Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I think the dialogue works within the world, it's at least pretty consistent. It's broad strokes characterization in a lot of ways (again, why would they have full out dudebro football jocks in a small, exclusive art school?) but I know that's more for the purpose of establishing this stereotypical high school hierarchy and it doesn't bother me too much. It does have a little bit of a Veronica Mars thing where some of the high schoolers seem way smarter and adult than others, yet still act and talk like high schoolers most of the time, but it's not nearly as bad as in most TV shows and movies where they have 20+ year olds playing the parts.

And apropos of nothing really, I was replaying the first episode and rewound so hard I apparently froze time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DpNzlG3ZXo

Unintended Worst Possible Ending to the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I think the dialogue works within the world, it's at least pretty consistent. It's broad strokes characterization in a lot of ways (again, why would they have full out dudebro football jocks in a small, exclusive art school?) but I know that's more for the purpose of establishing this stereotypical high school hierarchy and it doesn't bother me too much. It does have a little bit of a Veronica Mars thing where some of the high schoolers seem way smarter and adult than others, yet still act and talk like high schoolers most of the time, but it's not nearly as bad as in most TV shows and movies where they have 20+ year olds playing the parts.

And apropos of nothing really, I was replaying the first episode and rewound so hard I apparently froze time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DpNzlG3ZXo

Watch out, the langoliers are coming! :ohdear:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
And that's when Max found out the true power of her Stand.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
300 meg update file today, new episode coming soon? PS4.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
They said ~6 weeks per episode, yeah? We should be due for one either this week or next, I think.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hey fam I played this and thought it was good. white stag appearance in any game gets big bonus points from me. like that there are more decision flags at the end of the ep than you see in the telltale games. the rewinding as far as a puzzle mechanic is ehhh but I do like how the narrative comports with the game mechanic in that sense. characters are cool imo and single-crime stories are the best stories. go team

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Artix posted:

They said ~6 weeks per episode, yeah? We should be due for one either this week or next, I think.

According to what they were telling people at PAX the 2nd episode is actually finished. Square Enix has yet to announce a release date so it's actually a little concerning.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

The rumor for awhile was that it was coming out on Friday but I'm guessing that's not true. At this point, I'm assuming 3/27.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
160mb update on Steam right now. I'm not terribly familiar with how episodic games work on Steam, I was thinking it would just be a separate executable.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

quadrophrenic posted:

160mb update on Steam right now. I'm not terribly familiar with how episodic games work on Steam, I was thinking it would just be a separate executable.
It's just a stability/bug fix patch and no, most of the new episodic games on Steam just launch from the same game. The only big exceptions I can think of being Telltale's pre-Walking Dead episodic titles.

UnquietDream
Jul 20, 2008

How strange that nobody sees the wonder in one another
March 24th is the release date, Dontnod guy just announced it at EGX rezzed. They're also playing part of episode 2 there but I don't want to spoil myself on it.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Saw all the posts and got all excited for a moment. Turns out people were just hella arguing about teenagers being teenagers again. What an epic fail! For cereal.

I'm so sorry.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

UnquietDream posted:

March 24th is the release date, Dontnod guy just announced it at EGX rezzed. They're also playing part of episode 2 there but I don't want to spoil myself on it.

my birthday

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Two days before my birthday. :hfive:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
edit: ^^^^ Two weeks before both my birthday and my gf's. Lotta Aries into this game.

UnquietDream posted:

Hella nice. I was just about to give into temptation to do a second playthrough and make different choices but I never do that for Telltale games and I'll be damned if I'm breaking my streak now.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

184 days from my birthday

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
It actually IS my birthday. Or is that too lame to mention.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

losonti tokash posted:

It actually IS my birthday. Or is that too lame to mention.

It's hella tight.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

happy birthday!! :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

happy birthday!! :)

This action will have consequences later

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

*whoosh, stupid rewinding sounds* happy birthday!! :twisted:

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

UnquietDream posted:

March 24th is the release date.
The next episode needs to come out already, I just watched Donnie Darko for the first time, and I need more teenage misery fueled time travel. :argh:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
New trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WevGdVy8J8Q

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
I have to admit I'm glad the episodes are looking pretty busy - like I can't believe that that trailer represents just one episode let alone a day and I'm really hoping they didn't cheat bys sticking in footage from later episodes. Jeeze I can't even wait five more days for Episode 2.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Looks like ep2 is out. Or, downloaded at least. Do DLCs pre-load? Nope, it's out.

Pity I'm about to go to bed.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It''s neat that they've managed to release episodes a day early so far. I do have some time to play it tonight too.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Autonomous Monster posted:

Looks like ep2 is out. Or, downloaded at least. Do DLCs pre-load? Nope, it's out.

Pity I'm about to go to bed.

Uh...what system, because I'm not seeing it on PS4.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
PC.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is that in America? There's no option to buy Episode 2 by itself on my Steam, just episode 1 and then 2-5 for 17 bucks

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Macaluso posted:

Is that in America? There's no option to buy Episode 2 by itself on my Steam, just episode 1 and then 2-5 for 17 bucks
There's a season pass that gives you all the episodes.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yes I know. I want just the Episode 2. I have the spare money for the single episode but not the season pass.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Wow that was quick. I didn't expect it to come out a day earlier, that seems like a first.

I don't know what happened with the whole idea of the pay as you go episodic gaming. Seems like a good idea to me, but then I don't know much about how that actually works out financially. I think they've found that the vast majority of sales come from season passes to the point where it's just not worth splitting up or something? I'm just glad you could buy episode 1 as a standalone, I was ready to have my hopes dashed but it really sold me on the series.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Woah holy poo poo that was hella good for cereal. The last half especially after the diner.

So Max's powers are starting to cause physical harm and malfunction at times. I think we're going to see her become more and more powerful (such as gaining the ability to move while stopping time which she didn't have before the episode finale) but it's going to take more and more out of her.

Also why was Victoria crying at the end before Nathan walked into her room? I think maybe he did the same thing to her and he was coming to threaten her to keep quiet, maybe?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Episode 2 is pretty great. I like it.

I was very happy that I managed to stop Kate from killing herself, but I was extremely pissed when I noticed I forgot to water my plant. Also, what with the creepy binder thing both episodes at the end, I'm starting to think that Nathan or someone is a straight-up serial killer.

All-in-all, I'm excited for Episode 3.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I am really liking that they're going with the Alpha Protocol approach and actually taking stuff into account. I really hope Kate's fate is actually a meaningful branching path. It would really suck if they just pull a post Walking Dead Season 1 Telltale and have a choice that huge and potentially meaningful ultimately not mattering. She survived in my game so hopefully she's not bedridden for the rest of the game and not adding much. Really good stuff overall. I'm really glad how good this game is already.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Mar 24, 2015

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Haha wow, that final choice of who to accuse, I mostly accused Jefferson because aside from being something of a jerkoff he was the only one who I had a believable story for, looks like I was in the extreme minority. Think I'm going to have to redo the last bit to save Kate though.

Sardonik fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 24, 2015

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Ok I cannot for the life of me find where the bonfire spot in the garbage fill is.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

theblackw0lf posted:

Ok I cannot for the life of me find where the bonfire spot in the garbage fill is.

Its near the stone hut where all of Rachel's stuff is, there's a path in between the broken down stack of cars right out back iirc.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
drat, laughing at that 89% of everyone selecting the same choice at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abardam
Mar 1, 2015
Talking to Kate reminded me of those dating sim minigames where you have to say the right thing to get the girl to have sex with you. I thought it was well done here, though?? idk

• Locked thread