Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

How do you guys feel about deep fried mushrooms or zucchini as a burg side?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Homemade chips need more love. The crispier the better.

Anyway if you're in Charlotte or Denver (don't ask me why those two), check out Bad Daddy's Burger Bar. They're legit. http://baddaddysburgerbar.com/

It's all good, though don't ask me if the salads are decent I have no loving clue. Only thing I didn't like was the buttermilk fried bacon, which sounds like a decent idea in theory but didn't work out at all. But otherwise, it's concrete there.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I remember one time when I was a teenager i was at Applebees with the crew. Ordered my usual cowboy burger.

Food takes forever to come out and i end up having to use the restroom. I come back and from a distance see the food on the table, loving yes.

Get there, sit down, and as i am about to dig in, i realize that my cowboy burger was missing at least one critical component. There was no god damned burger pattie on it.

I automatically assumed sabotage but my friends were pretty convincing about saying they didnt gently caress with it.

Took another 10 minutes to finally get my god damned burg on. Iirc, the waitress didnt even seem all that surprised, or amused at least..

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Applebees sucks. I'm sorry they have also wronged you.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

i'm not really seeing anything in the future that deep fried mushrooms won't make better

you got my +

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

This is the Wu-Tang Style burger from The Butcher's Club's secret menu in Hong Kong.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sliced single grilled, marinated portabella mushroom as a layer on a burger with swiss, caramelized onions, and what kind of bun? Brioche?

poo poo does a whole portabella even work? Or does it gently caress the flavor all up.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Dandywalken posted:

Sliced single grilled, marinated portabella mushroom as a layer on a burger with swiss, caramelized onions, and what kind of bun? Brioche?

poo poo does a whole portabella even work? Or does it gently caress the flavor all up.

mushrooms are real wet even when they are cooked so it's gonna make the bun wet.

Old Dirty Cumburgs posted:

This is the Wu-Tang Style burger from The Butcher's Club's secret menu in Hong Kong.

does this have noodles?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Dandywalken posted:

Will call it "The Penance Burg". I'll be absolved of sins with every bite.

Substitute turkey for burg?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Sinners%20Sandwich

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

C. Everett Koop posted:

Homemade chips need more love. The crispier the better.

I heartily agree. Home made chips with some sort of homemade sauce to dip them in owns.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Jehde posted:

All forms of deep fried potato are good, but waffle fries are the best.

gently caress. Yes.

The place right down the street from me (it's a bar but the food owns) has amazing waffle fries. Also goddamn good burgs

menu pic is kinda meh, they look way better when you actually get them

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Just caught up in here from page 24 idly during smoke breaks at work. Time to burg after I get off today.

E:Ahhh forgot I gotta work in my resume and shave my head after work. Hopefully I'll still have time to get a burg at the bar across the street maybe.

Honky Dong Country fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Mar 11, 2015

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Avernus posted:

Just caught up in here from page 24 idly during smoke breaks at work. Time to burg after I get off today.

E:Ahhh forgot I gotta work in my resume and shave my head after work. Hopefully I'll still have time to get a burg at the bar across the street maybe.

lol you asked for tougher moderation in gbs 2.1 and got probated for it

the system works

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Fetus Tree posted:

the system works

lol

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

wow that's easily one of the best 6 hours i've ever seen.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Sweet Tea posted:

does this have noodles?

It doesn't

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

the secret... wu tang.. burger?? the wu tang secret.. burger?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Good Cheeseburger Aint Nothin' To gently caress With

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Fetus Tree posted:

the system works

Yeeeah made an ill-advised lovely post in a thread I prolly should've known better than to gently caress with. Lesson learned.

As for burgin': It went good and bad. My bar dropped a burg I was diggin' on lately. Kinda sucked but I went with my backup instead. 1/4 lb. beef patty with cheddar, bacon, mustard, ketchup, pickle, and onion. I'm not really big on the mayo school of burgs. Too dark to take a picture without flash at the bar like a weirdo though. Honestly you could prolly find what my burger looked like with a Google search of those ingredients. Sorry guys, I'll post burgin' pictures next time I make some at home.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

is it mayo? what's the tape worm looking poo poo on that wu tang burger?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Sweet Tea posted:

is it mayo? what's the tape worm looking poo poo on that wu tang burger?
that my friend is the wu-tang secret

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Put a patty on a loving stove and let that poo poo sit there for like a half hour. Take it off and stick it in your mouth slow like ssssssss

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Ron Jeremy posted:

Put a patty on a loving stove and let that poo poo sit there for like a half hour. Take it off and stick it in your mouth slow like ssssssss

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm not sure Method Man is someone you want to take cooking advice from.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I will take one of the Old Dirty Bastburgs, please.
What?
Yes. Live and uncut.

Thank you.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Big Beef City posted:

I will take one of the Old Dirty Bastburgs, please.
What?
Yes. Live and uncut.

Thank you.

Just bring me the cow and half a dozen beers. I'll cut off what I want from it, stuff it in a bun, and ride the rest home. :black101:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

GET MY BELT SON fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Mar 12, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
would, ad infinitum

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Unlike my namesake, when it comes to burgers, I do NOT like it raw

Nebelwerfer
Jul 25, 2008

He carried our avenging steel over the Rhine,
He drank the emperor's toast from the Danube.

:eyepop:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Are those burgers what they feed you and feed you after your rear end in a top hat gets sown up?

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Dude, Jack in the Box Buttery Jack Bacon Swiss burger is, though perhaps one of the more unhealthy things I've eaten recently, certainly one of the tastier.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Bip Roberts posted:

Are those burgers what they feed you and feed you after your rear end in a top hat gets sown up?

I won't say its impossible.

They might also pick a hamburger and WILD STYLE fries from Caliburger.

Caliburger is essentially an Asian In-and-Out. They really want to convey that this is a California burger chain, complete with west coast hip-hop and pop music videos playing on the large TVs, and sun-and-surf decor, but it doesn't exist outside Asia.

Unlike American fast food joints, they serve bourbon milkshakes and mixed drinks.

Dece burg, but try the Wild Style Fries. Melted cheese, wild sauce (thousand island), and grilled onions. poo poo is too good to be allowed, and my weak will is saved by the fact that it's an hour across town, so I get a good walk in for my sins.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

that looks great.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

holy poo poo my drunk rear end hosed those img tags up

fixed nlw

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
drat burger thread got big yo

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

sometimes when life gets you down all you need is a good burg to show you things will be alright

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

also I'm really digging the spinach on burgs instead of lettuce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Speaking of Asian In-n-Out clones, here's Cry Cheeseburger in Korea:

• Locked thread