Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Thought Justin Gabriel's appearance on Chris Jericho's podcast was fantastic. Inspiring even.

Everyone listen to the 1hr 32min mark onwards of the otherwise hum drum Melina JR interview. Holy ****. She really gets upset about the online rumours about her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Holy ****

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

He's just saying it's a very good interview. Not a five star affair like Punk on AoW, but a solid HM for IOTY.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Isn't Batista the one who started the rumor about he and Melina?

Also I had to laugh at her blaming any perceived attitude problems on just how good her character was.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Wasnt there some thing where she was going to rush the ring to get noticed after Trish stole her percieved Wrestlemania spot

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Listening to the Eric Young interview with Austin and I find it hilarious how little research Austin seems to do. Not that I'd want to watch TNA either, but at least know who the champions are and that your guest isn't currently the champion, like come on. That information is on Wikipedia, you don't even have to watch Impact.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

flashy_mcflash posted:

Listening to the Eric Young interview with Austin and I find it hilarious how little research Austin seems to do. Not that I'd want to watch TNA either, but at least know who the champions are and that your guest isn't currently the champion, like come on. That information is on Wikipedia, you don't even have to watch Impact.

He put in equal effort to TNA itself I don't see the problem here.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

flashy_mcflash posted:

Young towing the TNA company line was admirable, if laughable.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Muddy Burphy posted:

Isn't Batista the one who started the rumor about he and Melina?

Also I had to laugh at her blaming any perceived attitude problems on just how good her character was.

Not only that but I think it came out in his book

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
speaking of bill demott, i'm watching tough enough 5, where he stars as an obese pain in the arse coach. gently caress this fat sack of poo poo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

ICHIBAHN posted:

speaking of bill demott, i'm watching tough enough 5, where he stars as an obese pain in the arse coach. gently caress this fat sack of poo poo.

That's the season where the purpose is burying everybody involved instead of finding someone who's Tough Enough right

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Only 28 minutes in but yes, definitely

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

flashy_mcflash posted:

To be fair, if you looked up the current champions of TNA through Wikipedia, the information would not accurately reflect what you're seeing on current TNA television.

Edit: Also I just remembered that at the end of his interview with James Storm, Austin recommends people check out some of his stuff on the WWE Network :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 11, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
On the lapsed fan they mentioned wwe loaning TNA Christian in return for flair. What show was this?

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

On the lapsed fan they mentioned wwe loaning TNA Christian in return for flair. What show was this?

I believe this was when they let Flair do the Hall of Fame for the Horsemen in exchange for Christian coming to TNA Slammiversary 2012 to introduce a video package.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Poor enuhito thinks the WWE is CERTAIN to send a team to AAA's wrestling world cup because, after all, it's the world cup!

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ICHIBAHN posted:

It was Slammiversary 2012. Flair was going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as one of the Horsemen. Christian didn't even want to go there but Triple H had to talk him into it (he still looked very uncomfortable in the one segment he was in). And what did he end up doing there? Announce the greatest moment in TNA history as voted by fans (Sting's return at Final Resolution).

Dixie didn't even want to advertise him being there in advance because she thought it'd be good to keep this a secret.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Mar 11, 2015

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Perigryn posted:

It was Slammiversary 2012. Flair was going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as one of the Horsemen. Christian didn't even want to go there but Triple H had to talk him into it (he still looked very uncomfortable in the one segment he was in). And what did he end up doing there? Announce the greatest moment in TNA history as voted by fans (Sting's return at Final Resolution).

Dixie didn't even want to advertise him being there in advance because she thought it'd be good to keep this a secret.

Wasn't TNA supposed to get a 2nd appearance from Christian, but they decided against it since he was visibly miserable the whole time there? Or is that just internet canon?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

i think TNA wanted a second appearance because flair had two and WWE was like lol nah. i think there was talk of TNA pursuing legal action because of it but nothing came of it.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Cardboard Box posted:

i think TNA wanted a second appearance because flair had two and WWE was like lol nah. i think there was talk of TNA pursuing legal action because of it but nothing came of it.

probably because it was a handshake deal like everything tna does...like signing big talent!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Muddy Burphy posted:

Wasn't TNA supposed to get a 2nd appearance from Christian, but they decided against it since he was visibly miserable the whole time there? Or is that just internet canon?

Yep, it was probably supposed to be him inducting Sting into the TNA Hall of Fame at BfG. I think TNA's lawsuit sank that. That lawsuit is a forgotten piece of shittiness on their part where they filed suit against WWE at a time TNA had some free agents coming onto the market. The wrestlers then couldn't negotiate with WWE and TNA could pretty much re-sign them at whatever price they wanted.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Background of the lawsuit:
WWE hired an office guy from TNA. He gave them a list of TNA contract values and terms and was immediately fired. WWE contacted TNA to say what happened and got sued.

They probably did tamper with Flair, but nobody believes they needed access to a secret document to get Ric Flair's contract info leaked.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Background of the lawsuit:
WWE hired an office guy from TNA. He gave them a list of TNA contract values and terms and was immediately fired. WWE contacted TNA to say what happened and got sued.

They probably did tamper with Flair, but nobody believes they needed access to a secret document to get Ric Flair's contract info leaked.

Triple H: "Yo, Ric, what're they paying you in that clown show?"
Ric: "$500 a pop, and all the Smirnoff Ice I can drink!"

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRafTer posted:

Yep, it was probably supposed to be him inducting Sting into the TNA Hall of Fame at BfG. I think TNA's lawsuit sank that. That lawsuit is a forgotten piece of shittiness on their part where they filed suit against WWE at a time TNA had some free agents coming onto the market. The wrestlers then couldn't negotiate with WWE and TNA could pretty much re-sign them at whatever price they wanted.
I completely forgot about that lawsuit.

It was the reason WWE couldn't sign Generico for months simply because he worked one dark match in TNA.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I think Matt Morgan was all about a return to WWE and because of that it just didn't happen, and he gave up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Triple H: "Yo, Ric, what're they paying you in that clown show?"
Ric: "$500 a pop, and all the Smirnoff Ice I can drink!"

Flair was earning 20k per appearance!?! :aaa:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Perigryn posted:

I completely forgot about that lawsuit.

It was the reason WWE couldn't sign Generico for months simply because he worked one dark match in TNA.

On the other hand, WWE's loss was PWG's gain.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Laughed until I cried at the B&V&C show when Bryan responded to Vinny saying that things got a little dusty when Connor was named for the Hall of Fame.

"I thought you meant you were crying dust!"

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Some would compare the audience to the glory days of the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, but they are entirely different. Perhaps if that ECW audience had evolved for two more decades, this is what they would have turned into, but probably not.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
From the Observer:

quote:

Hogan, HHH and Jimmy Hart did a talk session together putting each other over. HHH was a complete face here. They put over HHH vs. Andre at WrestleMania III and the two HHH vs. Undertaker matches as classics and took fan questions. Banks beat Charlotte in a later afternoon show and Owens beat Neville. They did a second tryout with Bloom, Regal and Corey Graves running things.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dave spelled Paige's last name "Beavis" every single time.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Dave spelled Paige's last name "Beavis" every single time.

Yeah, that made me do a double take and check to see if her name was actually spelled that way (It's Bevis). At least we know there's another show we can add alongside Green Acres, Dallas, and 90210 on the list of things that have pierced his wrestling bubble.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
So Paige is Butthead's daughter.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Huh. That means he finally scored.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Huh. That means he finally scored.

Maybe some poor girl just sat on the toilet seat after he'd been in there awhile?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

quote:

The lineup has Hitoshi Kumano vs. Mitsuhiro Kitamiya, Yoshinari Ogawa & Zack Sabre Jr. & Super Crazy & Jonah Rock vs. Mohammed Yone & Katsuhiko Nakajima & Taiji Ishimori & Captain NOAH (Jado), Akitoshi Saito & Quiet Storm vs. Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi, Takeshi Morishima & Maybach Taniguchi vs. Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Manabu Nakanishi, Masato Tanaka & Takashi Sugiura vs. Shelton Benjamin & Takashi Iizuka, a three-way for the GHC jr. tag titles with Kenou & Hajime Ohara defending against Daisuke Harada & Genba Hirayanagi and Taka Michinoku & Desperado, Atsushi Kotoge vs. Taichi for the GHC jr. title, Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. defending the GHC tag titles against Mikey Nicholls & Shane Haste and Naomichi Marufuji vs. Minoru Suzuki for the GHC title. It's this lineup where you really see how much NOAH is missing KENTA. They have the talent to put together a good wrestling show. On this show, because New Japan has a PPV in Hiroshima the same day, they can't send the Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima and Yuji Nagata types.

get it together dave

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

quote:

Raw declined considerably, averaging a 2.95 rating and 4.04 million years.

The cough, now this.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Daniel Bryan posted:

The cough, now this.

Maybe he just thought the show was that long.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Erick Rowan's ice cold hot tag killed the dinosaurs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
To be fair that's a believable number

• Locked thread