Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.
We need NDP and MS-W to drop on Delaware to help offset against BULBA. I appeal to you fellowgoons to help us mess with these fucks. :smugdog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/1699557#cliff-axetrain-fcm_50_t

Gotta grind enough credits to get the T57 while its still on sale and switching back and forth between the FCM and the CDC is the best way to do it. Really none of my other T8 prems are getting any love recently. The IS-6 is great and all but it has a really repetitive play style. The French prems are more fast paced and exciting plus they are keeping my recent WN8 in the purple since even ho hum games get good numbers, I have a feeling pubbies are making GBS threads up the expected values for these things.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

KonigRasnake posted:

We need NDP and MS-W to drop on Delaware to help offset against BULBA. I appeal to you fellowgoons to help us mess with these fucks. :smugdog:

Has their entire clan re-rolled by now, or is just the select few autists I keep seeing on NA-W?

KonigRasnake
Mar 20, 2014

Simply trying to enjoy some lemonade and magic-head.
They have loads of rerolls and hilariously have adopted a purple NDP icon.

srb
Jul 24, 2007
T32 or 110 should be able to do that heavy mission easily, both very strong tanks that pubbies don't know how to shoot.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is there a way to figure out which tank you have had your best damage blocked game in?

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

srb posted:

T32 or 110 should be able to do that heavy mission easily, both very strong tanks that pubbies don't know how to shoot.

I haven't tried either I don' t think. If I get a tier 8 match could be doable.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

WayAbvPar posted:

tl dr if you see me in a heavy on the other team, please bounce lots of shots off of me TIA.
same goes for me. i'll blow you

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

KonigRasnake posted:

I'm not even sure if any NDP members who can drop chips are still playing. Me, JuffoWup, and maybe a couple others whose names I don't remember are the only ones left.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I'm trying to do HT15 now, except the only heavies above t6 I have right now are the T-29, Caernarvon and Krupp Steel II. Nothing above tier 8 :saddowns:

The closest I got with this is ~4k hp damage, 1.5k blocked and 500 taken... In my stock Tiger II.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

It will be tough to do at 8. I did it a few times in my E-75, but couldn't get the commendation because my shitlord teams would fold. Finally did 6k+ damage in my T57 to get the honors. Gonna buy an E100 to do the T28 HT-15.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Missing Name posted:

I'm trying to do HT15 now, except the only heavies above t6 I have right now are the T-29, Caernarvon and Krupp Steel II. Nothing above tier 8 :saddowns:

The closest I got with this is ~4k hp damage, 1.5k blocked and 500 taken... In my stock Tiger II.

Get an E-75, should be simple enough in that.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Somebody REALLY hates WoT, hahahaha. I also like he posts as if he represents everyone.

quote:

Death to WOT!
I can't wait to see this game bury a very subpar game most of us are moving from. A game that has lacked progression in the eyes of moving forward and letting us down time and time again with false hope and empty promises.
I am not to worried when I get to play armoured warfare. (Like the rest of you yes beta would be nice but when it happens it happens) I am enjoying the videos regular updates and the like. I would like to say a big ups to jingles and his preview video although that just set the excitement levels threw the roof like a fat kid in a candy store giving away free candy.
What's not to love about what we have seen the tank models look Amazing, diverse roles within each tank class, more epic crew progression with seperate commanders (didn't think that would happen but what else do you expect from a world class rpg game company) and to top it off multi core processing (that's an assumption due to what the cry engine can do). I say take your time obsidian keep up the hype we can all wait even if it kills us cause this games going to be off the hook.

Armored Warfare forums is a gold mine.

quote:

Cough up the beta, and I will stream it for you...
Twitch.tv/Mongooser

P.S. I was 19 E/K in U.S. Army(real tanker, was trained on m60a3, and crossed trained to M1 later) Have over 24,000 missions in World of Tanks, give you quite a bit of free advertising as long as the game does not blow chunks

Game is still in Alpha and they don't even have anything out for PvE yet, but that ain't stoppin' this bro.

quote:

I just hope AW stock tanks are useless, like in WoT.....WoT stock tanks are so bad you want to hang yourself for having to actually drive it into battle.....they are utterly terrible vehicles. Stock tanks dont need to be that drat bad lol...

Lets hope by "OP AI tanks", that doesnt translate into..."He sees you, he 1 shots you"....or the tank magically has 5,500,000 hitpoints just because hes a "Boss". rather, he is 100% upgraded with maybe 25% better crew skills, and he is able to fire 1-2s faster overall, aims 1-2s faster, and can maybe traverse 3 degrees sooner, making the tank overall a little better compared to the regular elite tank.

BUt for some reason, its gunna be..

120mm M256 550pen, 600dmg, 7.5RpM, 0.3acc, 2.5 aim time
OP Boss M256 Cannon: 975pen, 1500 dmg, 15.5RpM, 0.1 acc, 0.25 aim time.

On the move accuracy is 150% better then the same tank used by a player, and all of the above is stupid....

Want like minded folks to hang out with? Fiaura has got you covered on that front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC2O9STrT-GlNFEL-Yy85VgA?videos

I'm poor and I want to be a welfare queen!

quote:

That's ridiculous... If there are prem tanks the ones paying for them will have advantage over non-paying players, so HELL NO!!!!!

I'm mr. military dude so therefore something...

quote:

Disclaimer: The poster is a fire support professional in real life. He apologizes for wanting something so significant in real battlefields to be here, but remembers that the supported element in combat is always the maneuver element.
That means he wants arty to go bang, but he wants to go pew pew and go murder arty pogues when they are bad.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Mar 12, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
it's going to really own once these morons realize AW actually isn't the missing part to making their life whole, it's just another tank game from another company that doesn't care about them. I can't wait to read their anguished posts of how they were duped! and my.com is no different than WG! and the world is all bullshit!

quote:

Cough up the beta, and I will stream it for you...
Twitch.tv/Mongooser

P.S. I was 19 E/K in U.S. Army(real tanker, was trained on m60a3, and crossed trained to M1 later) Have over 24,000 missions in World of Tanks, give you quite a bit of free advertising as long as the game does not blow chunks

mr.general patton here revealed last night on his stream that he was only in the army from 86-89 and saw no action yet somehow"combat tanker" is still the foundation of his identity. it's like a guy who played football in high school still reminding everyone of his extensive gridiron experience well into middle age

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 12, 2015

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Hellsau posted:

I hate Cliff because the games are never competitive. One team has more worthless shitbirds camping the west corner, that do fuckall while their team either wins or loses center/east and then they either do no damage or are surrounded and get some pity damage at the end.
I kind of like Cliff. I generally don't care about the east of the map, regardless of what tank I'm in - the west is where it's won. Well, it's where your pubbies will need the most help. Either you spot on the hill overlooking the west and prevent the enemy from doing the same or you push down the west itself, depending on the tank you're in. It's fun. People are bad at this map. They don't understand camouflage, they don't get that I know where they're probably hiding even if I can't see them and they don't know that I'm probably popping up from the same space because object permanence is not something they understand. And that western valley is made to exploit those weaknesses.

It's admittedly less fun when you're a bottom tier heavy or something, but that's true for pretty much every map.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

R. Mute posted:

I kind of like Cliff. I generally don't care about the east of the map, regardless of what tank I'm in - the west is where it's won. Well, it's where your pubbies will need the most help. Either you spot on the hill overlooking the west and prevent the enemy from doing the same or you push down the west itself, depending on the tank you're in. It's fun. People are bad at this map. They don't understand camouflage, they don't get that I know where they're probably hiding even if I can't see them and they don't know that I'm probably popping up from the same space because object permanence is not something they understand. And that western valley is made to exploit those weaknesses.

It's admittedly less fun when you're a bottom tier heavy or something, but that's true for pretty much every map.

The west valley itself is only an option if you are in a T95, and even then you'll just get arty thumped. The only part of that map that matters is the little hill in the middle-west.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Missing Name posted:

You're on the way to greatness! I did HT15 for the StuG IV in the E75, so you're not too far away!

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Jack_tripper posted:

mr.general patton here revealed last night on his stream that he was only in the army from 86-89 and saw no action yet somehow"combat tanker" is still the foundation of his identity. it's like a guy who played football in high school still reminding everyone of his extensive gridiron experience well into middle age
I like how he was giving a 16 year old kid advice about joining the military, even though it's been 26 years since he's served, and his service only lasted for 3 years.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
He looks like he lives in a hostel and his room is in the attic. It also looks like the highlight of his life was probably his military "career".

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Mar 12, 2015

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
lol, if youve been in the army or think the army is "cool", youre a loving tool.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

my.com? I thought AW was being made by Obsidian.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Missing Name posted:

I got mine by doing 7000 damage in an IS-3. You should try that!

Really though, your best bet is just playing as good as you can in a tank with good armour. So, none of your tanks, unfortunately.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
My.com are the producers/distributors.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

The west valley itself is only an option if you are in a T95, and even then you'll just get arty thumped. The only part of that map that matters is the little hill in the middle-west.
Maybe it's because I don't really play above tier VII and that means splash damage isn't a huge concern yet, but I generally don't have to worry too much about arty with all those hills. I can imagine high tier arty and TDs change that quite a bit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The grandest hope I have for AW is that they expand upon the PMC angle to include aircraft. "Strike Commander Online" are three words that go nicely together.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Uranium 235 posted:

I like how he was giving a 16 year old kid advice about joining the military, even though it's been 26 years since he's served, and his service only lasted for 3 years.

The first year did not count because that includes boot camp and A-schools. By the time he made it out in the real world he was probably a short timer and took an early out option spending the last year of his tour in some billet filing mail until his time was up.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

demonR6 posted:

The first year did not count because that includes boot camp and A-schools. By the time he made it out in the real world he was probably a short timer and took an early out option spending the last year of his tour in some billet filing mail until his time was up.

he said he wrecked a bike and went on disability

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Oh so he was probably in a medical unit and did nothing at all. Bravo.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jack_tripper posted:

Are you talking to him?

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Agrajag posted:

Are you talking to him?

a number of us chatted with him for quite a long time last night, it was what I had referred to previously about undergarments as he kept offering to show us one of his wife's bras on the stream

funfact: he was platooning with his adult son at the time

The Southern Dandy
Jun 15, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT MY RADLEY-WALTERS' MEDAL

Is that medal for being the most intolerable poster in a thread about Warhammer 40.000 novels? Because if it is, you sure blew the competition out of the water, son.

demonR6 posted:

Let me hide first before Dandy has an aneurysm and makes a mess of things..

Mein leben!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Jack_tripper posted:

a number of us chatted with him for quite a long time last night, it was what I had referred to previously about undergarments as he kept offering to show us one of his wife's bras on the stream

funfact: he was platooning with his adult son at the time

omgggggg HOW DID I MISS THIS? gently caress YOU ASSHOLES FOR NOT TELLING ME! I hope you all get cancer of the butthole.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Anyone ever gotten the feeling they forgot how to play some tanks? I just can't make the IS-3 work for me anymore, I don't know what it is.
Also, if anyone ever sees The_commissioner in game, TK him for me. He got mad because we covered the forest in Murovanka, and apparently that isn't the pro-48%er strategy. So he sat in the corner and moped.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Agrajag posted:

omgggggg HOW DID I MISS THIS? gently caress YOU ASSHOLES FOR NOT TELLING ME! I hope you all get cancer of the butthole.
Haha, we talked about it in the goon channel for quite a while. We had a great time!

Jack_tripper posted:

Disability explains how he has every tank from tier 8-10, won those 10 years of premium in that contest, AND has spent $500 on Hearthstone.

He's living the dream.

Uranium 235 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Mar 12, 2015

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

CitizenKain posted:

Anyone ever gotten the feeling they forgot how to play some tanks? I just can't make the IS-3 work for me anymore, I don't know what it is.
Also, if anyone ever sees The_commissioner in game, TK him for me. He got mad because we covered the forest in Murovanka, and apparently that isn't the pro-48%er strategy. So he sat in the corner and moped.

The way you make the IS-3 work is play in strongholds where tier 8 shitlers try to shoot at your sides.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

CitizenKain posted:

IS-3 turret got crazy nerfed, that might be the problem. You can just shoot them in the top and pen

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Uranium 235 posted:

Disability explains how he has every tank from tier 8-10, won those 10 years of premium in that contest, AND has spent $500 on Hearthstone.

He's living the dream.

drat im pretty jelly.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Got my invite to Generals. Is actually quite good and fun, at least at tier one. We'll see when/if the pay to win creeps in...

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

IS-3 turret got crazy nerfed, that might be the problem. You can just shoot them in the top and pen

Or, if you're running a Charioteer, basically anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

http://wotreplays.com/site/1700344#self

:toot: :homebrew: