Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Swagger Dagger posted:

You're right, there's definitely no sideboard playable enchantment removal in this standard.

Dies to removal. :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Swagger Dagger posted:

You're right, there's definitely no sideboard playable enchantment removal in this standard.

If they are SB'ing around a card that you spend 1 mana to play and don't really have to do anything later in the game to make it good other than play magic, that is a FINE trade off.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Swagger Dagger posted:

Yeah, and that one bolded word is why its good. No one mainboards enchantment removal. And even if they run a couple Back to Nature/Erase, there still isn't the sheer density of it as compared to creature removal.

Goons: Horrible at card evaluation since 1998.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You loving idiots need to stop vomiting your turdposts for a couple of days. It's getting old. This thing is literally more vulnerable than virtually every other creature in standard. The only maindeck removal it dodges is Chained to the Rocks and it also dies to Reclamation Sage which is the loving ~MAINDECK ENCHANTMENT REMOVAL~ you keep pretending doesn't exist. Christ you cunts make MtGS look loving smart.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Yeah, and that one bolded word is why its good. No one mainboards enchantment removal. And even if they run a couple Back to Nature/Erase, there still isn't the sheer density of it as compared to creature removal.

Goons: Horrible at card evaluation since 1998.
With Sieges, Ascendancies, this new enchantment, courser and the gods which could be popping up again, perhaps MB enchantment removal is needed.

Spoiler Chat: My way of Goonvaluation is that every card is amazing and can work in a certain type of deck until I am proven wrong otherwise. Just saying every card is terrible is not even a opinion at all. Got to have optimism!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Toshimo posted:

You loving idiots need to stop vomiting your turdposts for a couple of days. It's getting old. This thing is literally more vulnerable than virtually every other creature in standard. The only maindeck removal it dodges is Chained to the Rocks and it also dies to Reclamation Sage which is the loving ~MAINDECK ENCHANTMENT REMOVAL~ you keep pretending doesn't exist. Christ you cunts make MtGS look loving smart.

If there was a card that said: W: "Target Opponent discards a removal spell" would you play it?

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
It's a terrible late game topdeck though, and even if you do get it online early it will need to be at least a 5/5 to attack into most midrange decks. I can kind of see it as a sideboard option against control, but I think there are better options. A card that does nothing when cast and takes 3-5 turns to be relevant isn't playable in this Standard, even if it only costs one mana.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Toshimo posted:

It also dodges Crux of Fate, Drown in Sorrow, and Anger of the Gods , and if a green deck wants to go out of its way to kill it with Reclamation Sage, that's fine by me. It means one less turn of them throwing fatties at me.

Edit:

Anywho, I'm definitely going to be tinkering with it. R/W enchantments.dec with Myth, Mastery, Sieges, and Chained to the Rocks. :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 12, 2015

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Konstantin posted:

It's a terrible late game topdeck though, and even if you do get it online early it will need to be at least a 5/5 to attack into most midrange decks. I can kind of see it as a sideboard option against control, but I think there are better options. A card that does nothing when cast and takes 3-5 turns to be relevant isn't playable in this Standard, even if it only costs one mana.
I think it depends what shell you're thinking of. I can see it being good as a 2 or 3-of in a UW control shell with some combination of Monastery Mentor, Narset, and Soulfire Grand Master (though the latter is probably outclassed by new Narset). You don't need it to be good immediately since you're countering spells and removing creatures and drawing cards, and then it can swing later on for a bunch once you have board control. I don't think it's great in the Jeskai/RW shells that are running around standard now though, you're right — you just get outclassed by devotion and any form of Aggro/Sligh.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AlternateNu posted:

It also dodges Crux of Fate, Drown in Sorrow, and Anger of the Gods , and if a green deck wants to go out of its way to kill it with Reclamation Sage, that's fine by me. It means one less turn of them throwing fatties at me.

Also End Hostilities but hey what do we know we're just vomiting our turdposts.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Toshimo posted:

lol calm down m8

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Toshimo posted:

So our magic opinions are as good as your women opinions. Gotcha.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mcmagic posted:

If there was a card that said: W: "Target Opponent discards a removal spell" would you play it?

No.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I kind of like Enchantment Guy, for (my) EDH but also as a better win condition for that enchantment pillowfort thing in Modern. It conflicts with Suppression Field and Chalice of the Void, but it also sits around and accumulates value while you durdle aggressively.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I like the idea of casting End Hostilities and then animating it to swing for a bunch, but I don't know if that's what control decks want to be spending a card on. Mutavault filled a similar role, but it went in a land slot so there wasn't as much of a deckbuilding cost.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Toshimo posted:

More vulnerable? It's about AS vulnerable as Courser of Kruphix. Courser has the bigger butt, naturally letting it dodge lighning strike easier, however Stoke The Flames plus all the same enchantment removal kills courser. Myth Realized (or whatever the gently caress its name is) has the potential to dodge both strike and stoke later in the game, but even ignoring that, which I think we should, it dodges sweepers completely. People have dumb opinions, but this is an effect we haven't seen pushed this hard, and as many standard formats have now shown us, dies to removal is not the death knell it once was.

Do I think it could be a control finisher, gently caress no, but I could see it in the spell heavy jeskai tokens and ascendancy decks as a dork that triggers prowess and ascendancy and gains its own boost from things that trigger prowess and ascendancy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Also basic land arts

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

1 drops that don't do anything early and still don't really do anything off the top lategame are traditionally not playable

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Seems alright, but Atarka's is probably the best of the five.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wow, so at the very worst it's a cheaper, instant speed, Hunt the Weak?

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
I'm still a new and terrible player, but that command seems really really good.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I want this to happen.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

That card is EDH rendered down into the form of a single card

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

Love it.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe there's been a printing error, but I don't see Delve on that card.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's actually funny that there are SO many better enchantments in this block than in the Enchantments Matter block.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Dohaeris posted:

I'm still a new and terrible player, but that command seems really really good.

The main problem with it is that it's very bad against control and other permanent-light decks and can get you blown out by removal. I feel like it might not be versatile enough to be a maindeck card and not powerful enough to be a sideboard card, which is a weird spot for a command to be. Seems borderline.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

This is dumb and I love it. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Those Islands are all super pretty.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

Going to open this in every draft I ever do.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

mcmagic posted:

It's actually funny that there are SO many better enchantments in this block than in the Enchantments Matter block.

That's a meaningless comparison, Urza's Block was ages ago man. :v:

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

My petty dream this standard is to use narset to rebound that spell at least once.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Samael posted:

My petty dream this standard is to use narset to rebound that spell at least once.
My dream is to do it against one of those ridiculous GW devotion boards.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Elyv posted:

The main problem with it is that it's very bad against control and other permanent-light decks and can get you blown out by removal. I feel like it might not be versatile enough to be a maindeck card and not powerful enough to be a sideboard card, which is a weird spot for a command to be. Seems borderline.

Control decks play some enchantments. Nyx Fleece Rom, Monetary and Citadel Siege, Banishing Light. I think it's definitely main deckable.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Lancelot posted:

Wow, so at the very worst it's a cheaper, instant speed, Hunt the Weak?

No, at the very worst it's 2 mana for a +1/+1 counter. I'd lay odds that's why it isn't destroy target enchantment.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lancelot posted:

My dream is to do it against one of those ridiculous GW devotion boards.

unless you're playing the mirror, by the time they have their 20 creatures out they've already killed you

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Wezlar posted:

1 drops that don't do anything early and still don't really do anything off the top lategame are traditionally not playable

It doesn't do nothing lategame, it can be an 8-mana bear!

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

My clone edh deck~~~~

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Would that command prevent Crux of Fate from destroying creatures or only prevent direct damage spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Elyv posted:

unless you're playing the mirror, by the time they have their 20 creatures out they've already killed you
Not with my four maindeck Feed the Clan!

• Locked thread