Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

lol what a joke of a sport.

i saw mario lemieux do something very similar (more impressive, actually, because it involved "picking up" the puck and taking a few steps) once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Shaggar posted:

lol what a joke of a sport.
all "sports" outside of track & field/original greek olympics and immediate derivatives (archery) are jokes and their participants are not athletes in any meaningful sense

which is not to say i care about track & field/original greek olympics but still

sports shaggaring at shaggar mmm boy thursday morning motherfuckers

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

all "sports" outside of track & field/original greek olympics and immediate derivatives (archery) are jokes and their participants are not athletes in any meaningful sense

which is not to say i care about track & field/original greek olympics but still

sports shaggaring at shaggar mmm boy thursday morning motherfuckers

shaggar in the pics thread
tori in cjs
here i am
stuck in the middle with you

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

prefect posted:

i saw mario lemieux do something very similar (more impressive, actually, because it involved "picking up" the puck and taking a few steps) once

hockey players are constantly trying that poo poo but defensemen can actually defend in hockey and also the goal isn't 10 miles wide so the goalie is a thing. when you see players effectively pulling that stuff off its usually cause they're really goddamned good (but also sometimes the defense just sucks)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

hockey players are constantly trying that poo poo but defensemen can actually defend in hockey and also the goal isn't 10 miles wide so the goalie is a thing. when you see players effectively pulling that stuff off its usually cause they're really goddamned good (but also sometimes the defense just sucks)

i have a theory that hockey is the same as soccer, just in a smaller area and with more equipment. the rules have a lot of similarities

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its a similar game, but hockey is faster and more physical. theres a lot more that can go into playmaking in hockey and since it has to happen so quickly its far more entertaining.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

i have a theory that hockey is the same as soccer, just in a smaller area and with more equipment. the rules have a lot of similarities
hockey and soccer are both like whose line is it anyway, where everything is made up and the points don't matter

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

hockey and soccer are both like whose line is it anyway, where everything is made up and the points don't matter

and there's only one black guy :haw:

(okay, that's really hockey-only)

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

prefect posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/feb/19/police-complaint-victim-of-racist-chelsea-fans-souleymane-paris

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

woodhouse burning down the 'pos this morning

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILGrNzloMSU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0u4M6vppCI

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Kenny Logins posted:

i prefer cricket, there's a lot of yelling and throwing things and the score seems to be at best tangentially related to whatever's happening out on the pitch

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i will probably never not like the "you look for your car but you're all turned around" at about 0:27

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TG0cnXL3BQ

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

:wotwot:
All sports are pretty great. I like to watch them on TV to distract me from the meaninglessness of It All.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Baseball is my favorite because there are like 2500 games to watch as I sit on a couch, not thinking about how inconsequential my existence is.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

#NoLivesMatter

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Chorrax posted:

All sports are pretty great. I like to know they are on TV to remind me of the meaninglessness of It All.

Chorrax
May 11, 2007

Live baseball streaming
Baseball is one of the most unfamiliar to the European game but not losing the interest because of its wide popularity. Now this kind of sport only starts winning popularity in the world, but, speaking in relation to the USA, Cuba and a number of the East Asian countries, it is necessary to tell that there baseball is at the success peak for a long time. Especially Americans like baseball too much, though only the title is common with America while the history of this game originates in the far Middle Ages. In many countries of the world there were and there are variations of this game with a bat and a ball, but only Americans could bring it to the level of national property in the sports environment and create the baseball championship strongest today. Matches of the Main Baseball League of MLB collect tens of thousands of spectators which are waited with guarantee by a fascinating show with participation of the strongest teams of the world at stadiums. Much attention is paid also to the television translations shown by leading sports channels of America. However it is necessary to recognize that baseball after all concedes in the popularity to the American soccer therefore and in a program schedule it appears less than soccer. But it all doesn't mean that fans of this sport can't watch baseball online. On the contrary, visiting our portal into the baseball section, any fan can watch at once in several windows the most interesting meetings of the day that can't be made on TV where only one meeting can be shown.
Baseball is interesting also because unlike other sports it is most similar to a show in which not only athletes participate, but also spectators. Certainly, the predominating part is assigned to nine players on the field, but also spectators shouldn't miss. They are entertained constantly by the support group run by mascots of teams, and the main event for any fan is home-ran – kick after which the ball flies to the stands where all try to catch it and leave it to themselves as a peculiar souvenir by all guests of stadium without exception. Live streaming video Baseball on the Internet are bad, perhaps, only that in breaks between attack and defense changes, we can't see what occurs at stadium because of the advertising. For the present baseball is in a shadow of soccer, hockey and other games, however it is quite probable that in the near future situation will change thanks to abundance of online translations.
Maximum of broadcastings
Live streaming video Baseball, – 24 hours per day, 7 days per week only on our website. You will find the widest choice of sports translations for every taste.
It was never so convenient to watch Free Live Sport Streams Baseball, – hundreds matches on tens kinds of sports are at distance of only one click.
Watch Free Live Sport Streams and discuss peripetias of matches with friends – feel in the center of the world of sports! It is more than sports, it is more than sports translations, and it is more drive only on Drakulastream.eu.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

well if the onion endorses it, sure... xanax here i come

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

prefect fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 12, 2015

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
RIP pterry :(

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

hahah, yeah, new york city, right guys

sweats, eyes dart nervously around, hoping there are no follow up questions

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

im not anything in this; nothing particularly resonates with me

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Glorgnole posted:

im not anything in this; nothing particularly resonates with me

im the meatsea

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

drat

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Can't say I ever read a Pratchett, I am no true yosposter

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Linguica posted:

i was late coming to pratchett, but once i got started, i plowed through piles of books as fast as i could. the first couple, he hadn't quite hit his stride, but there's a long string of amazingly funny, insightful, charming, et cetera stories. great stuff, really

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Linguica posted:

i'm saving pratchett for prison

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kenny Logins posted:

i'm saving pratchett for prison

its always good to plan ahead

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

:lol:

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Liver Disaster posted:

its always good to plan ahead

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

this is the future we were promised

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

https://twitter.com/moochava/status/354986725388468224

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the future is qt

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
person is using a smartphone, computer related.

http://i.imgur.com/SqcfrRg.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread