Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'm probably getting a UK PS4 soon, am I going to be able to get it with that somehow? Can I be signed up on multiple PSN accounts/regions? Or is it PS3?

It is ps3/vita.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeadSled
Jan 7, 2008

New episode is up.

As before, Tryon 3 is amazing

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Minato Sakai is freedom.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Sakai is best builder, bar none. He brought a super robot to a real robot game, and did it some style.

Or as he would put it, romance and aesthetic.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
My favorite part of the episode is his hand while he's walking away from the hallway scene.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
It's hard for me to pick a favourite moment of that episode because that episode is just jam packed full of so much. I'm not sure they can top it, but I'd love to see them try.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Mine has gotta be the Chohoken. Everything from HYPER MINOVSKY to the Yuusha pose, to the realisation that Sakai had to somehow make a compartment for the sword hilt in the transformation sequence, and programme in 'ignites after I have stabbed the hilt into the ground, and then it levitates into position'. Best. Builder.

Edit: Oh, and of course the attack, spelling a G of doom around the enemy.

Astro Nut fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 11, 2015

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Oh holy gently caress that was fun. Not sure if it's the best fight of the series, but it's up there with the Bearguy Dick Punch.

I wish next series would be Sakai and the Tryon 3 super-robotting all the dour & serious regular teams.

Astro Nut posted:

Mine has gotta be the Chohoken. Everything from HYPER MINOVSKY to the Yuusha pose, to the realisation that Sakai had to somehow make a compartment for the sword hilt in the transformation sequence, and programme in 'ignites after I have stabbed the hilt into the ground, and then it levitates into position'. Best. Builder.

He programmed it to cut a G into the air that could kill 2/3rds of a team that were prepared to stop it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Okay writers, are you trying to make us actively dislike Team Try Fighters now? You don't go attacking a Super Robot during the transformation sequence, it's just not the done thing :colbert:.

Seriously though, that's probably up there as one of the best fights for all of Build Fighters and was a really fun episode overall.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wish this show was about Tryon-3 because that fight owned hard and almost entirely because of it.

Was the Plavsky Gate that Yuuma used actually a Winning thing? It looked like it was Winning parts. Christ, even when it gets blown apart the Star Winning Gundam is absurd.

I actually feel sort of bad for Yuuma. He got upstaged hard by his rival in what is theoretical his episode. Good ending but you can't stand up to HYPER MINOVSKY

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Mar 11, 2015

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
Dear Bandai, please make a spin-off series for the Tryon 3. Sincerely, everyone.

The most hot-blooded episode features the fight with the Tryon 3 and with freaking Yuuma out of all the characters

This is the best episode. :allears:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Was the Plavsky Gate that Yuuma used actually a Winning thing? It looked like it was Winning parts. Christ, even when it gets blown apart the Star Winning Gundam is absurd.

It is, hence Fumina yells that the generators are still intact - she's handing them off to Yuuma to use whilst the core Star Winning is trashed.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

kinda wishing for an alternate series ending where sakai selflessly leads his team to victory and promises to beat yuuma on a proper 1v1 stage

RIP tryon 3

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Astro Nut posted:

It is, hence Fumina yells that the generators are still intact - she's handing them off to Yuuma to use whilst the core Star Winning is trashed.

Yeah, I misunderstood that and thought she was talking about how she could project a barrier that strong even after Winning Beam Full Power.

Makes sense, she found a way to replicate the Winning Road attachment for Yuuma's cannon without needing to actually attach a part of her unit. I bet she still has a Winning Knuckle too.

Speaking of which, I just realized Sekai is 0-for-2 against Sakai. i wonder if he'll ever realize that.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well that was kind of bullshit.

The Tryon 3 overpowers Star Winning and Lightning Fb in a beam war, but getting hit by the beams has the same effect as getting punched?

The Tryon 3's finisher explicitly paralyzes the target, but they just figure out how to move anyways?

Sakai actually wins but gets convinced to fight to his loss anyway. Okay that's fine, but what the hell, why are we supposed to see this as a victory for the Try Fighters?

Not gonna lie, it's amazing how absolutely little I care about Try Fighters and Celestial Sphere. Literally every single one of their opponents would be more interesting to follow.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Watch that beam war scene more closely. Fumina and Yuuma realised they were losing and jumped away at the last second, taking damage in the process.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No? There's a big impact sound and everything, and a shot of their cockpits getting engulfed in beams.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Actually one thing I do want to point out, since I have it on my mind:

This is legitimately how you do a super robot fight. Yeah, it has a lot of attack yells and moves that would be stock footage in another show, but they're clever and used well. Sakai makes sure each move he's making is the right one and takes advantage of the full features of his suit to attack his opponents. His transformation might be for style but he makes sure to have the time he needs to do it and set up a barrier to prevent it from being interrupted. He baits Sekai into an attack against his rocket punch, having specifically reinforced it against his attack, and then targets his waist joint with his Getter Tomhawak alike. He uses his badass leg-grab-attack to toss them together so he can use his Clock-Up/Zambot 3 fusion attack on them. He's got a super robot sword with huge buildup but does it after his enemies are stunned.

It would have been really easy for them to just write a fight where Tryon-3 is super strong because super robots are super strong but they put a lot of effort into selling that it was a legitimate threat for reasons besides "lol, super robot Gundam."

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Can I please just have a show where Minato is the main character and sometimes Yuuki comes in being ridiculous only to be baffled by the crazy poo poo Minato makes.

Hell, Sakai Minato for Meijin Kawaguchi the Fourth.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 11, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh neat, OST 2 is coming out in two weeks.

27 tracks. Man, I can't believe this show has over 55 songs. I feel like I've only heard maybe 20.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The show had to bend over backwards so hard to convince us that Team Try Fighters could somehow win that fight.

... And still points out that Sakai is specifically throwing away a devastating advantage which is nice from a character development standpoint but also makes it feel that Try Fighters simply do not deserve to be winning here.

Well, message aside, that was a pretty great fight and it was Obari as gently caress.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I still don't understand what qualifies as requiring stored Plavsky particles and what doesn't

Cool fight tho. Shame about how it ended.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ActionZero posted:

Can I please just have a show where Minato is the main character and sometimes Yuuki comes in being ridiculous only to be baffled by the crazy poo poo Minato makes.

I sure as hell would love this. :allears:

That was a pretty good episode, I can see where they were saving their budget. I especially loved the Emblem Barrier during the transformation sequence. That was perfect.

Edit: Hahaha apparently the reaction from Japan is a somewhat consistent "On no, the villains won!"

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 11, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

I still don't understand what qualifies as requiring stored Plavsky particles and what doesn't

The more output or the more power the greater the Plavsky requirements.

However you can manipulate Plavsky particles (i.e: Plavsky Gate, Absorb Shield) without using up your own stored ones.

Build Burning gets to cheat this since Sekai can naturally manipulate particles and his Gunpla seems to have a Plavasky Particle generator built into it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ActionZero posted:

I will still swear blind that Tatsuya was crying behind those glasses when Tryon-3 first combined.

Pureauthor posted:

The show had to bend over backwards so hard to convince us that Team Try Fighters could somehow win that fight.

... And still points out that Sakai is specifically throwing away a devastating advantage which is nice from a character development standpoint but also makes it feel that Try Fighters simply do not deserve to be winning here.

Well, message aside, that was a pretty great fight and it was Obari as gently caress.

Aside from the sudden barrier asspull, it was a pretty solid climax. I actually laughed at the Try Burning just shutting down and keeling over:allears:.

You've all missed something though; Build Fighters Try actually did what AGE could never do - they broke a beam sabre and made it awesome :munch:.

StrifeHira posted:

Edit: Hahaha apparently the reaction from Japan is a somewhat consistent "On no, the villains won!"

This is beautiful on so many levels, I never thought of that :allears:.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ImpAtom posted:

Build Burning gets to cheat this since Sekai can naturally manipulate particles and his Gunpla seems to have a Plavasky Particle generator built into it.

You know, thinking about this, it both makes sense for Sei and makes me realize that NO WONDER the dude won the World Tournament with the original Build Burning. To say it's built on Plavsky Hax is an understatement. It's, in-show, Plavsky Hax incarnate.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Try On 3 THE STRONGEST MACHINE and Sakai should have won. What a downer ending for a super robot show.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 11, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I wish this series was more consistent. Sekai vs Evil Sekai was a horrible fight between two insanely boring characters won by a stupid deus ex machina, and wasn't even pleasing to the eye.

This? This was beautiful in every level and more. It was intense, exciting, actually well-choreographed, showed perfectly the strengths of both sides, and had two actually likable characters fighting, you could easily root for both. Only you could far more easily root for Sakai, but anyways, Yuuma's grown a lot and I really like him now. It was also really, really nice-looking.

I thought I'd get annoyed with how it had to end, but actually I thought Yuuma did deserve that win, though it really could've gone either way, despite how I definitely wanted Sakai to win. There was no deus ex machina cloning super ultimate move of doom here, it was a pure clash of souls and beams.

Easily the best episode in a long while, perhaps the best episode of this usually underwhelming sequel. It can only go downhill from here.

Also have my vote for the Sakai series ft. Meijin, I'd watch the hell out of that. Have Yuuma appear as a rival, his existance clearly helps Sakai a lot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Try On 3 THE STRONGEST MACHINE and Sakai should have one. What a downer ending for a super robot show.

It's okay. He'll live on...

when SRW inevitably includes Tryon-3 and it's the most broken goddamn unit in the game.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Tryon 3 best robot of all robots. <3

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
In a just world Tryon 3 would have won this fight and gone on to destroy gunpla academy in the finals. This was a beautiful episode. Tryon 3 needs to somehow show up at the world tournament.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BlitzBlast posted:

Not gonna lie, it's amazing how absolutely little I care about Try Fighters and Celestial Sphere. Literally every single one of their opponents would be more interesting to follow.

There's absolutely no way this isn't going to get a second series that's focused around the World Tournament, is there? Especially with Lucas' ~prediction~ about the "open tournament" and Yuuki explicitly saying "yeah he means he's expecting to see you at Worlds." They seem to have introduced a bunch of opponents that are foreshadowed as important and interesting and then unceremoniously lose offscreen or to random bullshit, and meanwhile, Shimon and Gyanko haven't shown up for more than ten seconds in the last 3-4 episodes.

If Lucas, Suga and Team White Wolf show up again in a second series and Gyanko, Shimon and co. get to actually do stuff, it would make me like the show as a whole a lot more, even if it feels like the first half of Try (when Sekai barely knew what he was doing) was a lot stronger than this entire National Tournament arc.

e; holy poo poo, I just noticed Hoshino's blushing when Minato wall-slams Yuuma, and it totally looks like they're about to kiss for a second, even if that probably wasn't intentional. :allears:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Mar 11, 2015

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Some guys on /m/ have been saying that Bandai's Twitter or something has already confirmed a third season of Build Fighters in the works, but well you know, /m/ isn't the most reliable of sources.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Raxivace posted:

Some guys on /m/ have been saying that Bandai's Twitter or something has already confirmed a third season of Build Fighters in the works, but well you know, /m/ isn't the most reliable of sources.

Yeah, so I heard, but I was assuming we'd get another timeskip and a new set of protagonists rather than it picking up literally two months after the end of Try with the same protagonists. I'm still holding out for an over-35 championship arc that has Ramba Ral and his Zeon cosplayer buddies fight out historical battles from the One Year War, but that's never going to happen. :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Mar 11, 2015

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The show had been going full 'wink wink nudge nudge' about season 3 for a good long while.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
As far as Minato "throwing away his victory by choosing to fight," keep in mind the following points:

Yuuma is an angsty teenager in a Gundam series.
His whole character development angle since Nielson Labs has been "I'm not going to run anymore."
He just watched his two friends sacrifice themselves to save him.
He's piloting an overclocked custom Refined Gundam Zeta.

Ain't nowhere in that battlefield Sekai could have fled to that was gonna save him from Yuuma at that point. I'm honestly surprised they didn't go full-on Tomino and have Yuuma ram the Tryon-3 in waverider mode. :colbert:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

StrifeHira posted:

I think Sakai has a line in the episode (early?) along the lines of "dude, that is such an awed-enemy-grunt line."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raxivace posted:

Hopefully it won't have Sekai. Of the two members of team try, Yuuma has definitely proven more interesting and fun.

Fumina sadly barely even exists any more.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

chumbler posted:

Hopefully it won't have Sekai. Of the two members of team try, Yuuma has definitely proven more interesting and fun.

Fumina sadly barely even exists any more.

At least Fumina made the coolest suit on the team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Khisanth Magus posted:

In a just world Tryon 3 would have won this fight and gone on to destroy gunpla academy in the finals. This was a beautiful episode. Tryon 3 needs to somehow show up at the world tournament.

Build Fighter's Tournaments as a whole would really have benefited from a Losers Bracket to keep some of the rivals in the fight longer, and even bring them back for another run at the protagonists.

• Locked thread