Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

West SAAB Story posted:

I think so. Still not offering private lapdances tho..

well, you say that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Mooseykins posted:

Pressure washer or industrial stone washer? The big engine-driven ones should strip that down pretty quick.

I got the biggest one Home Depot had, it had a big rear end Subaru motor on it. Worked ok on the inside of the wall, but not nearly as well as I expected it to.

The paint stripping method is actually working out pretty good for the outside part, using a 5 inch razor scraper it's coming off in big sheets, it's a hell of a lot less messy and I wish I would have done it for the inside wall as well.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 213 days!)

fjelltorsk posted:

well, you say that...

Nordicks get a free pass. Just no tip tests.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

West SAAB Story posted:

I didn't know I had that choice.

well now that I know

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

West SAAB Story posted:

So public lapdances are still on the table then?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Are dollar dances in or out?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All I want after 12 hours at work is to sit down, eat pizza rolls and watch some Justified. Instead I get the ins and outs of property management crammed down my throat the second I walk through the door.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

So a local band covered Taylor Swift's Blank Space aka that really good TS song that gets stuck in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czb_CZfWko8&app=desktop

:stare: it's beautiful
This is surprisingly decent. Less screamo, more 2:58-style breakdowns, but I like it nonetheless.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Rhyno posted:

All I want after 12 hours at work is to sit down, eat pizza rolls and watch some Justified. Instead I get the ins and outs of property management crammed down my throat the second I walk through the door.

She's just excited about the New Thing, I bet. But yeah, I get you. There's just no tactful way to say "Please shut up, I don't want to hear about it right now", is there? No matter how gently I try to get the point across that I'm not really interested in something my wife is talking endlessly about, I still manage to piss her off.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
I nod and smile. Sometimes it sucks but god drat, she let's me have what ever ridiculous vehicle I want, is a good cook and is good in the sack.

Yes I am marrying this woman. I have no idea why she likes me but I keep it up.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
So I'm gonna take a moment out here to bitch about my welding instructor. So far:
  • Told me it's best to notch tubing with an endmill the size of ID of the tube for a tube-tube joint
  • Instructed me to weld over strain-relief holes I made in plates with the CNC plasma, because they will create cracks
  • Didn't believe me when I said arcs are better than triangles as gussets
  • Instructed me to use the drill press freehand because that's how real work is done in a shop
  • Witnessed her make a MIG weld w/o her hood
  • Witnessed her watch the CNC plasma cut w/o her hood
  • Makes a point of changing every dimension on a project after I do solidworks drawings and get her to review them

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Giblet Plus! posted:

So I'm gonna take a moment out here to bitch about my welding instructor. So far:
  • Told me it's best to notch tubing with an endmill the size of ID of the tube for a tube-tube joint
  • Instructed me to weld over strain-relief holes I made in plates with the CNC plasma, because they will create cracks
  • Instructed me to use the drill press freehand because that's how real work is done in a shop
  • Makes a point of changing every dimension on a project after I do solidworks drawings and get her to review them

gently caress that one in particular. Like, you can't make someone wear their PPE, but free-handing on the drill press is a really good way to end up no-handing on the drill-press.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

She's just excited about the New Thing, I bet. But yeah, I get you. There's just no tactful way to say "Please shut up, I don't want to hear about it right now", is there? No matter how gently I try to get the point across that I'm not really interested in something my wife is talking endlessly about, I still manage to piss her off.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I nod and smile. Sometimes it sucks but god drat, she let's me have what ever ridiculous vehicle I want, is a good cook and is good in the sack.

Yes I am marrying this woman. I have no idea why she likes me but I keep it up.

Mostly she wanted to bitch about someone in the company and I really wasn't in the mood for it tonight.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Wahoo! Unexpected week off! New boss decided I should chill out for a bit and wind down from the last place. This means car projects. All of them. I'm going to try and marathon at least ~5 projects in 5 days. Time to start ordering parts.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Fifty Three posted:

This is surprisingly decent. Less screamo, more 2:58-style breakdowns, but I like it nonetheless.

Don't care for the song itself, but I'm digging the style. Gonna have to look into these guys a bit.

(the Screamo station is the one I listen to most on Slacker :blush:)

fake edit: huh, they're going to be in Dallas next month.
fake edit 2: I'm digging their other stuff. Tickets to their show are only $25, pretty reasonable for House of Blues.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I know the screamer dude from around, but they're all chill guys and don't pretend to take themselves seriously like The Black Dahlia Murder's dudes do now, though they all used to be fun to hang out with.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

LloydDobler posted:

This makes me want to make keys, go in and just rearrange the stuff in your fridge.

I'd hope you'd hang around for a beer afterwards because that's seriously dedicated- finding out my address, flying from the U.S. to aust, travelling to my place and breaking in just to rearrange my fridge!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Rhyno posted:

I don't even have a wife/girlfriend and I get to put up with this poo poo from my brother's wife. Get home and she just starts rambling until I either go outside to work on something or turn up the volume too loud for her to talk over.

Spent all day yesterday working on fixing something, off to try again. Procedure for the day is remove everything but base motherboard, see if it boots. If it boots start putting things back in one at a time. Each boot takes ~5 minutes and it takes at least 5 minutes to remove and put it back in the system. Yay computers...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Giblet Plus! posted:

In what context is this? College, work, what?

Either take it up the chain, or give them a good lecture, depends on your own seniority.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Giblet Plus! posted:

...in a shop that's very quick to close down because none of the staff have any fingers and the insurance company stops covering them, maybe.

There are a lot of safety precautions in this world that seem over the top but when you're working with powertools and in particular large bits of kit like a drill press with more torque than a lot of small cars, safety is the first thing you should pay attention to.

It's not 'cool' to be missing fingers/limbs because you're too lazy to spend 30 seconds securing a workpiece.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I probably shouldn't judge on musical tastes, I'm on a power metal binge at the moment :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqgRAXygDg

Church organ and a Romanian former opera singer? Cheese overload.

Also, their songs have titles like "Resurrection by erection" and "Sanctified with dynamite" :black101:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Mar 11, 2015

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

The foreman on this job is really making me scratch my head...

We need about 60k more feet of CAT5E and he won't order any. We only have 16 boxes over 250' which is only enough to pull two rooms at once -- instead of the normal 4. After that I'll only be able to pull a few more rooms before I am all out of cable...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

I probably shouldn't judge on musical tastes, I'm on a power metal binge at the moment :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmqgRAXygDg

Church organ and a Romanian former opera singer? Cheese overload.

Also, their songs have titles like "Resurrection by erection" and "Sanctified with dynamite" :black101:

I love this kinda of metal if only for the fans that take it WAY TOO SERIOUSLY not understanding that it's all a massive joke and therefore it's perfectly fine if other people take the piss because the bands do not give a gently caress.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

88h88 posted:

I love this kinda of metal if only for the fans that take it WAY TOO SERIOUSLY not understanding that it's all a massive joke and therefore it's perfectly fine if other people take the piss because the bands do not give a gently caress.

Exactly. It's meant to be completely ridiculous and over the top. There are plenty of bands who take the image of vikings, knights, dragons and what have you. Powerwolf takes the image of evil inquisitors, because evil+time=badass, with a whole heaping of Romanian werewolf/vampire myth thrown in. And yet some people* insist on taking the genre 100% seriously, which is endlessly amusing.

I mean for goodness' sake, one of their songs is called "coleus sanctus" (holy testicle) and at least one of their album covers is basically a three wolf moon shirt with catholic vestments:

* Including bands like Therion, who apparently haven't been let in on the joke yet.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Saab's are loving rare in this part of the world. By the time I can get home to look at one, its either sold if its a good example or a poo poo heap

Join us, you too can play with your DIC. If you get a 3.0 v6, you'll even have double DIC power!

West SAAB Story posted:

Its so reeeeeal, how I feeeeeeel.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

KozmoNaut posted:

Exactly. It's meant to be completely ridiculous and over the top. There are plenty of bands who take the image of vikings, knights, dragons and what have you. Powerwolf takes the image of evil inquisitors, because evil+time=badass, with a whole heaping of Romanian werewolf/vampire myth thrown in. And yet some people* insist on taking the genre 100% seriously, which is endlessly amusing.

I mean for goodness' sake, one of their songs is called "coleus sanctus" (holy testicle) and at least one of their album covers is basically a three wolf moon shirt with catholic vestments:

* Including bands like Therion, who apparently haven't been let in on the joke yet.

Going to have to listen to these guys when I get home. Love silly types of metal.

The current band playing on repeat for me is Jaldaboath who describe themselves as "the best in heraldic Templar metal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRod86Ee9A

Going to Hammerfest this weekend. Last year they had Gloryhammer who were fantastic.
This year they've got Orange Goblin and RedRum

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The foreman on this job is really making me scratch my head...

We need about 60k more feet of CAT5E and he won't order any. We only have 16 boxes over 250' which is only enough to pull two rooms at once -- instead of the normal 4. After that I'll only be able to pull a few more rooms before I am all out of cable...

Why are you even installing 5E these days? 6 isn't that much more of a pain to punch down. Is it prohibitively hard to run in the quantities you're dealing with?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

freelop posted:

Going to have to listen to these guys when I get home. Love silly types of metal.

The current band playing on repeat for me is Jaldaboath who describe themselves as "the best in heraldic Templar metal"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIRod86Ee9A

Going to Hammerfest this weekend. Last year they had Gloryhammer who were fantastic.
This year they've got Orange Goblin and RedRum

Loving the video, but I think they could stand to work a bit on musical side of things ;)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Raluek posted:

Why are you even installing 5E these days? 6 isn't that much more of a pain to punch down. Is it prohibitively hard to run in the quantities you're dealing with?

Penny pinching.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

CommieGIR posted:

Penny pinching.

Just seems like the labor is the expensive part, so it's not worth doing twice when you decide you want to run faster speeds in 5-10 years.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It's up to being in the 50's again during the day, it's so glorious. Can't wait till it's staying consistently above 40 so I can put my good wheels back on

They have even started to fill in the billion potholes in the roads now too!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Welp, woke up to my antivirus deciding that... the antivirus itself was a virus, and it had quarantined all of the infected files.... and also had a bunch of DLL errors relating to the antivirus. Can't even open a web browser,so I rebooted, and the PC is just stuck on the "Please wait" screen you get after Win8 has installed updates.

And of course, while I'm typing this on my laptop, I start getting the same errors immediately after it downloaded an update, and Add/Remote Programs says it's already been uninstalled. :shepicide:

fake edit: crap, now I can't download anything either, the files get deleted immediately when they finish. :wtf: Every PC in the house running Panda Antivirus has poo poo itself.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

some texas redneck posted:

Every PC in the house running Panda Antivirus has poo poo itself.
lol
Bolded the problem.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No kidding. Why would you not just run MSE?

Renzyal
Aug 4, 2013
Depending on what he does it is probably what was specced for the job
E:Well that teaches me to phone post

Renzyal fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Mar 11, 2015

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

some texas redneck posted:

Welp, woke up to my antivirus deciding that... the antivirus itself was a virus, and it had quarantined all of the infected files.... and also had a bunch of DLL errors relating to the antivirus. Can't even open a web browser,so I rebooted, and the PC is just stuck on the "Please wait" screen you get after Win8 has installed updates.

And of course, while I'm typing this on my laptop, I start getting the same errors immediately after it downloaded an update, and Add/Remote Programs says it's already been uninstalled. :shepicide:

fake edit: crap, now I can't download anything either, the files get deleted immediately when they finish. :wtf: Every PC in the house running Panda Antivirus has poo poo itself.

Panda has done that before. At least once that I know of (early-mid 2000's). Did an update, saw itself as a virus, removed itself, and nuked the system from booting in the process. A repair install should get you back up and booting, or find a DarT disc for your flavour of windows and do a sfc /scannow to replace system files that Panda wrecked. If you have any other systems running it, uninstall before it updates.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Tide posted:

No kidding. Why would you not just run MSE?

MSE is apparently kind of crappy now and I tend to see Bitdefender as the main recommendation.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

baram. posted:

MSE is apparently kind of crappy now and I tend to see Bitdefender as the main recommendation.

Did not know that. Thanks AI!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

baram. posted:

Bitdefender and Avast are the 2 that I mainly use now. There are some programs that some of my side customers use that are completely legitimate that Bitdefender removes every single time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

My big issue with Avast is it tends to be on the intrusive side with popups and audible alerts (yes, I do love waking up at 4am to my computer yelling AVAST HAS BEEN UPDATED). Still, looks like I'm going back to it.

• Locked thread