caress does she even walk.

why do you think she only has 3 move?

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
The only thing about Soejima that really kills me is everyone has really flat faces with fish eyes but I think it works in the Catherine/P5 3dcg style

I wish Kaneko still did the art for SMT though because SMT4 was ugly as goddamn sin

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my rear end explosively erupts in rage and i smear poo poo all over my own chest and bleed from the sheer force from which i pushed the corn nuggies through my pale white flesh, and as i willingly induce septicemia to my gay body i choke out my own life's blood and smear, with my last few shaky motions left upon this sinful earth, upon an unexpecting desk which rots from the sheer force of my hatred, "why the gently caress is macca beam still a thing in smt4 jesus christ"

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
You should try completing the compendium

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hace posted:

Too bad we'll never see him again

What's the deal with this? Is Kaneko done with SMT and wants to do other stuff?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

laplace posted:

The only thing about Soejima that really kills me is everyone has really flat faces with fish eyes but I think it works in the Catherine/P5 3dcg style

I wish Kaneko still did the art for SMT though because SMT4 was ugly as goddamn sin

I hope you're talking about the demons and not Walter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The new boss designs were by guest artists anyway. They were also uniformly terrible.

Captain Walker posted:

You should try completing the compendium

Why do you hate this person so much?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Minotaur looks rad as gently caress, man.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

laplace posted:

I think SMT 4 was done on a really small budget hence all the sprite mobs and a lot of uneven quality even there. I can only dream for SMT5 on a PS4. Maybe Atlus could re-use the P5 engine and use that for bunch of different games on the platform ala PS2 era (and port to PC while we are at it).

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

MrAristocrates posted:

Minotaur looks rad as gently caress, man.

I think the angels looked pretty great too, although it doesn't really mesh with the fact they actually wrote the angels to be very robotic for once this time.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Minotaur and all the other SMT4 boss redesigns look like over designed crap. They also don't fit in with the rest of the game at all, but even in a void they are just bad.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Honestly, I like the design for Dullahan.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
The only design I really like in SMT4 is Chemtrail. Dullahan is alright though.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Whaaat. Chemtrail is like really bad 3d.

Koga Sabura and the other Defense guy that looks like a power ranger are pretty great.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well at least we have P5 to make some of those designs less poo poo and more 3d.

Also koga ate poo poo, and I'm sad he didn't give me some alignment nonsense during his fight.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 11, 2015

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Get the Jojo guy to do the Persona 6 designs. Then the circle will be complete.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I like the Devil Survivor art man. I'm pro-boob

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I'm pro boob but those character designs look loving weird for some reason

what's the general verdict on SMT IV compared to the rest of the series? it's on the e-shop for $26 at the moment and I was thinking about picking it up

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

SynthOrange posted:

Whaaat. Chemtrail is like really bad 3d.

Koga Sabura and the other Defense guy that looks like a power ranger are pretty great.

I love the tokusatsu samurai demons, they're great. I think they were designed by someone that worked on Kamen Rider, which would explain it.

And yeah, Chemtrail does look like a lovely late-90s-early-00s 3D modeling project from someone who doesn't actually know what they're doing, but that's exactly what Chemtrail should look like.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like it a lot.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I just finished SMT4. Its great. As always law and chaos are dicks. Humanity best ending. Also best 'bad' ending. Death for everything

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cat doter posted:

what's the general verdict on SMT IV compared to the rest of the series? it's on the e-shop for $26 at the moment and I was thinking about picking it up

it's really good with some really questionable design decisions

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

cat doter posted:

When people say SMT IV is bad they are almost always comparing it to Nocturne. The game itself is really good and is a personal favourite of mine.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

SMT4 is worth $26.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I wasnt sure about the change over to the 3d world and the new combat system but it really grew on me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SMT4 is a good, solid game. It's nothing special but it's still arguably the best JRPG on the platform right now.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

Manatee Cannon posted:

SMT4 is a good, solid game. It's nothing special but it's still arguably the best JRPG on the platform right now.

I'm torn between SMT IV and Persona Q, since I'm so gay for persona 3 and 4, but I've heard the writing is really caricature-y

I'm fuckin poor as poo poo at the moment so it'll probably have to be SMT IV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

cat doter posted:

I'm torn between SMT IV and Persona Q, since I'm so gay for persona 3 and 4, but I've heard the writing is really caricature-y

I'm fuckin poor as poo poo at the moment so it'll probably have to be SMT IV

SMT4 is by far the better game. Persona Q's writing is only passable and the game design is terrible.