Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

I loving love WASP, it owns.

I prefer it to that stupid key stat's thing they've been doing in the world cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

puchu
Sep 20, 2004

hiya~
WASP is actually good imo

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
I found the data

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

webmeister posted:

Apologies for the meme but this is pretty funny

World cricket needs a strong England team to end this sort of shocking banter.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
The world was a dark and terrible place when England were Not poo poo At Cricket.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

I always thought WASP was Wild rear end Scientific Prediction :shrug:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Is it still White Anglo Saxon Protestant in this context (whatever the context here is)?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
it can't be any worse than 'salmon length'

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
dirty rotten

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Smorgasbord posted:

The world was a dark and terrible place when England were Not poo poo At Cricket.

Even the English were confused.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

gay picnic defence posted:

Is it still White Anglo Saxon Protestant in this context (whatever the context here is)?

wikipedia posted:

WASP (Winning And Score Predictor) is a calculation tool used in cricket to predict scores and possible results of a limited overs and Twenty 20 matches. The prediction factors like the ease of scoring on the day according to the pitch, weather and boundary size.

-Spiffy- posted:

Even the English were confused.

I know how they felt, I'm still confused and somewhat conflicted about New Zealand being good.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
You know there is something seriously wrong with english cricket when the BBC suggests bringing in an Australian as head coach.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

Reminder than a man that just hit four WC centuries in a row is retiring in one (maybe two) more games.

My hope is that he'll start commentating and for some reason move to Australia to do it. That is all I ask for Santa.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Byolante posted:

You know there is something seriously wrong with english cricket when the BBC suggests bringing in an Australian as head coach.

Why is that surprising, selection policy in English cricket isn't exactly restricted to just Englishmen is it

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

gay picnic defence posted:

White as in wearing whites: test cricket best cricket

I love Sri Lanka - they seem such genuinely nice guys. Hope they hold it together with the retirements. Malinga seems too fat and frail to be much use these days too, but dat action

can someone chime in with some quarter final predictions

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Smorgasbord posted:

I'm still confident that the English lads can bring home the trophy for Prince Harry, England and baby Prince George

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Sri Lanka are just as cuntworthy as everyone else, the patronising attitude towards them everyone always has is the worst

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Lionel Richie posted:

Sri Lanka are just as cuntworthy as everyone else, the patronising attitude towards them everyone always has is the worst

drat, really? Maybe I'm just out of the loop. What is some of the cunty stuff their cricket side has done lately?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

When Senanayake got done for chucking they genuinely thought that it was an English conspiracy

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Jayawardene is also a oval office.

Vavy
Feb 23, 2007

Lionel Richie posted:

Word. I like Sanga overall but they are collectively kuntz most times.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I love this thread. I love the Cricket World Cup.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Lionel Richie posted:

When Senanayake got done for chucking they genuinely thought that it was an English conspiracy

To be fair it's entirely reasonable that the recent crackdown on chucking was a conspiracy.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Brett824 posted:

To be fair it's entirely reasonable that the recent crackdown on chucking was a conspiracy.

and/or racist. I wouldn't put much past them tbh

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Vavy posted:

Word. I like Sanga overall but they are collectively kuntz most times.

Oppresses minority Hindu population in Sri Lanka with impunity because the West loves Buddhists.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
I wonder how the Windies would be looking in this WC if Narine hadn't pulled out b/c of concerns over his action. He took 6 wickets for 9 runs in a match in their domestic 50 over comp pretty recently.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

They would be still really bad imo.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Brett824 posted:

Chuckers proved to be chuckers, IT'S A CONSPIRACY :byodood:

Vavy
Feb 23, 2007

RideTheSpiral posted:

Oppresses minority Hindu population in Sri Lanka with impunity because the West loves Buddhists.

Treatment of Muslim minority is similarly atrocious, but largely unnoticed because of 'peaceful monk' stereotype. But my hate for the team mostly stems from when I thought I'd support them against India and encountered the worst rudeboiz at the pub. Takes a lot to start supporting India instead. I didn't. But, yeah, I was close.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Cricket is better with chuckers.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Just reading up on this and

quote:

Off-spinners under ICC scrutiny

Marlon Samuels West Indies Reported in November 2013; cleared in December 2013 (but banned from bowling quicker deliveries)

Shane Shillingford West Indies Reported in November 2013; suspended in December 2013; cleared to return in March 2014 (but banned from bowling doosra)

Sachithra Senanayake Sri Lanka Reported in June 2014; suspended in July; cleared to return in December

Kane Williamson New Zealand Reported in June 2014; suspended in July; cleared to return in December

Saeed Ajmal Pakistan Reported in August 2014; suspended in September

Prosper Utseya Zimbabwe Reported in August 2014; suspended in October

Sohag Gazi Bangladesh Reported in August 2014; suspended in October

Malcolm Waller Zimbabwe Reported in November 2014

Mohammad Hafeez Pakistan Reported in November 2014; suspended in December

I notice there are no Englishmen in that list. hmmm :tinfoil:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

Just reading up on this and

I notice there are no Englishmen in that list. hmmm :tinfoil:

lol if you think we put spinners in our team

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Definitely a conspiracy started by teams without spinners who can't play spin.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

Definitely a conspiracy started by teams without spinners who can't play spin.

this could be nz and aus too fyi

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

correct. Probably not NZ though because who would listen to them?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Remember when everyone was talking up Moeen Ali's ability to bowl the doosra, and he did it literally once?

Pakistani fans were funny after Ajmal happened because they thought the ICC should have banned Ashwin instead, who's action is a hell of a lot better that Ajmals

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Sanga owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlFF98dM8sA

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
lmao top drawer sledging

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The best sledging, didn't have to swear, didn't have to insult, didn't have to be nasty, just big up the player and let the player do the rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Looking for the fattest player at the 2015 tournament - vote now

nevar forget