Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

FredMSloniker posted:

Tell me the entire comic was, like, two pages long. :allears:

*Googles*

A four-issue miniseries!?

Listen, Sergio. You can either joke about how awful the sewer level is, or you can have the sewer level. You can't do both!

To be fair, half the series is Sergio getting hit on the head, thinking he's Conan, and running around the city with his rear end hanging out of a hospital gown.

The other half is the towns' people making assumptions of whether Conan can/has won.

I'm on issue 4 and so far, there's been about two pages of actual fighting. And no one won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Groo would win, obviously, he's got that dog looking out for his best interests ala the one from Inspector Gadget.

It's like you guys don't even think these things logically through, GOD!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Groo would win, obviously, he's got that dog looking out for his best interests ala the one from Inspector Gadget.

It's like you guys don't even think these things logically through, GOD!

Ah, but Conan worked that out before they even officially met, and convinced the dog to be on his side.
Like in that one story with the witch. Or the one with the pirate ship. Or the one with the aliens and the grey goo egg.

(Conan does this a lot.)

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Uthor posted:

To be fair, half the series is Sergio getting hit on the head, thinking he's Conan, and running around the city with his rear end hanging out of a hospital gown.

The other half is the towns' people making assumptions of whether Conan can/has won.

I'm on issue 4 and so far, there's been about two pages of actual fighting. And no one won.

Ah. I should have known better than to doubt one of the masters!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gaz-L posted:

Ah, but Conan worked that out before they even officially met, and convinced the dog to be on his side.
Like in that one story with the witch. Or the one with the pirate ship. Or the one with the aliens and the grey goo egg.

(Conan does this a lot.)

I don't think Conan even knows the word "mendicant". Or "mulch".

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Gaz-L posted:

(Conan does this a lot.)

So, Conan is Batman?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Today's Action Comics #40.

Context: Previously, Superman had been in a big crossover where Doomsday had inhabited his body. Superman ended the story deep in space and came back to Earth with a rockin' beard. The beard has defined Greg Pak and Aaron Kuder's Superman for about six months.
Now he inexplicably finds himself on Bizzaro World (for the first time NEW 52!) The place is fuckin' crazy. The Bizzaro Justice League is beating everyone up and trashing the place and the Bizzaro populous loves it.
Inexplicably, Doomsday turns up and Bizzaro gets into the same trouble Superman did.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 11, 2015

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Me am totally understand that scene

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Spider-Man and the X-Men #4

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Is Beast gambling on SCIENCE! a thing now? He did it in Spider-Woman last month, too.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's Beast? Did everyone just decide they were just going to draw him however and not worry about even being remotely close to on-model?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
The model sheet for beast just reads "Fur, blue, dude"

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Majuju posted:

Looks like once he was done with Bizzaro, Doomsday infected poor old Dr. McCoy.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Majuju posted:

So is Beast still inverted then? I don't think he's ever been much for name-calling and being dick-ish like in those panels.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Vincent posted:

So is Beast still inverted then? I don't think he's ever been much for name-calling and being dick-ish like in those panels.

Are you kidding? He used to be the wise-cracker alongside Bobby's kid clown back during the "original 5" days and would joke the gently caress around like crazy while he was on the Avengers in the 80s. Even in the opening of Whedon's run Emma acknowledges his history by reminding Scott that Beast is "terribly good with people." The whole "Erudite Professor" take is pretty much born of kids who grew up watching the 90s cartoon. There's no way he doesn't know good-natured trash talk.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Are you kidding? He used to be the wise-cracker alongside Bobby's kid clown back during the "original 5" days and would joke the gently caress around like crazy while he was on the Avengers in the 80s. Even in the opening of Whedon's run Emma acknowledges his history by reminding Scott that Beast is "terribly good with people." The whole "Erudite Professor" take is pretty much born of kids who grew up watching the 90s cartoon. There's no way he doesn't know good-natured trash talk.

He was wise talking on the kids show too.. but more like how Kelsey Grammer would talk wise. He'd like.. quote Shakespeare at you about how you done hosed up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Nova 27

Howard the Duck 1

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The Spider-Man and the X-Men series is a delight to read.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

bobkatt013 posted:

Howard the Duck 1

Uh whats the joke here?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

zoux posted:

Uh whats the joke here?

Just Spider-man breaking down crying over the "death" of a duck

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Howard theDuck is pretty funny.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

I don't know the context for the panel of Spider-man crying but it is the funniest thing I've seen today

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Majuju posted:

When the Christ did Beast become Science Dog?

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Bendis: I'm going to fix Beast so he's easier to draw on model.

Artists: gently caress that, it's half the fun of drawing him.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Howard the Duck #1

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

After meeting the new Inhumans and finding out their names and powers Spider-Man has a bit of friendly new superhero advice for them before heading into battle.

The Amazing Spider-Man Special #1

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Deadpool posted:

After meeting the new Inhumans and finding out their names and powers Spider-Man has a bit of friendly new superhero advice for them before heading into battle.

Considering their history I'm surprised "Never team up with the Punisher,

or Deadpool" didn't make the list.

Then again, I don't think I've ever read anything with both Moon Knight and Spider Man

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Then again, I don't think I've ever read anything with both Moon Knight and Spider Man

Funny enough, there was a multi issue ASM team up with both Punisher and Moon Knight in the early 90's. I think Ghost Rider may have been involved too, but it was the early 90's and he was in everything

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Moon Knight #6

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Moon Knight is just non-murderous enough most of the time that you might need advice. Punisher's a wanted mass murderer and Deadpool is also a wanted mass murderer, as well as a known supervillain and mercenary.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?

Dillbag posted:

Funny enough, there was a multi issue ASM team up with both Punisher and Moon Knight in the early 90's. I think Ghost Rider may have been involved too, but it was the early 90's and he was in everything

Dunno if this is the one you're thinking of but...

I remember seeing this on the shelf and immediately beginning to sing "One of these things..."

KayTee fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 12, 2015

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

I'd like to think that secretly Spidey enjoys his time with Deadpool.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

Dillbag posted:

There's a small 90's series that was Round Robin: Sidekick's Revenge that had Spidey, Moon Knight, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Nova and Darkhawk.

It also had Thunderball working with the Secret Empire and their minion, a cyborg rebuilt from Moon Knight's dead partner.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Deadpool posted:

I think he's still mad at DD for this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Anora posted:

The model sheet for beast just reads "Fur, blue, dude"

Well, two out of three aint bad. Although I thought he was Rockslide, at first, which made it better. Rockslide challenging anyone to a science-off would result in fun.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Lurdiak posted:

Moon Knight is just non-murderous enough most of the time that you might need advice. Punisher's a wanted mass murderer and Deadpool is also a wanted mass murderer, as well as a known supervillain and mercenary.

You would think, but people keep teaming up with them anyway. I can't even remember the last time someone tried to arrest Deadpool for crimes he wasn't in the act of committing. He seems to run on the same Homebase/safe system as Wolverine and Dr. McNinja.

Bucnasti posted:

I'd like to think that secretly Spidey enjoys his time with Deadpool.

I dunno, when he's around the 'ol Parker luck seems to dial up to 11.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Ant-man #3

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Grendels Dad posted:

Well, two out of three aint bad. Although I thought he was Rockslide, at first, which made it better. Rockslide challenging anyone to a science-off would result in fun.

Don't got the panels with me, but Rockslide is made co-captain of Spidey's science team and I think they won on the grounds that Beast's thing brought pregnant venom'd broods to school.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Buy this book, you stupid dummies! Spider-Man & The X-Men #4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

PicklePants posted:

There's a small 90's series that was Round Robin: Sidekick's Revenge that had Spidey, Moon Knight, Punisher, Night Thrasher, Nova and Darkhawk.

It also had Thunderball working with the Secret Empire and their minion, a cyborg rebuilt from Moon Knight's dead partner.

That's it, except this is the cover I was thinking about :

So 90's :krad: