Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

KennyMan666 posted:

I never had one of those thumb straps and I doubt I would have used it anyway.
They Were Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
FPS control hierarchy:

Mouse >> touchscreen w/thumb strap > wii remote >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trackball >>>>>> dual joysticks

Lemming fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Mar 12, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I tried to buy a bunch of thumbstraps from Nintendo's Aussie warehouse but they were all out. This is the same warehouse that was sitting on a stash of GBA Players and GC component cables until last year, mind.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

eddiewalker posted:

Gateway just released support for the New3DS.

It requires a physical copy of Ocarina of Time, which has already been impossible to find at a reasonable price for months.

Heh.

lol, loving my physical copy of oot even though I just use it to play oot.

GFL finding oot in the wild for a reasonable price after this. Look at what ninjhax did to cubic ninja prices and that was a lovely game

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The difference here is that some mom will be selling OoT on Craigslist

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

noirstronaut posted:

The difference here is that some mom will be selling OoT on Craigslist

I am going to call every one I see and let them know it is worth much, much more.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope Nintendo starts selling a new version of OoT3D that fixes whatever exploit the flash cart people are using, with no easy way of telling which version it is. It's not even a matter of convenience anymore if you can keep it all on an SD card. People just don't want to pay for games.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Well I guess I'll just get the digital version of Ocarina of Time, then. You pirate bastards. :negative:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fleshweasel posted:

I hope Nintendo starts selling a new version of OoT3D that fixes whatever exploit the flash cart people are using, with no easy way of telling which version it is. It's not even a matter of convenience anymore if you can keep it all on an SD card. People just don't want to pay for games.

I mentioned it a page or two back, but a new print run of OoT3D carts is starting to turn up. Nintendo will probably just patch the exploit if they can.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Said F it, cancelled the XL Duraflexi and paid $10 extra to get the LL one 2 weeks earlier. At least Amazon finally updated poo poo. What a mess.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I missed the 5 minute window that Mario Golf was available at Frys for 10 bucks. Has anyone else seen the game for cheap anywhere?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I missed the 5 minute window that Mario Golf was available at Frys for 10 bucks. Has anyone else seen the game for cheap anywhere?

I price matched it at TRU. I almost did it at Walmart but they wanted to be human being assholes about it and wouldn't do it because "it's out of stock there."

gently caress you Walmart.

E: Ace Attorney question. I just met Sal Manella. Uh...how the hell was this localized? I mean, do they have l33t sp34k in Japan? Or did they just rewrite stuff to make things more American? (Suck sores?) :laffo:

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Mar 12, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

The localizers always have a ball doing their job in AA games. They're really, really great localizations and are part of the reason the franchise is nothing short of amazing.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Waltzing Along posted:

I price matched it at TRU. I almost did it at Walmart but they wanted to be human being assholes about it and wouldn't do it because "it's out of stock there."

E: Ace Attorney question. I just met Sal Manella. Uh...how the hell was this localized? I mean, do they have l33t sp34k in Japan? Or did they just rewrite stuff to make things more American? (Suck sores?) :laffo:

Yes.

http://awkwardzombie.com/index.php?page=0&comic=120913

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Waltzing Along posted:

He talked in Japanese internet memes in the Japanese version so they made him talk in American internet memes in the American version.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

I actually bought a 2nd copy (price matched at Best Buy) in case any of my friends wanted to play it but they either own it already or I don't have any friends or they don't want to play it.

Shoot me an email if you wanna grab it for $10+shipping: redrobinhood.sa@gmail.com

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Red Robin Hood posted:

I actually bought a 2nd copy (price matched at Best Buy) in case any of my friends wanted to play it but they either own it already or I don't have any friends or they don't want to play it.

Shoot me an email if you wanna grab it for $10+shipping: redrobinhood.sa@gmail.com

Sent you an email

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Waltzing Along posted:

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. But the game was localized in 2005. I doubt he would've talked in leetspeek if the game was localized today.

vvv Yeah, pretty much that.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 12, 2015

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Dr. Fetus posted:

Yeah, it's pretty terrible. But the game was localized in 2005. I doubt he would've talked in leetspeek if the game was localized today.

Yeah they would probably use doge speak.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

mycot posted:

Yeah they would probably use doge speak.

Definitely wouldn't be beneath them. They stuck a sharknado reference in the Dual Destinies DLC case.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fleshweasel posted:

I mean of course people wanna pirate games but having all my games and saves tied to an SD card that won't become useless if I lose or break the system I'm using actually does sound pretty convenient compared to how Nintendo handles it

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
This is why you buy 2 3DS consoles

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012

Red Robin Hood posted:

Anyone else able to grab a copy of Mario Golf at Fry's and willing to sell? All 3 within a 100 miles of me are sold out.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

goferchan posted:

I mean of course people wanna pirate games but having all my games and saves tied to an SD card that won't become useless if I lose or break the system I'm using actually does sound pretty convenient compared to how Nintendo handles it

Ah, the ol' "backup" defense which is actually more true than ever now.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

TheHouseofM posted:

Anyone else able to grab a copy of Mario Golf at Fry's and willing to sell? All 3 within a 100 miles of me are sold out.

I'll check it out when I go to BB on Friday but I can't make any promises...

Has anyone used the Nintendo coupon at Best Buy? Does anyone know how Best Buy stacks coupons?

I've got the $5 off Nintendo game, my GCU, and a 10% off movers coupon and I'm wondering if they'll all stack.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Wamdoodle posted:

Ah, the ol' "backup" defense which is actually more true than ever now.

Yeah I mean don't get me wrong, I assume anyone buying a flashcart and claiming that's why is totally full of poo poo, but it's dumb as hell that you have more security for your games and save files when running pirated copies than you do by doing so legitimately

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Red Robin Hood posted:

I'll check it out when I go to BB on Friday but I can't make any promises...

Has anyone used the Nintendo coupon at Best Buy? Does anyone know how Best Buy stacks coupons?

I've got the $5 off Nintendo game, my GCU, and a 10% off movers coupon and I'm wondering if they'll all stack.

I've not tried it myself but I've seen users on cheapassgamer saying they've had stacks of discounts like that before.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Like 98% of the world? I'm amazed you've had it this long...

You can buy them from Nintendo's online store.

Edit: I guess you can't anymore, or at least I don't see them.

PneumonicBook fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Mar 12, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

PneumonicBook posted:

You can buy them from Nintendo's online store.

Edit: I guess you can't anymore, or at least I don't see them.

Yeah, they used to. I'm familiar with their online store. I get things from time to time there.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is anyone else hype as hell for Codename STEAM

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Totally.

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/code-name-s-t-e-a-m-review/1900-6416060/

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
no

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Gamespot gave Rainbow Curse a 5/10 so gently caress 'em as I always say.

e: Did anyone get their shipping notification for their 3DS dock? I ordered mine when they went up, but it's still listed as "Processing"

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 12, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lol reviews

codename steam is bad though

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

noirstronaut posted:

e: Did anyone get their shipping notification for their 3DS dock? I ordered mine when they went up, but it's still listed as "Processing"

They're taking a few days. I didn't get a shipment notification for my red battery cover until today though I ordered the other day.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

noirstronaut posted:

I got notification yesterday.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

noirstronaut posted:

Is anyone else hype as hell for Codename STEAM

I have it preordered. I'm not expecting anything mindblowing but I hope it's alright, I complain about nintendo never trying anything new so feel like I should support them when they actually make a attempt.

Red Robin Hood
Jun 24, 2008

Buglord

noirstronaut posted:

Yes I got my notification today. Ordered it when you did.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Welp, maybe I'm just boned.

e: Actually, maybe it's the standard shipping that I chose.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Gameinformer gave Project STEAM an 8, and generally it's getting the 7-8 range except for gamespot (who also gave legend of korra like a 2 because of "lore reasons").