Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Carrasco posted:

It's like if you saw someone take off their hoodie and their face was literally :)
More like if their face was something that made our faces look like :) in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
That is the most adorable looking rabbit ever drawn and gosh I wish it were avatar-sized

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Or something like this, perhaps.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 11, 2015

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Calaveron posted:

That is the most adorable looking rabbit ever drawn and gosh I wish it were avatar-sized

Take your pick;

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Paul.Power posted:

Or something like this, perhaps.

Simpsons already did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsbLffv2y3U

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dragonatrix posted:

Take your pick;

Perfect, thanks. Now to wait for my next paycheck

Pingcode
Feb 25, 2011
Once upon a time there were four little rabbits, and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and the Guardener.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Guys, this webcomic for children is too hard for me to understand! Can anybody explain it to me please?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Actually, it's about ethics in rabbit fashion journalism.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
The second voiced chapter is out, nerds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF5ZvoEGwCk

Credit to Gigi for the comic, MajinZelpher for the mixing, etc etc

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 12, 2015

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
I like to think Sir Carrot is freaking out especially hard because he is named after a real rabbit's favorite treat.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

WarpedNaba posted:

Is this related to JelloApocalypse's fandub? or is it completely separate?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think the first one fell apart for reasons?

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
*~wink~*

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Okay, that wink-face was pretty freaky.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Megazver posted:

Okay, that wink-face was pretty freaky.

I wish there wasn't a diagonal cut on the previous panel so you could gif them together.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
:what:

Like, is this supposed to be funny ha ha funny or funny like how your given $5 Adult Swim original is aggressively not ?

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 12, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Blackheart posted:

That's the most foul, cruel, and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on!

Rabbits are not rodents
:goonsay:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Oz posted:

Is this related to JelloApocalypse's fandub? or is it completely separate?

Nah, it broke up after Gigi gave them the finger over pretty much nothing.

ConanThe3rd posted:

:what:

Like, is this supposed to be funny ha ha funny or funny like how your given $5 Adult Swim original is aggressively not ?

is it not up to your standards

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ConanThe3rd posted:

Pfft, cmon, it's a cute throwaway gag and it's only taken up like maybe an extra page over what it would without the gag. Don't worry about it.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

WarpedNaba posted:

I dislike the voices for that.

That NK just sounds bored, which I guess in in character, but it presents no ambiance of oppression that would actually scare Cordelia. It feels like Ben Stein is trying to be threatening. Cordelia sounds like a woman trying to sound high class, it just doesn't work.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Gamerofthegame posted:

Nah, it broke up after Gigi gave them the finger over pretty much nothing.

I thought Gigi didn't have anything to do with that, and he just stopped the dub for other reasons.

EDIT: Oh, this was what happened.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 12, 2015

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

CrashCat posted:

Pfft, cmon, it's a cute throwaway gag and it's only taken up like maybe an extra page over what it would without the gag. Don't worry about it.

Well, no. lt wasn't really funny (and, frankly really off. The "Glitchmaster talking like Earthbound" thing made sense due to the whole emulating 90s JRPG thing going on but the idea of photorealistic things existing in CQ had nothing to go on) and, giving S/he has the letter, s/he will have to show up again where the joke will still not be funny then.

Like I said, it comes off as a very Adult Swim, Tim and Eric sort of not-joke.

Hell, I'da thunk it was an April Fools strip that ended up ahead of the schedule it's so off.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Mar 12, 2015

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Yep, hyperrealism in cartoony art certainly isn't joke that has been used in comics and cartoons for decades.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Zero_Tactility posted:

Yep, hyperrealism in cartoony art certainly isn't joke that has been used in comics and cartoons for decades.

Well it didn't work in this very instance.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The rabbit is bad and ruining everything, like all rabbits.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Elmer Fudd was right.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ConanThe3rd posted:

s/he will have to show up again where the joke will still not be funny then.
You don't know that. Even then they could just wear the hood and pretend it never happened, and then the overreaction by the people who know what is under the hood would be a quick, throwaway callback. If you get this worked up over one short gag missing the mark I hope to god you never read any other comics, your head might explode.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well it didn't work in this very instance.

actually it did

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

Well, no. lt wasn't really funny (and, frankly really off. The "Glitchmaster talking like Earthbound" thing made sense due to the whole emulating 90s JRPG thing going on but the idea of photorealistic things existing in CQ had nothing to go on) and, giving S/he has the letter, s/he will have to show up again where the joke will still not be funny then.

Like I said, it comes off as a very Adult Swim, Tim and Eric sort of not-joke.

Hell, I'da thunk it was an April Fools strip that ended up ahead of the schedule it's so off.

You are literally complaining about a drawing of a bunny rabbit.

For the sake of those who at least pretend to care about you, re-evaluate the life choices which brought you to this point.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Eh, I didn't really feel it either. I mean, it's not like I'm gonna stop reading the comic or anything, but it's had stronger moments.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

It probably only feels off right now because we will learn in a couple weeks time or couple days that the Guardener is the plant kingdom princess using illusion magic to goof around and protect the kingdom's treasure.

Who else would be fit to rule over/ protect the people of a plant kingdom other then a Gardener?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

CrashCat posted:

You don't know that. Even then they could just wear the hood and pretend it never happened, and then the overreaction by the people who know what is under the hood would be a quick, throwaway callback. If you get this worked up over one short gag missing the mark I hope to god you never read any other comics, your head might explode.

Its not the first time he's overreacted to this comic a few months ago he was posting about how cabbage and almond should be slowly and graphically killed.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Eh, I didn't really feel it either. I mean, it's not like I'm gonna stop reading the comic or anything, but it's had stronger moments.

Kind of where I'm standing. If anything, it makes me wonder where exactly Gigi is trying to go with that story, because it's not the first element that does not seem to fit the rest of the story. (Commander Caboodle, Glitchmaster, parts of the Noisemaster chapter...) So the conclusion is that the story that Gigi's trying to tell is not the story that it seems she's telling. As long as it doesn't go all Homestuck it'll probably be okay in the end.

Alternatively, she was so offended at being called a vanilla writer that she's deliberately tossing jarring elements.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gigi has said that this gag is one of the oldest surviving elements from the very first serious plans for Cucumber Quest, so probably not.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

You are literally complaining about a drawing of a bunny rabbit.

For the sake of those who at least pretend to care about you, re-evaluate the life choices which brought you to this point.
Unless it is suddenly not ok to have opinions about the craft of a comic that aren't universally positive I have to say I don't have any regrets for my life choices.

The joke just didn't work for me and I voiced my concern that it'll pop up again to try to be funny (and not succeed) a second time.

I'd love to eat crow on that last part (On it happening, I mean).

zolthorg posted:

It probably only feels off right now because we will learn in a couple weeks time or couple days that the Guardener is the plant kingdom princess using illusion magic to goof around and protect the kingdom's treasure.

Or for this to be the case.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 13, 2015

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

dont eat crows

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ConanThe3rd posted:

Unless it is suddenly not ok to have opinions about the craft of a comic that aren't universally positive I have to say I don't have any regrets for my life choices.
Your opinion is not the problem, it was the "oh god what is this $5 Adult Swim trash" that was overblown for just not liking one gag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ConanThe3rd posted:

The joke just didn't work for me and I voiced my concern that it'll pop up again to try to be funny (and not succeed) a second time.

I'd love to eat crow on that last part (On it happening, I mean).

Or for this to be the case.