Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I really love the Sector sourcebooks like Suns of Fortune and Lords of Nal Hutta. I don't own any of the player supplements though- do they generally have much content for GMs?

Also, do any of the books include ships that would make good choices for an EotE group to start with instead of the options in the Core?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Gravy Train Robber posted:

I really love the Sector sourcebooks like Suns of Fortune and Lords of Nal Hutta. I don't own any of the player supplements though- do they generally have much content for GMs?

Also, do any of the books include ships that would make good choices for an EotE group to start with instead of the options in the Core?

The Ghtroc 720 from Suns of Fortune is a really good starter ship. Players seem to enjoy the "Space Turtle" for what it is. The player books don't really add anything GM wise, other than a few world tidbits and adventure hooks, but you can pick those up by hitting "Random Article" on Wookieepedia for half an hour.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I paged through what I had, it's mostly just YT variants that meet the basic cost criterion in the Core book, and those aren't very mechanically different enough from the YT-1300.

However there is a luxury yacht in the Core book that meets the cost requirement and I can imagine a pretty interesting party that would start out with a luxury liner.

E: just checked Suns of Fortune, it's just got 3 more CEC ships. Grabbed the next book on my shelf, Enter the Unknown, it's got 3 CEC ships and the Ghtroc. But that's probably the only other viable choice. As legendary as the YT-1300 is, I can't see any group choosing YT-1000 or YG-4210 or YV-560 over the Millennium Falcon as their initial ship.

FISHMANPET fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 5, 2015

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

There is no saving that one. Turned to the grog side, he has.

Yeah pretty much, there is no way he'll change his habits but he is willing to try the game, he had complained about the specialty duce thinking there just a way to get more money out of people but I've told him there is aa chat for using regular dice and well as the gm I bought eough dice for all the players.

Though one more kind of ridiculousness he does prefer to be called a dungeon master than just a game master. Though he is a drat fine DM even if Pathfinder /Dungeons And Dragons isn't my thing really.

And I'll chime in a well for going they do an Imperial Navy book as well if they're going to do the book on Rebel Worlds

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

alg posted:

I've been running campaigns for my college buddies via maptool / roll20 since 2009. None of them will GM :/

I'm not into PBP!

I'm trying to get weekly game of Exalted off the ground, but if you wouldn't mind playing bi monthly, I'd be willing to run one.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I was thinking about a Monday night bi-monthly game on Roll20

Anybody wanna be a gang of kids on the streets of Nar Shadda?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Yeah, the career supplements are great for both Players and GMs. They've got campaign advice on how to integrate players of a given career, as well as some fun new rules tailored toward that particular career (like Homesteads for Colonists, hyperspace travel for Smugglers, etc)

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Mustache Ride posted:

I was thinking about a Monday night bi-monthly game on Roll20

Anybody wanna be a gang of kids on the streets of Nar Shadda?

I could Roll 20, but it'd have to be a little flexible or let me miss on occasion... unless you can get it working on a phone, then I am totally in. As a player, not a GM. Let's do Jedi archaeologists in the Old Republic, unearthing Sith relics!

"It belongs in a Holocron!"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The Warriors: Star Wars edition? :haw:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:getin:

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Quick what's Huttese for "can you dig it!"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

"Caiot uba wat fa?" According to this. However, thats probably dig in the literal sense. :v:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I just realized AoR Strongholds of Resistance gives us the capability to play as Star Wars Big Boss and start Diamond Droids.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

NutritiousSnack posted:

I'm trying to get weekly game of Exalted off the ground, but if you wouldn't mind playing bi monthly, I'd be willing to run one.

Id be in as well. I currently run a game but would love to play.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I've never used roll20, but on Mondays I'm free as a bird.

E. Phoneposting. Bird does not have an f in it.

FishFood fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Mar 5, 2015

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Cool maybe will start a thread or something. This will be fun...

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
Just got the Fly Casual book and it is easily the best EotE supplement they have released thus far. The art is great and the book is packed with expanded rules on handling the business of smuggling, heists and con jobs as well as a more detailed guide on hyperspace travel. There's some expanded gambling rules as well as mechanics for building (and losing) reputation in different different underworld spheres if you want to introduce that level of detail. This is just a fantastic book and really worth getting if for no other reason than the expanded mechanics.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

I'm thinking about running an EotE game soon, and I was planning on setting it in the Corporate Sector. I don't know much about the Star Wars setting and deep canon, so the CS sounds great because I can basically run space Shadowrun and introduce Empire/Rebellion stuff as I get more comfortable. I also like that it's way out on the fringe, so there's potential for strange unexplored worlds (to scout and then exploit for natural resources). Has anyone here done anything cool with the Corporate Sector? Any interesting things or pitfalls I should know before starting a campaign there?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Make sure to explain to your players that CorpSec is a Gibsonian nightmare-land of Mr. Johnsons and TPS reports, and that if they want the core experience of lightsabers, rebel scum and Imperial Star Destroyers, they may find themselves in a lurch.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Also, I'd recommend reading the Han Solo Adventures trilogy, since that is what created the CSA, and still constitutes the majority of fiction that covers the region.

echopapa
Jun 2, 2005

El Presidente smiles upon this thread.
Get your hands on the West End Corporate Sector sourcebook.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Yeah, GMing in Star Wars is great not just because you've got the whole of the EU to pull from, but there's also a nearly 30 year history of RPG content specifically in the universe. Yeah most of the stats are going to be useless, but there's got to be hundreds of already written adventures, just waiting for you to replace a CL4 Stormtrooper with a Stormtrooper [Minion] and stuff like that.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

echopapa posted:

Get your hands on the West End Corporate Sector sourcebook.

I went to find out who posted the link in the Rebels thread to all the d6 stuff so I could credit them, only to find out it was you! Which makes me surprised you didn't link it in your post.

Anyway, here's all the West End Games sourcebooks, and you can find the Corporate Sector one towards the bottom of the list.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

Thanks for the advice, all. I didn't realize the age of the CSA fluff. Looks like most of it predates Empire Strikes Back? I will discuss this offshoot of the galaxy with my players and see what they think; worst case, I just use the same adventure ideas and write in "Stormtroopers" wherever I previously had "Espos."

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

The Malthusian posted:

Thanks for the advice, all. I didn't realize the age of the CSA fluff. Looks like most of it predates Empire Strikes Back? I will discuss this offshoot of the galaxy with my players and see what they think; worst case, I just use the same adventure ideas and write in "Stormtroopers" wherever I previously had "Espos."

Return of the Jedi came out in '83 and the earliest released sourcebook on that page was released in '87. Unless you mean the material that sourcebook is drawing its information from.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
Probably the original fluff, which is the Han Solo Adventures trilogy which dates to 1979. The EU is as old as the movies, really.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

FishFood posted:

Probably the original fluff, which is the Han Solo Adventures trilogy which dates to 1979. The EU is as old as the movies, really.

Splinter of the Mind's Eye is 1978.
Marvel released its first Star Wars comic in 1977.

Yep, that's about right.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
Here I was gonna joke that the first EU story aired on national TV on November 17, 1978.

KJDavid
Nov 22, 2013

My other avatar is a pocke-thingy.

Rannos22 posted:

Here I was gonna joke that the first EU story aired on national TV on November 17, 1978.

drat your eyes for making me recall that dark episode.

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!
I've never been able to make it through a full viewing. Planning another attempt with more friends and booze.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey guys, got a question: how hard/costly would it be to wipe an imperial astromech droid and have it reprogrammed as a pro-rebel (well, "pro-rebel funded privateers who are mainly out for themselves, with the rebels being only half their concern") droid to help me with astrogation checks and possibly also the charismatic team members with their Imperial disguises?
Since I may have stolen one* that needs this 'treatment', and our science/computers character is a pro-droid revolution protocol droid, that I'm hiding this astromech from (at least while it's got the bolt on), otherwise it'll take serious offense and probably try to vent atmo from our ship, or something equally disastrous for the rest of the team.

* It's got a restraining bolt on it at the moment, which is part of the reason why I want it wiped - it probably hates my guts because of that, but things have been hectic (including attacking an Imp observation post and stealing the droid in the fire-swept main building, then performing a blind jump from a planet with a heavy Imperial presence in orbit - with TIE fighters chasing us all the way - and ending up having one success + triumph in the end despite a poo poo-ton of opposing dice, then ending up directly in front of Dantooine, which we were headed for)

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Considering poor as hell moisture farmers can afford to have a droid's memory wiped, I doubt it would be that expensive.

Alternatively: chuck stun grenades at it.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Endman posted:

Considering poor as hell moisture farmers can afford to have a droid's memory wiped, I doubt it would be that expensive.

Alternatively: chuck stun grenades at it.

Yeah, it's pretty much "Open dome, push reset button, wait for the brain to re-boot, TA-DA!"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

I figured you just plug it into some kind of computer system and run format.exe.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Make an easy computer check and if you fail the droid suffers a strain or wound, repeat until you succeed or the droid dies.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Yeah, memory wipes are super easy. The hard thing about memory wipes is if you want to try and keep certain information around, which is portrayed as either impossible or extremely difficult, depending on the source. So turning an imperial droid into a factory model with no loyalty? Totally cool, easy to do. Turning an Imperial Droid into a rebellion lover while keeping their top secret information of what all they know about the empire? Probably not gonna happen unless you're a literal genius.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Yeah, if your character has a magnet, congratulations you're droid has been memory wiped.

KittyEmpress posted:

Yeah, memory wipes are super easy. The hard thing about memory wipes is if you want to try and keep certain information around, which is portrayed as either impossible or extremely difficult, depending on the source. So turning an imperial droid into a factory model with no loyalty? Totally cool, easy to do. Turning an Imperial Droid into a rebellion lover while keeping their top secret information of what all they know about the empire? Probably not gonna happen unless you're a literal genius.

Now I've got the idea for a mad slicer who sets up a lair with a bunch of different droid brains and hard-drives hanging around which he uses to transfer data stolen by droids that he then wipes and sends back out into like an Imperial Base or a major trade hub.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Alright then, well what about dumping the contents of its memory banks onto an external space-HDD for us to look at later, then wiping the droid and programming it to be rebel-aligned? (Just so that it's less likely to be flipped against us by the droid party member, or someone else like Imperials. Since well, it IS a typical black-painted Imp astromech droid)

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Major Isoor posted:

Alright then, well what about dumping the contents of its memory banks onto an external space-HDD for us to look at later, then wiping the droid and programming it to be rebel-aligned? (Just so that it's less likely to be flipped against us by the droid party member, or someone else like Imperials. Since well, it IS a typical black-painted Imp astromech droid)

I think that's really up to the GM. There are no concrete rules on how much space your average Star Wars computer system as available, or the amount of space an entire astromech's memory banks would consume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I made the RollD20 Recruitment thread people who where interested.