Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

What even is this? Has anybody on Team Luann even been to a wedding?
There are art galleries that host weddings and serve alcohol? Doesn't that just scream disaster and liability?

quote:

Sally Forth

Oh yeah. I self-published a children's book on Amazon and completely forgot about it. It took like eight hours to write and draw and sold seven or so copies. Update: Just checked; It's ranked #2 million in Kindle books, haha.

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

Sorry, I too know that it is old.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Luann's professor was Zebo, right? I guess we get an example of his work in this strip.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Dustin

I've always found structured learning boring. Even the "fun" classes like art or music or whatever get boring.

Bleeker

Just get Lila to do it :geno:

On the Fastrack

That is all really tame as far as internet ridicule goes.

Safe Havens

Wait so Dave and mom want Sam to start a family but she doesn't? I'm pretty sure it's still Sam's decision and mom needs to GTFO.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo, in which Albert feels the squeeze. (March 13, 1968)

Peanuts: Year Two (May 8-10, 1952)

Super-Fun-Pak Comix

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Wait I'm confused. When and how did they realize Mysterio thought Peter was Spider-Man so they set this whole thing up?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

I love this comic except that the women in it always look so Donna Reed. It's weird because the men are all drawn with so much character. We have Ben Bolt, our handsome hunky male lead, but then they gave him freckles (off the top of my head, I have a hard time thinking of any other adult comic characters with freckles). Ben's buddy Spider looks kind of like Don Knotts, but he also absolutely looks like a guy who spent a large chunk of his life getting punched in the face professionally. Even the guest character for this arc, George, looks like he came out of the womb a 45-year-old bitter alcoholic. And then a woman shows up and she's all GENERIC PLEASANT 50'S FEMALE. I mostly love the art in this comic, but that bugs me.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

You could change the title of this particular comic to "Working Daze" and it would go virtually unnoticed.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Wait, so what happened to Alice cutting that conehead guy's dick off?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Simian_Prime posted:

You could change the title of this particular comic to "Working Daze" and it would go virtually unnoticed.
Well yeah, everyone scrolls past Working Daze.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I actually kinda like Glop #53.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

For people who draw and write for a living the Evans really have it in for the art world.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

Oh good! He can hold down the fort until the Phantom shows up.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Wha.. how,.. what is even happening here?

Jane's World

Non Sequitur

Could somebody Red & Rover this? I have no clue why it's supposed to be funny.

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Kliban's Cats

9 Chickweed Lane 3/12/2004

Well, it is true.

Zits

Kevin & Kell

Pro wrestling? I wonder what that looks like in this universe.

Oh Nemi! :v:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Wha.. how,.. what is even happening here?

Compu-toon. Compu-toon is happening.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts, in which the pushback begins. (March 14, 1968)

Dewey Dawner Mopey Pete's Silver Age Fantasy

Popeye

Pretty casual for a guy who probably just knocked over a bank.

Rip Haywire still hasn't figured out there's a new member in the cast.

Out Our Way (October 18-19, 1926)

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

Poptropica

Ok, that's it, I'm out. If someone else wants to pick up this strip, feel free.

Heathcliff

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (October 18-19, 1926)

I sure hope "nail in their pancake" is an idiom.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Pro wrestling? I wonder what that looks like in this universe.

... well, you asked.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Pffffhaha, right buddy. More like had to rely on school to put me through pro wrestling.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

:(

The Dinette Set know an upgrade when they see it.

Working Daze has a running gag where Roy has the most bizarre nerd-boner for George Takei. I mean, nobody's going to argue that Takei isn't one of the most awesome people on the planet but come on.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Pastry of the Year posted:

I sure hope "nail in their pancake" is an idiom.

If you haven't eaten yet, do not Google "nail in their pancake". It's...unpleasant. :barf:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

this is hilarious.

I love the stilted dialog in mandrake "There's no old. Sarge--- Report to hospital for exam. Bzzzzzzzz"

that is some amazingly hosed up anatomy

Good thing Peter saves year old X-rays of his chest.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I read it. I read it every time. I don't even want to but I do. It makes me angry. For some reason, more than anything--more than the perspective, more than the "jokes", more than the characters, more than the flying guy in the latest strip there seriously what the hell was that, that loving water bottle makes me the angriest. I irrationally hate that water bottle. I don't even know why.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RainbowCake posted:

I read it. I read it every time. I don't even want to but I do. It makes me angry. For some reason, more than anything--more than the perspective, more than the "jokes", more than the characters, more than the flying guy in the latest strip there seriously what the hell was that, that loving water bottle makes me the angriest. I irrationally hate that water bottle. I don't even know why.

Did you see the texture on flying guy's donut? It will give you an aneurysm.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've been reading this thread for years and never realized that strip even existed until you told me.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Did you see the texture on flying guy's donut? It will give you an aneurysm.

oh god why :arghfist::saddowns:

...still not as bad as the water bottle though

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The thing about Working Daze that gets me is that a lot of the time it's incredibly bland workplace/nerd humor of the easy Big Bang Theory level; nerd references and "<character> has <characteristic>" jokes with Zakour continuing to tell the "joke" after the punchline about half the time. And yeah there are gams but they're not as bad as, say, Brooke, and honestly there's nothing inherently wrong with digging legs.

But as you're getting used to all that and getting lulled into a mild doze, you slam right into the brick wall of some weird-rear end thing where someone gets hypnotized into being a bench for another character or someone getting *~POOF~*ed and turned into food or an animal or whatever.

(And yeah, I know it's all supposed to be a cartoony joke, but the idea of someone being turned into an inanimate object or food is a huge :gonk: thing for me and I hate when it comes up in the comic.)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Look at that happy little sun. :3:

Mary Worth

Here we go...

Rex Morgan MD

Throw all of them in the exam room! Make them strip!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Hitting the road for a few days, catch-up when I get back.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

EasyEW posted:

Dewey Dawner Mopey Pete's Silver Age Fantasy

It always catches me flat-footed when Tom Batiuk starts crying about how c-c-commerce ruined his pure Golden Age High Art comic books, but I get a huge laugh out of it every time, so shine on, you idiotic diamond :)

Naming the comic company "Batom" is just pure :jerkbag: though

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Intelligent Life

:lol: That would be a really good burn on the manchild slob if I didn't know we were supposed to always side with him.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Wait I'm confused. When and how did they realize Mysterio thought Peter was Spider-Man so they set this whole thing up?
The only way Spiderman can, retroactively. :pseudo:

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Attitude Indicator posted:

Don't mind me, just carrying my blood-scribble sexdoll with my tiny tiny hands past some diagonal golden-shower orgasmic hokey-pokey—I don't even know. Goddamn.

ART

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bigass Dog Comix Catch Up Post

When we last left Poncho, he had successfully become friends with Benjamin Franklin, the Mailman's Dog. He had also forgotten that he's been to his house before.

And the syndicate colourist apparently does enough research to know that Canadians do not wear shoes in the house, but then screws up not only the joke but also the plot by colouring a t-shirt and a pair of sweatpants like it's a postal service uniform.

Gotta keep us on our toes, after all.

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze has a running gag where Roy has the most bizarre nerd-boner for George Takei. I mean, nobody's going to argue that Takei isn't one of the most awesome people on the planet but come on.

Not really a work appropriate dress there.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Alterian posted:

Not really a work appropriate dress there.

Based on the way she's standing, it seriously looks like she's hiking her skirt up in the back and scratching her butt.

Kind of like this classic shot (yeah, linked because it's probably :nws: even though it's been around for, like 40 years):

http://i.imgur.com/MWVMZCM.jpg

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Attitude Indicator posted:

I hate to quote myself from the last page but drat it I worked harder than Brooke on this!

e: WHY MUST DETECTIVE TINY HANDS BE CURSED TO ALWAYS BE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE :smith:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Mar 12, 2015

• Locked thread