Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Welp Cities Skylines is out. See you all in a few weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Psychodin
Jun 16, 2007
Lord of the fools

:dukedog:
College Slice
So, after getting drive by invited by a pubbie clsn I had no idea would block me from invites, I once again request a PC clan invite. VawndewenVersakas ingame name. I really need help clearing phobos beyond pubbies.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Maybe you need to declare martian law.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Just update your app in the link in the OP, that is literally the only way to get a PC clan invite.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
E Gate is one of the most abusive things I've ever participated in. Apparently you can do it on most excavations if you find a spot about 10m above the ground. In 20 minutes I received 15 r5 cores, 100k credits, 30k polymer bundles (huge imo), a bunch of circuits but I had 500k already so kinda doesn't matter, and an obscene amount of other mods.

People are apparently afk macroing it. Because you don't have to move or target anything. You literally mash desecrate non-stop on 2 nekros and a greedy pull mag. Banshee ults and goes afk for 30 minutes because blue orbs work while channeling and the mag is pulling them on you.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
So do you just not worry about finding/powering new excavators? Just let the mobs roll in?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

hooah posted:

So do you just not worry about finding/powering new excavators? Just let the mobs roll in?

Sounds like it, and the best part is, if you don't excavate the mobs don't level up I think.

Burreeto Burreyeto
Aug 28, 2009

I'm a gay zebra.

hooah posted:

You do one excavator, before or after you start your afk session so you can extract. You can sit in the container here or in the opening just in front of it. And if you do this as anything other than Banshee I hope you have a macro set up.

Burreeto Burreyeto fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 11, 2015

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Khorne posted:

E Gate is one of the most abusive things I've ever participated in. Apparently you can do it on most excavations if you find a spot about 10m above the ground. In 20 minutes I received 15 r5 cores, 100k credits, 30k polymer bundles (huge imo), a bunch of circuits but I had 500k already so kinda doesn't matter, and an obscene amount of other mods.

People are apparently afk macroing it. Because you don't have to move or target anything. You literally mash desecrate non-stop on 2 nekros and a greedy pull mag. Banshee ults and goes afk for 30 minutes because blue orbs work while channeling and the mag is pulling them on you.

I was reading about this and I could go for the poly and the credits. Also I hear it's decent xp for leveling stuff. The rumor is that nulls start spawning at 1 hour so you have to extract before then, but honestly I can't imagine sitting in one place mashing 3 or having a macro do it

I'll get on this bandwagon tonight if it doesn't get patched out. I have a Nekros ready to go!

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Lord Wexia posted:

I was reading about this and I could go for the poly and the credits. Also I hear it's decent xp for leveling stuff. The rumor is that nulls start spawning at 1 hour so you have to extract before then, but honestly I can't imagine sitting in one place mashing 3 or having a macro do it

I'll get on this bandwagon tonight if it doesn't get patched out. I have a Nekros ready to go!

They might be actively banning this behavior, http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/2youg2/account_banning_and_clarifications/

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
So, assuming that the reason they're breaking the hiatus for a hotfix today is to put an end to this, how easy will that be? Just a matter of making Banshee's ult stop energy gain while active like Mesa and Nyx already do?

(And since this kind of balance hotfix usually finds its way into console early, will a fix like that render that tactical alert escalation literally unwinnable if we get the one before the other?)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"How dare players grind in this game that requires grinding to do anything in"

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Malachite_Dragon posted:

"How dare players grind in this game that requires grinding to do anything in"

Well, at the point where everyone is literally AFK macroing, I don't think that argument really works. The one I linked (if the guy is honest and wasn't macroing) seems like them messing up, but I just wanted to warn people given the above posts.

No one should really be surprised if they actually get banned for that behavior as it's pretty uniformly against the rules in every MMO-like game out there.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
They specifically okayed macros so that not it either. Its just DE being DE.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Thranguy posted:

So, assuming that the reason they're breaking the hiatus for a hotfix today is to put an end to this, how easy will that be? Just a matter of making Banshee's ult stop energy gain while active like Mesa and Nyx already do?

(And since this kind of balance hotfix usually finds its way into console early, will a fix like that render that tactical alert escalation literally unwinnable if we get the one before the other?)

I did it with two excals, a trin and a loki p just fine.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

BarkingSquirrel posted:

They specifically okayed macros so that not it either. Its just DE being DE.

They've okayed macroing things for things like clicking quickly repeatedly, etc. (I'm sure people's tendonitis willt hank them for that)

Can you find the thing that says they've okayed automating your gameplay and walking away from the computer? Just based on seeing similar rulings in other games, I really, really doubt they did.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

DE didn't ban me when I exploited a glitch in closed beta to nab myself 30 of each type of potato. I doubt they'll ban for AFK macros.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If they want to ban for macros finally then all they have to do is make everything autofire and/or toggled.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Egate is pretty Slaaneshi, lots o bass and desecrating dead bodies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsGRsDe3iRw

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

Fayk posted:

They've okayed macroing things for things like clicking quickly repeatedly, etc. (I'm sure people's tendonitis willt hank them for that)

Can you find the thing that says they've okayed automating your gameplay and walking away from the computer? Just based on seeing similar rulings in other games, I really, really doubt they did.
A macro is a macro. What difference is there between those two different uses of the same automated button pushing? :allears:

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

BarkingSquirrel posted:

A macro is a macro. What difference is there between those two different uses of the same automated button pushing? :allears:

I feel like people think I'm arguing what should or should not be allowed.

I'm commenting on the distinction that has been drawn in countless MMOs over the years as far as what is allowed as far as mouse/keyboard macros and what isn't allowed. I linked that thread because the poster was banned (incorrectly or otherwise) for this style of farming that people were talking about, though claimed he wasn't macroing or anything either.

The rulings I've seen (again, these don't matter, DE's whims are the only thing that matters) typically seem to differentiate between two basic cases:
1) Allow you to do something a player can normally do, but more conveniently: allowed
2) Allow you to do something you wouldn't be able to do normally, or 'plays the game for you' (degenerate situations like this kind of farming, or the more obvious difference: botting) - not allowed.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/415936-hotfix-15162/
Hotfix 15.16.2

Changes
AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply.
Certain mission types will no longer endlessly spawn enemies if the mission goals themselves aren't being met.
Syndicate Interception Missions are now 2 rounds instead of 4.
The Rift Sigil will now fully lit up in Liset/Hub, as there is no energy
Tenno can now buy Forma directly from upgrade screen
Added various localization updates.
Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm 'Pilfering Swarm' Augment no longer applies to bosses.

Fixes
Fixes for a few gameplay crashes.
Fixed incorrect Market description of Neural Sensors and Neurodes.
Fixed issue in Archwing Missions that would cause players to crash mid-Mission.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Denzine posted:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/415936-hotfix-15162/
Hotfix 15.16.2

Changes
AFK players will no longer receive any increase to their Warframe’s energy supply.
Certain mission types will no longer endlessly spawn enemies if the mission goals themselves aren't being met.
Hydroid's Tentacle Swarm 'Pilfering Swarm' Augment no longer applies to bosses.

"Whatever we do, we must not let players farm resources easily, in this game about figuring out the best way to farm resources easily."

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Rip banshee, rip mesa.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 12, 2015

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
God forbid I find a painless way to acquire polymers and cores.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

How can they tell between AFK and a macro?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
I assume they use the afk system, so if you stand in place too long you go "afk" and things stop working.

So Banshee has to reposition every 2 minutes.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I repeat: how dare players grind in this game about grinding. That said, even at my highest duration I can't make my banshee last two minutes (I don't think? I didn't exactly time myself during that event I ran with Denzine in mine) so :shrug:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

YellerBill posted:

"Whatever we do, we must not let players farm resources easily, in this game about figuring out the best way to farm resources easily."

The Crooked Warden posted:

God forbid I find a painless way to acquire polymers and cores.

I don't think "we want you to actually play the game to get your drops" is a particularly unfair stance. :shrug:

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

It's a slower core farm than pmuch anything else out there, and a slower credit farm than yursa/seimeni, don't see why they had to nerf it.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Nalesh posted:

It's a slower core farm than pmuch anything else out there, and a slower credit farm than yursa/seimeni, don't see why they had to nerf it.

Because people are doing it while AFK. Why is this so hard to get through some of your thick heads.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I do yursa pmuch afk too, should that get nerfed too? I wouldn't be so mad if they loving used their heads before doing their "nerfs", the afk one just breaks the loving game at some parts.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Note they didn't nerf the mission, they nerfed the exploits.

Also careful with what you say, next you know they'll have AFKers automatically select Extract (without rewards) at the end of a round. :v:

And how does it break the game? Move a bit, pick up your energy. There's literally no situation where you need to stand still for so long the AFK timer kicks in.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

But then why did they make a mod and several abilities that are so obviously conductive to standing in one place?

Greedy Pull only makes sense to use if the team stands next to the Mag as they pull the loot to themselves. They surely couldn't have intended it be used to troll players by pulling a rare mod off the edge or something.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

I've seen many times where I haven't moved for two minutes on surv because it would move me out of cover and into bombard fire, remember, you can't just nudge to the side to clear the flag. and mesa holding t4 stuff at bay is gonna be annoying as gently caress now too.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Nalesh posted:

remember, you can't just nudge to the side to clear the flag.

What does clear it? I'm not too concerned with it (well except in Mesa's case, but even then two minutes is a while), but I'm somewhat curious as to what they consider movement.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

From my experience you have to move around twice the length of a pod, if not more.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
I've literally never stayed still long enough for the AFK timer to kick in and I play endgame as well, so I'd say you need to fix your habits.
Even if it's just running in a circle.

Like, they redid the accuracy stuff for the express purpose of letting you run like a spaz to avoid getting shot.
(Of course whether that works is debatable but the intention is there. For me at least it seems to work well enough but I dunno)

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh come on DE! You finally made Hydroid fun to use! Why are you being a dick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
I started playing after a long break and the upgrade system seriously changed. My loving Gorgon. What happened to my baby? :argh:

Are maxed ancient cores worth anything or should I use them to upgrade points holes like Serration?