Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Jesus, Nina, enough of the pity party already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
isn't nina 50? she was managing people when she was 6?

"In real life, you may not have to go out and eat a lizard."

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Unmerciful posted:

Oh poo poo Joe just dropped the "I have a ton of black friends" defense... Who the hell actually knows a bunch of deaf people?

He explained it earlier.

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

I guess we were due for a dud episode to get rid of some dead wood but did it have to spend so much time dwelling on what collar or lack of collar Nina is? Are they still going to be discussing this loving gimmick in week 13?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Unmerciful posted:

I guess we were due for a dud episode to get rid of some dead wood but did it have to spend so much time dwelling on what collar or lack of collar Nina is? Are they still going to be discussing this loving gimmick in week 13?

it was three minutes calm down you UPTIGHT WHITE COLLAR TIME MANAGEMENT PERSON

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Unmerciful posted:

Dude, how was this a dud episode. The pre-tribal shenanigans were amazing.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
thank goodness.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TMMadman posted:

Dude, how was this a dud episode. The pre-tribal shenanigans were amazing.

Not enough monkey sex or nudity, I guess.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

As annoying as Nina is, at least she was fighting to stay. I mean, most likely Will knew he was safe, but he wasn't doing much to show how much he cares about staynig

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Unmerciful posted:

fuckin lol what is this nonsense

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Her feet never heard it coming

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Unmerciful posted:

The entire episode was worth it to get to watch the White Collars furtively search for the idol while Carolyn smugly chilled the hell out watching the fire with the idol in her pocket.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It will be interesting to see what happens next week. I think we are only going to see one more week of this three tribe game and then it's going to get blown up.

If Joe/Jenn/Whats-her-name can manage to stick together they might be a pretty powerful trio.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
If the No's lose Will next, there's a merge into 2 tribes and the 3 stay together they could hold a lot of control.
edit: drat you TMMadman.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Next week is gonna own

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

"We're not trying to change you as a human being... buuuut you really need to change, Nina."

Haly needs to gently caress right off with that passive aggressive horseshit.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Two hours next week! :woop:

Preview chat: blindfold challenge = getting rid of Nina was the right move

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Hali was the second vote on Will? Didn't really see that coming

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Recursive posted:

The entire episode was worth it to get to watch the White Collars furtively search for the idol while Carolyn smugly chilled the hell out watching the fire with the idol in her pocket.

The smart move is to search with them.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lone Goat posted:

Hali was the second vote on Will? Didn't really see that coming

I just assumed they "split" again

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Robnoxious posted:

"We're not trying to change you as a human being... buuuut you really need to change, Nina."

Yeah that part was weird. Whatever, at least Nina's gone.

Rodney starting some more poo poo next week it looks like.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I rarely get the chance to perv out on Survivor, but Shirin is all sorts of awesome.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

Two hours next week! :woop:

Preview chat: blindfold challenge = getting rid of Nina was the right move

That would have been top of the line hilarity to be honest. I'm sure they would try to make her be the caller but even then it would have been fun.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Some people were arguing Will made the correct decision last week for some reason... but it's very clear that he made a bad decision for his own game. He jumped from being in the top 2 of a 3 person to no one trusting him and him being at the bottom of 4. If you're going to betray alliances, you have to commit to the act. You can't half-way betray your alliance, because then neither alliance trusts you.

How do you get on Survivor and then not sit down and watch every episode and read strategy commentaries etc? It's just dumb to be repeating mistakes that people were making 20 seasons ago.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
I haven't watched Survivor ever before this year. I only started watching because my coworker's girlfriend is on the show (Shirin) but it seems great. It seems like she's doing well? My coworker hasn't been watching with us which is good since he's horrible at secrets.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Shakugan posted:

Some people were arguing Will made the correct decision last week for some reason... but it's very clear that he made a bad decision for his own game. He jumped from being in the top 2 of a 3 person to no one trusting him and him being at the bottom of 4. If you're going to betray alliances, you have to commit to the act. You can't half-way betray your alliance, because then neither alliance trusts you.

How do you get on Survivor and then not sit down and watch every episode and read strategy commentaries etc? It's just dumb to be repeating mistakes that people were making 20 seasons ago.

Hindsight is 20/20. In a three tribe season, there is typically a big swap into 2 tribes around Episode 5. From Will's perspective, Vince was unreliable enough that his position as top 2 in an alliance of 3 was questionable. Being a secure 4th in an alliance of 4 can be better than a loose 2nd in an alliance of 3 if the alliances are essentially dissolved by Episode 5 anyway.

Of course, given that we now know that Vince probably wasn't going to backstab him, and that his position as 4th in this alliance wasn't even that secure, and that the No Collars lost Immunity in Ep 3 and are now one challenge loss away from booting Will before the swap, Will's move is looking pretty silly. But in the alternate universe where the No Collars win immunity and Will can safely enter the swap without the baggage or worry of Vince's insanity, the move would look a lot better.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I kinda knew going in it was probably going to be Nina, so there was a distinct lack of suspense after the challenge ended.
One thing I'll definitely credit this episode for, it DID shed some light on the blue collar tribe's internal dynamics in some entertaining ways.
Rodney hates Mike and Dan, but is pretending to tolerate Dan for ~strategic reasons~
Mike now hates Lindsay for insulting his religion
Lindsay hates Mike, still has contempt for Dan
Kelly and Sierra are both smart women who know better than to step in the poo poo. Also I am reminded Sierra is very, very tall, and Kelly is a state trooper.
Interestingly, due to the volatility of three of the tribe members (Mike, Lindsay, Rodney), there doesn't seem to really be a majority alliance. I kinda think, too, if there was a defined one, we would have seen it. Rodney claimed early he'd align himself with the three women, but how much evidence of that have we actually seen?

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who?

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

I think she's the ones with tats on her face that sits out of challenges yelling at everyone in a really annoying, raspy voice

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Tide posted:

I think she's the ones with tats on her face that sits out of challenges yelling at everyone in a really annoying, raspy voice

No, she's the short, older woman who is a state trooper. Lindsay is the tatooed one, and Sierra is the giant who says nothing, just sits in the background and makes weird faces.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

opposable thumbs.db posted:

I haven't watched Survivor ever before this year. I only started watching because my coworker's girlfriend is on the show (Shirin) but it seems great. It seems like she's doing well? My coworker hasn't been watching with us which is good since he's horrible at secrets.

Does she spend most of her time trying to watch monkeys have sex?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

Howler Rape Monkey has been wanting an audience for at least 10 seasons.
It's about time someone witnessed his crimes.

Mister Snake just wants to be understood and not a metaphor for sneaky suspicions and tension.

Sea Eel barfing up a fish just wants to eat in peace.

And Lamprey?
Lamprey just wants to be a bro and ask you what...

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Mar 12, 2015

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
I want to hate Rodney but I think I would be acting just like him after spending about 5 minutes with mike.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Shakugan posted:

Dan says he's a superfan and continues to act as if he has never watched the show before. And....my crush on (and expectations for) Sierra continue to grow. Anyone notice she was wearing jeans at camp, without complaining or making a fuss.
Looking forward to her busting out #beastmodecowgirl but that might not be until they're doing individual immunity competitions.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Rarity posted:

Her tribe are so dull, they should have hit her with questions, eg:
Do monkeys do it doggy style? And if so, why don't we call it monkey style.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

opposable thumbs.db posted:

She's irritating and pissing off her tribemates. No, she isn't doing well. She just hasn't been to tribal council since the first episode. But she could get lucky. It's not a very predictable game.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Binary Logic posted:

Dan says he's a superfan and continues to act as if he has never watched the show before. And....my crush on (and expectations for) Sierra continue to grow. Anyone notice she was wearing jeans at camp, without complaining or making a fuss.

One of the guys on the show, I think Tyler, was also wearing jeans so we can confirm that you can wear denim in the sun without your dick falling off.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

:cry: You guys don't include me in anything! A bloo bloo bloo.
:) Ok sorry we treated you that way. Want some lizard?
:cry: NOOOOOOOOOOO

Playing amateur psychologist, and based only on what we've seen from her on this show, it feels like Nina still has a lot of baggage from having lost her hearing. That, in itself, is understandable. But expecting everyone else to work around your disabilities and hangups in a competition where removing you from the game is a convenient and attractive option? That's ridiculous.

In short, Nina fuckin sucks (at Survivor).

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
nina had decided she was an outsider before she even got to the island and nothing was going to change her mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
She's one of those people who hates being left out of things but also doesn't want to be social.

She's that person who gets upset if they're not invited to a party, but will never show up.

Who knows why she ever decided to play this game.

• Locked thread