Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Deadpool posted:

Because Harley is a hard character to make work.There's a very fine line with that character and I think very few people have ever been able to get anything good out of her. The only time the character has really clicked well I think was in the original Batman cartoon she came from.

I would agree with this. Add to it the fact that BtAS was a children's cartoon, though with a lot of mature elements, which let them keep things light overall. Arrow is a show that leans heavy on dark and melodramatic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
People tend to focus on either the sexualization or the goofy comedy while completely ignoring the pathos that's so vital to her character.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Deadpool posted:

Because Harley is a hard character to make work.There's a very fine line with that character and I think very few people have ever been able to get anything good out of her. The only time the character has really clicked well I think was in the original Batman cartoon she came from.

I have trouble even imagining a live-action Harley Quinn who sells the idea without feeling like a Sin City character.

Having seen Chappie this weekend, I can pretty much only picture her as Yolandi from Die Antwoord at the moment.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Harley in the comics now is basically Deadpool from that really horrible period a few years back when he had like 5 on-goings.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Injustice Harley is cool :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, 'cause they remember to make her a pitiable character from time to time. Also, the running gag with the moustache is pretty funny.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
https://us.beamly.com/exclusives/20...=arroweasteregg

Tomicity?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

I support having Felicity get together with every character on the show other than Oliver in order to mess with shippers.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Oh look, it's Queen Elizabeth I.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I thought her character was pretty good in the Batman: Assault on Arkham movie, she stood alone well for most of it. However the Joker was a major plot point so I guess there's that.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

I dont know posted:

I support having Felicity get together with every character on the show other than Oliver in order to mess with shippers.

I agree with this.

Oliver should also end up in a steady relationship with lets say Lady Shiva to piss off comic nerds.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Harley in the comics now is basically Deadpool from that really horrible period a few years back when he had like 5 on-goings.

There are lots of good ways to do Harley. That ongoing is not really one of them. I haven't read enough of her in Suicide Squad to see if she's also written poorly in that one (though I think she is)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

I agree with this.

Oliver should also end up in a steady relationship with lets say Lady Shiva to piss off comic nerds.

Royliver or bust.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

McSpankWich posted:

I thought her character was pretty good in the Batman: Assault on Arkham movie, she stood alone well for most of it. However the Joker was a major plot point so I guess there's that.

Please do not mention that creepy pile of doo doo of a movie.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Ollie should just get with Cupid. Once she gets what she wants she'll stop being crazy, surely. She certainly wouldn't kill anyone she thought might get between them.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

greatn posted:

Ollie should just get with Cupid. Once she gets what she wants she'll stop being crazy, surely. She certainly wouldn't kill anyone she thought might get between them.

Given Oliver tends to choose sexual partners based on who is likely the worst possible idea at a given time, I wouldn't rule out him sleeping with Cupid at some point out.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Deakul posted:

Please do not mention that creepy pile of doo doo of a movie.

I thought it was entertaining :shrug:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I dont know posted:

Given Oliver tends to choose sexual partners based on who is likely the worst possible idea at a given time

I dunno about that, I thought Sarah and Ollie worked great.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

enraged_camel posted:

I dunno about that, I thought Sarah and Ollie worked great.

Then she died.

So, yeah.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chokes McGee posted:

Then she died.

So, yeah.

Which time?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Season finale dates for Arrow and Flash announced

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bobkatt013 posted:

Which time?

Earth 2 Sarah save us from these garbage romances

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Then she died.

So, yeah.

That's completely irrelevant to what was said.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

In any case, the Green Arrow's true love should be for social justice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sara and Ollie's relationship would have never lasted.

They were too different. He a PTSD suffering vigilante, her a department store mannequin.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

They were too different. He a PTSD suffering vigilante, her a department store mannequin.

If Andrew McCarthy can find a whirlwind magical romance in the 1987 hit movie surely there is hope for Ollie.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bad Moon posted:

If Andrew McCarthy can find a whirlwind magical romance in the 1987 hit movie surely there is hope for Ollie.

That mannequin was a better actress. Now, mannequin 2 on the other hand...

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

And yet he has more in common with her than anyone else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but you're supposed to have common interests, not common broken murderer histories.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

So whats up with that firestorm, atom, dead canary thing anyway. Is it still pure rumour or is there something more to it?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but you're supposed to have common interests, not common broken murderer histories.

They both like fitness, motorcycles, tastes in fashion, fostering troubled youth, community involvement. Sounds like a match!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

kingcom posted:

So whats up with that firestorm, atom, dead canary thing anyway. Is it still pure rumour or is there something more to it?

More than something to it, there's a casting sheet and a rumour it's going to bypass pilot right to a series order.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

kingcom posted:

It's real, we just don't know what it is. Mini-series in an alternate universe/timeline? Spinoff with standalone episodes centered on various side characters?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The casting calls suggest it's an ensemble, so likely a team. Probably with Dr Stein as the homebase mentor.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Pictures released fro March's 25 episode: Suicide Tendencies

It shows Ollie and Atom's meeting

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

That's a really bitchy move on your +1, Felicity.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Whizbang posted:

That's a really bitchy move on your +1, Felicity.

She's boning th guy who took his company, Felicity really stopped caring about Oliver's opinion when she started working for Ray.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I'm currently binge watching this show on Netflix, and will catch up on this thread as I progress through season 3. Right now, I just finished the episode with Nyssa Al Ghul, and I just feel I should say...man, Laurel is just becoming annoying as hell. I hope her arc gets better, cause drat, I just don't care what happens to her at all right now.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thanks for the hot take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

10 Beers posted:

I'm currently binge watching this show on Netflix, and will catch up on this thread as I progress through season 3. Right now, I just finished the episode with Nyssa Al Ghul, and I just feel I should say...man, Laurel is just becoming annoying as hell. I hope her arc gets better, cause drat, I just don't care what happens to her at all right now.

You aren't the only one.

• Locked thread