Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Goku vs Majin Vegeta was amazing since it seemed to be the first time two evenly matched Super Saiyans were going at each other, and it got brutally close at point. Of course it was cheapened when it was revealed Goku was holding back the entire time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Endorph posted:

also it's like the one real fight a female character ever had in all of dragon ball, which is nice

I think the only two women who can actually fight in all of Dragonball are Android 18 and loving Chi Chi, which really says it all doesn't it.

Oh and Arale I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Videl could probably take Yamcha.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

At least 18 got another shine spot during the Super 17 saga??? Maybe???

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the only character who got to shine during the super 17 saga was vegeta

:v:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Monaghan posted:

it's the best fight in the buu saga by a wide margin.
I agree

also would the having less saiyan blood makes you more powerful be like a weird zenkai? the saiyan blood is constantly fighting against the human blood in some odd alien biology that wouldn't make sense outside of anime

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
18 will always be awesome from the moment she was introduced

excluding History of Trunks 18

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
18 was the best personality in the old card game by a distant margin for like a year, good poo poo 18

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bowmore posted:

I don't think Goku vs Majin Vegeta gets enough love as a fight scene

The only problem I have with the fight is that it gets broken up so much by other poo poo going on. It really is a fight between equals, and even though Vegeta thinks it was bullshit because Goku could go even further beyond, it really wouldn't have been a game-changer and Goku probably would have hosed himself by using it. Vegeta legitimately beat Goku in that fight, imo.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Joining in the "I love 18, she's great and deck's Vegeta pretty good." train. :haw:

And DBZA 18 is even better, but i suspect that goes without saying. :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

18 in Buu and the movies as Unstoppable Mom Who Must Get Paid is pretty rad.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The only problem I have with the fight is that it gets broken up so much by other poo poo going on. It really is a fight between equals, and even though Vegeta thinks it was bullshit because Goku could go even further beyond, it really wouldn't have been a game-changer and Goku probably would have hosed himself by using it. Vegeta legitimately beat Goku in that fight, imo.
Of course he legitimately beat him, Goku chose not to use SS3 and was going all out with SS2.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thyrork posted:

Joining in the "I love 18, she's great and deck's Vegeta pretty good." train. :haw:

And DBZA 18 is even better, but i suspect that goes without saying. :allears:
couldn't agree more

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though as mentioned earlier in the thread 18 was a little too willing to use Destructo Disk on two kids she knew.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah but she knew what she was doing

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bowmore posted:

Of course he legitimately beat him, Goku chose not to use SS3 and was going all out with SS2.

Well sure, but it always stuck in Vegeta's mind that Goku was holding back. Anyone could tell him that's just not a good read on the fight, but it matters a lot to Vegeta.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also Goku wasn't really in the fight mentally, only enough to keep himself from being double dead

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

This kid I knew in junior high always claimed Videl vs Spopovich as his favorite fight. He was later arrested for domestic violence. That's my main memory of Spopovich.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

This kid I knew in junior high always claimed Videl vs Spopovich as his favorite fight. He was later arrested for domestic violence. That's my main memory of Spopovich.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

18 in Buu and the movies as Unstoppable Mom Who Must Get Paid is pretty rad.

Yeah, it's a shame that they didn't do more with her despite being in the exclusive "Non-Saiyan good guys that are stronger than a (base-level) Super Saiyan" club along with Piccolo and Mr. Buu.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

projecthalaxy posted:

he doesn't like it when they just stay down

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

projecthalaxy posted:

That fight was legitimately disturbing and something so different from anything else in the series. It's just so goddamn dark, and the context given later actually makes it a bit worse for all the characters involved.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it was cringe worthy, we were all watching from Gohan's perspective and it was hurting us

unless you were domestic violence guy then you were probably Spopovich

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in my heart, i am the last majin

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It was so weird with the rest of the Saiyaman/World Tournament Saga being so fluffy and jokey and then YOU WILL NOW WITNESS THE BRUTALIZATION OF AN UNPOWERED GIRL.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

projecthalaxy posted:

It was so weird with the rest of the Saiyaman/World Tournament Saga being so fluffy and jokey and then YOU WILL NOW WITNESS THE BRUTALIZATION OF AN UNPOWERED GIRL.

Yeah, in hindsight that did kinda come out of nowhere.
It didn't really accomplish much either besides putting a big :moreevil: sign over Spopovich and Yamu, as if their character designs didn't make it obvious enough

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I like how Gohan just stands there and lets it happen.

You know, instead of going down there and rearranging that guy's face.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You needed 6 super saiyins to make a Super Saiyin god and Pan apparently counted even though she was a fetus. Even if you ignore the SSJ requirement that baby is apparently still stronger than Tarble because Vegeta says he'd be too weak to help them with the ritual.

You just needed 6 Saiyans, not exclusively super ones. And I thought Vegeta said Tarble was too far away, not that he was too weak?

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

jivjov posted:

You just needed 6 Saiyans, not exclusively super ones. And I thought Vegeta said Tarble was too far away, not that he was too weak?

The "too far away" argument kinda falls apart when you have Goku, who can teleport to literally anyone's location as long as he's familiar with that person's ki signature.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Maybe it's because Tarble is both stupid and deuterocanonical.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I like how Gohan just stands there and lets it happen.

You know, instead of going down there and rearranging that guy's face.
Since when has Gohan broken the rules

RULES MAN

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I legitimately would not have minded a Hercule vs. Spopovitch rematch where he gets revenge for his daughter. :(

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Endorph posted:

also it's like the one real fight a female character ever had in all of dragon ball, which is nice

18 vs. Masked Man/Goten+Trunks was pretty fun.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I legitimately would not have minded a Hercule vs. Spopovitch rematch where he gets revenge for his daughter. :(

So basically you want Hercule killed.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

but he got blewed up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuFNwYaAEyA

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, I know. Would've been neat, though.

Tae posted:

So basically you want Hercule killed.

Like Hercule can die. :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I choose to believe that Yamu and Spopovich became Nappa's students in the special section of HFIL for exploded bald dirtbags.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
My pet theory is that, since Vegeta knows the secret to being a super sayian as does Gohan, Goten and Trunks knew the secret at a young age and could work on unlocking the mysteries of the form before anyone else.

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
I hope RoF has a part where Hercule defeats a single Frieza solider.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There's a scene where all of the Z-Fighters fight a whole army of Frieza Soldiers, and while everyone is blowing them up by the hundreds Hercule is facing off with one guy, the two of them slowly circling each other.

The entire movie happens, Frieza is defeated, the day is saved, credits, and then it cuts back in and Hercule and the frieza soldier are still circling each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

SexyBrianPuppet posted:

I hope RoF has a part where Hercule defeats a single Frieza solider.

For Hercule, that would be an amazing milestone and I would love every minute of the 1000 circumstantial coincidences that coincide to allow him to win.

• Locked thread