Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My one regret from my local GS closing was not getting to nab all their AA carts. Man I need a bigger microsd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Free Drinks posted:

If it ever comes up again, most Gamestops let you do a system transfer in store if you are trading one ds in for another. Though that does bring up the issue that sometimes it can take awhile and you would have to be there the whole time.

At least there shouldn't be too much of an issue, Nintendo has always had good costumer service when it comes to these things when I've had to deal with them.
Yep, the particular GameStop I went to was unwilling to do a transfer in the store, because the manager was a douche I guess.

I did call Nintendo this morning and they put in a transfer request, and I got an email later on with some instructions to follow, but I won't be able to do much until I get home from work.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Xenomrph posted:

Yep, the particular GameStop I went to was unwilling to do a transfer in the store, because the manager was a douche I guess.

I did call Nintendo this morning and they put in a transfer request, and I got an email later on with some instructions to follow, but I won't be able to do much until I get home from work.

If you got the email already you should be good to go. I had to do this on New 3DS launch day (I traded in a 2DS about a year ago and never took my stuff off of it) and it took them about 6 days to do the manual transfer.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

My Smash Bros soundtrack arrived today. Hurray for free poo poo, I guess.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's the 4th and final 3D Outrun interview: http://blogs.sega.com/2015/03/10/sega-3d-classics-3d-out-run-part-4/

This one covers the process of writing and implementing the new music, as well as the end credits.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Xenomrph posted:

Unless they had wifi, you wouldn't be able to do it. It also takes hours to do and that alone can make some managers a bit anxious. Not that Gamestop managers can't be assholes, however.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's the 4th and final 3D Outrun interview: http://blogs.sega.com/2015/03/10/sega-3d-classics-3d-out-run-part-4/

This one covers the process of writing and implementing the new music, as well as the end credits.

Am I the only one who liked Hang On better and is looking forward to that more?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Super Hang-On's been out for ages now, unless you mean you're waiting for the sale.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

noirstronaut posted:

Unless they had wifi, you wouldn't be able to do it. It also takes hours to do and that alone can make some managers a bit anxious. Not that Gamestop managers can't be assholes, however.

Everyone says this, but I deleted DKCR because it was the biggest game I had, kept the save, and my system transfer was like 30 minutes.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
So I decided to try the Hulu Plus trial they were advertising in the 3DS eShop, followed the directions, and only got a one week trial. Googling the issue seems to show multiple people complaining about the same thing. Is Hulu lying about how long their trials are a legit thing?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

If anybody wants Japanese Club Nintendo codes, I have a couple lying around for Ouendan 2 and a Classic Controller Pro:

AO2J B1PW WJHS 6YZ0
R2K1 5DQG H7S1 F640

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

JustJeff88 posted:

Am I the only one who liked Hang On better and is looking forward to that more?
Uhhhhh Super Hang-On has been out for well over a year dude

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

So I decided to try the Hulu Plus trial they were advertising in the 3DS eShop, followed the directions, and only got a one week trial. Googling the issue seems to show multiple people complaining about the same thing. Is Hulu lying about how long their trials are a legit thing?

I had Hulu Plus for a little while. It's not worth the price and the interface/ability to manage your shows is horrible. Definitely worst streaming service I've used.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

noirstronaut posted:

If they have Wifi it should only take like 10 minutes, especially if you already have your games on a Micro SD card. Seriously, I charged mine then had to go to work in an hour and not only did the transfer, but also had time to redo my password since I forgot it, and swap out SD cards.

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006

Cat Machine posted:

Uhhhhh Super Hang-On has been out for well over a year dude

Can you blame him? The store blows, it'd be super easy to miss it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

gypsyshred posted:

Can you blame him? The store blows, it'd be super easy to miss it.

I feel a bit silly for not having known about it, but I legitimately have never seen it on the shop. The first time I heard about it was PSNs upcoming sales preview just a few days ago, and since I hadn't heard about it before I assumed that all of those old Sega classics were just now being released at reduced prices.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Fremry posted:

I had Hulu Plus for a little while. It's not worth the price and the interface/ability to manage your shows is horrible. Definitely worst streaming service I've used.

Counterpoint: it has a poo poo ton of stuff from the Criterion Collection.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, there's a Wii U cross-buy exploit with OlliOlli: if you buy the game with multiple NNIDs linked to your Wii U, they'll all be able to download the 3DS version for free. Oops!

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

That actually seems to be the only other option Nintendo has for cross-buy at the moment besides the MvsDK way of doing it (codes) as evidenced by the dev's statement about the "exploit."

"Before opting in to Nintendo's Buy One Get One Free initiative, the company made clear that we could do it one of two ways, and both were potentially open to exploitation beyond our control. Despite this, we're very happy with the cross-buy sales on Nintendo's platforms so far, and will be taking part in the initiative again where possible."

Anyway they have to be already linked; you can't link them after the fact and still get it one the 3DSes.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Lobster posted:

That actually seems to be the only other option Nintendo has for cross-buy at the moment besides the MvsDK way of doing it (codes) as evidenced by the dev's statement about the "exploit."

"Before opting in to Nintendo's Buy One Get One Free initiative, the company made clear that we could do it one of two ways, and both were potentially open to exploitation beyond our control. Despite this, we're very happy with the cross-buy sales on Nintendo's platforms so far, and will be taking part in the initiative again where possible."

Anyway they have to be already linked; you can't link them after the fact and still get it one the 3DSes.

So buying OlliOlli doesn't do the whole "the 3DS download code is in the receipt" thing?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No, it just adds the other version of the game to your NNID.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Is there an exploit with the TIpping Stars thing? And is the dev saying Nintendo knew full well of the exploit and opted to not fix it, but warn him beforehand?

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

noirstronaut posted:

Is there an exploit with the TIpping Stars thing? And is the dev saying Nintendo knew full well of the exploit and opted to not fix it, but warn him beforehand?

Yeah basically that's what the dev is saying. I'm not sure Nintendo CAN fix it based on their account system at this time.

With Tipping Stars the "exploit" is you get a code for the opposite system that you can sell or even just give away to someone for free who didn't buy the game from Nintendo themselves.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Nintendo reps I've spoken to explicitly described the Tipping Stars thing as "buy one, get one free" instead of cross-buy so it definitely seems like they're aware of how clunky it is.

That might also be why they're charging $20 for it - they're thinking of it as two copies of a $10 game.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Sorry for quickly jumping to another topic, but are there any good 16-bit eShop games that aren't Shantae? I already have Pirate's Curse on my wishlist after I beat Risky's Revenge.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

noirstronaut posted:

Sorry for quickly jumping to another topic, but are there any good 16-bit eShop games that aren't Shantae? I already have Pirate's Curse on my wishlist after I beat Risky's Revenge.

The Mighty Switch Force games go on sale tomorrow.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Discount Viscount posted:

The Mighty Switch Force games go on sale tomorrow.

Rad, I'll be able to grab all of those for under $10 and then the new Shantae for $15.

e: When does the sale go live? It says the 12th and that's *right frickin' now*

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

noirstronaut posted:

e: When does the sale go live? It says the 12th and that's *right frickin' now*
When the eShop updates with new releases and poo poo.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Just check back in the evening. They usually take a while to update the store.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The eShop updates at Noon Eastern for NA, and whenever the NOE people in Germany feel like it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 12):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    The Fall - €9.99 / £6.99
    My Style Studio: Notebook - €2.99 / £2.69
WII CLASSICS FOR WII U
    Punch-Out!! - €19.99 / £17.99 (requires Wiimote)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Metroid Zero Mission (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force HD (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U eShop) - €1.25 / £1.25 until March 19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (Wii U eShop) - €12.74 / £11.99 until March 19
    Rock Zombie (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until March 26
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until April 1

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3D Outrun - €4.99 / £4.49
    Shanghai Mahjong - €7.99 / £7.19
    Undead Bowling - £4.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Crazy Construction - €6.99 / £4.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Atlantic Quest - €6.99 / £4.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Murder on the Titanic - €7.99 / £5.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Secret Agent Files: Miami - £5.99 (permanent price reduction)
    Castle Conqueror EX - £3.19 (permanent price reduction)
    Sweet Memories Blackjack - £3.19 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - €8.49 / £6.79 until March 19
    Proun+ (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.50 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force (3DS eShop) - 12.49 / £1.34 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (3DS eShop) - €1.25 / £1.25 until March 19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (3DS eShop) - €12.74 / £11.99 until March 19
    3D Altered Beast (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Ecco the Dolphin (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Galaxy Force II (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Shinobi III (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Space Harrier (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Streets of Rage (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    3D Super Hang-On (3DS eShop) - €2.49 / £2.24 until March 19
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €13.99 / £11.19 until March 26
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €22.49 / £18.74 until March 26

NA update (week of March 12):

quote:

WII U eSHOP GAMES
    Trine: Enchanted Edition - $14.99; 20% discount for owners of Trine 2 and vice-versa
    Don't Touch Anything Red - $1.79
    My Style Studio: Notebook - $1.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    F-Zero GP Legend (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Tengami (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until March 19
    OlliOlli (Wii U eShop) - $8.49 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force HD (Wii U eShop) - $2.49 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until March 19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (Wii U eShop) - $14.99 until March 19
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until April 1
    PING 1.5+ (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 until April 2

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Codename S.T.E.A.M. - $39.99 (March 13)
    Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - $29.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    3D Outrun - $5.99
    50 Pinch Barrage! - $2.99
    Monster Combine TD - $3.99
    Music On: Electric Guitar - $1.99
    Shanghai Mahjong - $7.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    NES Balloon Fighter - $1.99
    Pokemon: Mega Rayquaza - $1.99
    Pokemon: Friends - $1.99
    Pokemon: Hanafuda - $1.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    OlliOlli (3DS eShop) - $8.49 until March 19
    Proun+ (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force (Wii U eShop) - $2.49 until March 19
    Mighty Switch Force 2 (Wii U eShop) - $1.49 until March 19
    Shantae and the Pirates Curse (Wii U eShop) - $14.99 until March 19
    Space Lift Danger Panic! (3DS eShop) - $1.99 until March 20
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $14.99 from March 16-23
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until March 26
    Pheonix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - "on sale" until March 26
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until March 27
    Code of Princess (3DS) - "on sale" from March 16-30
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - "on sale" from March 16-30
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

I wish NOA would list the sales prices for everything instead of just saying "on sale" but they never will.

Zero Mission is a must-buy, no excuses. F-Zero GP Legend is a hell of a lot better than Maximum Velocity and arguably the best 2D F-Zero. Punch-Out does require a Wiimote to play, even though it can and should be played entirely with button presses. Sorry!

Outrun is eternal, and all those discounted (in PAL-land) Sega 3D Classics are worth picking up, too.

50 Pinch Barrage is a game by Masanobu Endou, the famous-in-Japan developer who made Xevious and Tower of Druaga, and it looks like a goofy bullshit-filled tribute to Pitfall.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Where's my Zero Mission dammit Nintendo!!

Those are some incredible sales prices for Mighty Switch Force, I guess I'll pick those up.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did the 3DS version of Mighty Switch Force 1 get some extra free content after the Wii U version came out? Or was it the other way around? Or did they both get stuff and now they're even?

Meanwhile, the Wii U version of 2 was basically a slapdash port of the 3DS version, right?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Might Switch Force got like 5-6 bonus levels, yeah

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Minidust posted:

Did the 3DS version of Mighty Switch Force 1 get some extra free content after the Wii U version came out? Or was it the other way around? Or did they both get stuff and now they're even?

The Wii U version was redrawn in HD and there are remixed "hyper" versions of each stage that aren't in the 3DS version.

MSF2 and Shantae Pirate's Curse are the same game on both platforms, more or less.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

According to Wikipedia, the Wii U version of the first Mighty Switch Force has Hyper Mode, harder versions of all the stages. (pah, beaten)

I thiiiink I want it on 3DS though. I guess they're cheap enough that I could get both, are the Hyper levels accessible from the beginning or do you have to beat the game first to unlock that?

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ah thanks. I've already got MSF1 on Wii U, and MSF2 on 3DS, so sounds like I'm pretty well covered!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

why the gently caress does NA get yet another completely worthless 2D FZero instead of Zero Mission

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

MinibarMatchman posted:

why the gently caress does NA get yet another completely worthless 2D FZero instead of Zero Mission

Better yet, why the gently caress does Euroland keep getting new Wii Classics and Amerikkka hasn't got anything since MPT. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007

MinibarMatchman posted:

Yeah, what a loving ripoff... I was so excited that we could be getting Zero Mission this week :(