Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Xenomrph posted:

I'll be getting my microSD card in the mail today, and I still have the SD card from my old 3ds. Is there anything on the SD card I might be able to salvage, like save games or whatever? If so, should I copy that stuff to the microSD card before dropping it in the new 3DS or should I put in the microSD card first (in case the 3DS needs to set up a folder file structure or whatever first, I dunno).

I tried reading through the section in the New3DS manual that talked about what you could and couldn't transfer from SD to microSD and it wasn't exactly clear.

None of that will work because you aren't doing a normal System Transfer. Your saves are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Xenomrph posted:

I'll be getting my microSD card in the mail today, and I still have the SD card from my old 3ds. Is there anything on the SD card I might be able to salvage, like save games or whatever? If so, should I copy that stuff to the microSD card before dropping it in the new 3DS or should I put in the microSD card first (in case the 3DS needs to set up a folder file structure or whatever first, I dunno).

I tried reading through the section in the New3DS manual that talked about what you could and couldn't transfer from SD to microSD and it wasn't exactly clear.

Zat posted:

None of that will work because you aren't doing a normal System Transfer. Your saves are gone.

You can't because the save files are keyed to the original system. Moving the saves over will not work as the new system will ignore them. The system transfer would have handled all that.

Copying files from SD card to SD card only works if you intend on using the card in the same system. Different systems are a no-go.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Good to know, thanks!

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Anora posted:

So can you call up nintendo and get them to give you surveys for past eshop purchases, I would get some insane coinage if I could.

Yes just say you were "out of town" or had other extenuating circumstances.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Haruharuharuko posted:

Yes just say you were "out of town" or had other extenuating circumstances.

they would have been previous to signing up for club nintendo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i tried to get nintendo to restore a bunch of my expired surveys a few months ago and they told me no

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Champeenship posted:

Out of all things to make a theme for, Out Of This World was not one I was thinking of.
:aaaaa: I never expected to be a Theme Guy but here I am having bought 2 Pikmin, 2 Kirby, and a Mario, and absolutely buying Out Of This/Another World if it comes to the U.S.. That "shuffle favorites" feature made all the difference, and now I am spending money. You win, Nintendo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the mh4u palico theme is the best theme you can buy on your 3ds

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Awesome! posted:

Snake eater puts up a pretty good fight.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Ah! I just need 25 coins to make it to plat. I think I have some post play surveys coming at the end of this week but not sure.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Housh posted:

Ah! I just need 25 coins to make it to plat. I think I have some post play surveys coming at the end of this week but not sure.

If you DL pokemon bank and the free steel diver game that will give you another 20 or so I think.

E: You get 15 for the bank game. 5 then 10. Doesn't look like the other gives points any more.
That Rusty baseball game sham used to give points, too.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Andrast posted:

Snake eater puts up a pretty good fight.

Sorry but palico theme meows when you open the 3ds so you are wrong

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Awesome! posted:

The Slowpoke theme.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord
This thing showed up:

Only issue I've had with this is that it doesn't sit flush on the back. I think the case for the olde XL stuck into some little holes on the top to hold it it.

Bought it from Amazon imported. Looks like they're selling them to go out 2-4 weeks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3JWCBKDJYK7OHMD

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
When did you order? I'm still waiting on my US version that I ordered 3 weeks ago. :(

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...
Got my DecalGirl skin. I was a tiny bit off applying but otherwise I'm more than satisfied. I didn't expect it to be actual vinyl, and the matte finish looks great. I didn't bother with the inside skins since they're just black. Also I must've twitched when I took the pictures but the design isn't jaggy at all.

10/10 would decalgirl again.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

This thing showed up:

Only issue I've had with this is that it doesn't sit flush on the back. I think the case for the olde XL stuck into some little holes on the top to hold it it.

Bought it from Amazon imported. Looks like they're selling them to go out 2-4 weeks: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...3JWCBKDJYK7OHMD

Weird, mine sits flush.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Gateway just released support for the New3DS.

It requires a physical copy of Ocarina of Time, which has already been impossible to find at a reasonable price for months.

Heh.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

eddiewalker posted:

It requires a physical copy of Ocarina of Time, which has already been impossible to find at a reasonable price for months.

Heh.
haha wow now would be a good time to sell i guess

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

eddiewalker posted:

Heh.

Oh no

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Awesome! posted:

haha wow now would be a good time to sell i guess

Sell it to me because I just beat ALBW and now I'm hooked on Zeldas.

I've been really hoping for a US reprint, but now I'm worried that Gateway might delay that.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

eddiewalker posted:

Heh.

Rofl

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

eddiewalker posted:

Heh.

*And to be 9.2 or below

Kinda thinking about grabbing a second nu3DS and selling off my old XL to use for the hax games...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

eddiewalker posted:

Heh.

That's pretty loving funny

edit: lol also funny that I traded my copy that came with my 3DS in as soon as I got it for probably like $25 store credit at GameStop....

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Weird, mine sits flush.

You got the US one, right? Wonder if they're different in any way other than the packaging.

Waltzing Along posted:

When did you order? I'm still waiting on my US version that I ordered 3 weeks ago. :(

I ordered my US one (and haven't cancelled it because I wanted to compare the two) about a week ago and it hasn't shipped yet.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

You got the US one, right? Wonder if they're different in any way other than the packaging.

No, Japanese one I bought weeks ago, before NA release of the New 3DS XL.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

No, Japanese one I bought weeks ago, before NA release of the New 3DS XL.

How easy is it for you to take your case off? Mine definitely isn't falling off but it is just kind of a weird fit...

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Sucks that Codename STEAM sounds pretty meh according to the reviews that are coming out.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

How easy is it for you to take your case off? Mine definitely isn't falling off but it is just kind of a weird fit...

It's pretty easy, it's pretty snug save for the back part of the bottom piece since it doesn't get locked in like the last Duraflexi for the older XL.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It's pretty easy, it's pretty snug save for the back part of the bottom piece since it doesn't get locked in like the last Duraflexi for the older XL.

Yeah, that's kind of how mine is. Wonder why they stopped doing that.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Red Robin Hood posted:

Yeah, that's kind of how mine is. Wonder why they stopped doing that.

Because there's no where for it to get locked in. The lanyard holes actually get used by Japanese players.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Because there's no where for it to get locked in. The lanyard holes actually get used by Japanese players.

Well I wonder if the US one will have the plugs that go in that little lanyard deal (didn't know that's what that was!)

Waltzing Along posted:

I just got this email concerning my US order: Your new estimated delivery date is: Friday, April 3, 2015 - Friday, April 10, 2015

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
With the Duraflexi for the N3DS, it's worth noting that I think it gradually starts sitting up against the back more over time. I've had mine on for a few days now, and it's noticeably more flush now than before. It used to be that I'd only notice when picking it up, but now I only notice if I go looking for it.

EDIT: ^^^^^The one I got is the US version, so they're definitely going out. Mine was pushed back a couple times before it shipped last week. This was from a pre-order I made at the end of January.

HPanda fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Mar 11, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The lanyard holes actually get used by Japanese players.
hey now, americans use them too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkL9SP3HJZE

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Well, that's not normal everyday use. But I see the reason for it. :v:

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I do in fact have a Wiimote wrist strap on my 3DS. Figured it would be of more use there and it's actually been good to have.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Lol if you don't have your original DS thumb strap lanyard attached to your New 3DS XL.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Lemming posted:

Lol if you don't have your original DS thumb strap lanyard attached to your New 3DS XL.

Like 98% of the world? I'm amazed you've had it this long...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Like 98% of the world? I'm amazed you've had it this long...

Some people are just true gamers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I never had one of those thumb straps and I doubt I would have used it anyway.