Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

I target myself :madmax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Dohaeris posted:

Would that command prevent Crux of Fate from destroying creatures or only prevent direct damage spells?

Only damage spells. It also wouldn't prevent life loss.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Madmarker posted:

That card is EDH rendered down into the form of a single card

I play a copy/storm edh deck. This is gold beyond compare. This off the top with Melek will just crush 4 man pods. They could not have printed a better card other than "If you play this from the top of your library and copy it you win the game"

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dohaeris posted:

Would that command prevent Crux of Fate from destroying creatures or only prevent direct damage spells?

Only damage. It even says as much. "Prevent all damage target instant or sorcery spell would deal this turn."

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Dohaeris posted:

What does it say on the card?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I am, for absolute certain, going to try this as a 3x in my modern hatebears sideboard. Will it actually be good? Maybe! Is it worth three mana with Thalia on the table? Probably! Am I getting much joy out of my Engineered Explosives? Not really!

EDIT: It counters Anger of the Gods, it lets me "fight down" evasive attackers, can kill my Voice of Resurgence, and it has corner-case value against Bogles and Twin.

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
Holy poo poo Dromoka's Command.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Atarka's command is still the best but Dromoka's Command is easily maindeckable, especially in any GW aggro decks (even if they don't currently exist). Also, there's that maindeck enchantment hate people were questioning a page ago.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007

jassi007 posted:

I play a copy/storm edh deck. This is gold beyond compare. This off the top with Melek will just crush 4 man pods. They could not have printed a better card other than "If you play this from the top of your library and copy it you win the game"

Step 1: Cast Clone Legion
Step 2: Cast Dualcaster Mage
Step 3: :smugwizard:

this would go great in my clones riku EDH deck

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Dromoka command answers keranos for junk decks in modern.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Glidergun posted:

Step 1: Cast Clone Legion
Step 2: Cast Dualcaster Mage
Step 3: :smugwizard:

this would go great in my clones riku EDH deck

Tiny Leaders already has the Twin Flame/Dualcaster Mage insta-win combo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"Target player sacs an enchantment" seems like a weird way to template that, am I missing something? Are there indestructible enchantments besides the Theros gods?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

C-Euro posted:

"Target player sacs an enchantment" seems like a weird way to template that, am I missing something? Are there indestructible enchantments besides the Theros gods?

It also gets around Shroud/Hexproof. Also, it means that the player has a choice of what to sac, if they have more than one.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

C-Euro posted:

For most purposes, it's similar to "destroy target enchantment" but slightly worse. Notable exception being the Gods, who are still in Standard.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Serperoth posted:

It also gets around Shroud/Hexproof. Also, it means that the player has a choice of what to sac, if they have more than one.

Also it means you can cast it as a Battlegrowth at will.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Elyv posted:

Also it means you can cast it as a Battlegrowth at will.

True, I hadn't seen that all other modes target, that's a good point.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

Control decks play some enchantments. Nyx Fleece Rom, Monetary and Citadel Siege, Banishing Light. I think it's definitely main deckable.

Please sign me up for 4 copies of Nyx-Fleece ROM and Monetary Siege please.

C-Euro posted:

I think it's just supposed to be "different" from demystify and a good chance to print an effect that is hard to give a real mana cost to.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

this will go great in my self-insert EDH deck

This will go great in my Not your Grandmother's CounterWar EDH deck

Serperoth posted:

I want this to happen.

This will go great in my Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars EDH deck

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

RME posted:

this will go great in my self-insert EDH deck

This will go great in my Not your Grandmother's CounterWar EDH deck

This will go great in my Star Wars Episode II: The Clone Wars EDH deck

You are grasping at straws with this meme of yours.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

??? im the not the only one putting these in edh decks....

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Count Bleck posted:

You are grasping at straws with this meme of yours.

I don't get it his card evaluations are easily the most accurate in the thread.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Going to run Myth Realized as the only enchantment in a control deck and then side it out after the first game I actually play it. They'll spend the whole time looking for pig 3!

LadyThorne
Dec 12, 2005
The lazy
I have an urge to play howl of the horde with that new dumb blue copy spell. Get 8x your board.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

LordThorn posted:

I have an urge to play howl of the horde with that new dumb blue copy spell. Get 8x your board.

Swing with a 1/1 Myth Realized to get the raid trigger and then play Clone Legion and Howl of the Horde.

Hit all of Toshimo's triggers.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

LordThorn posted:

If you could settle for just 4x then having Temur Ascendancy out makes them hasty.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Would rather read 100 pages of RME posting than mcmagic posting

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Gyshall posted:

Would rather read 100 pages of RME posting than 1 mcmagic post

edited for clarification

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

People saying that Myth Realized is a bad lategame topdeck are ignoring the mana sink portion of it. When you're playing UW control, the "lategame" often sees you have 10+ mana available, which means you can topdeck it, play it, pump three counters into it on your opponent's EOT, untap, put two more on it, activate it and have countermagic available to protect it from the creature removal it is only now vulnerable to. "Dies to removal" has always been a stupid loving argument. It does die to enchantment removal, which is sometimes maindecked, but so do Banishing Light, Chained to the Rocks (which Jeskai control builds will certainly use), Jeskai Ascendancy etc. Hell, even Suspension Field and Silkwrap are potentially playable vs. Abzan and aggro respectively.

Also playing MR on turn 1 is just insane value because over the course of the first few turns with you countering and removing and whatnot you get a giant, hard-to-remove creature for almost no investment.

I'm sometimes willing to go out on a limb for cards that personally appeal to me and I've been catastrophically wrong before, most recently with Fruit of the First Tree which I expected to be very good in Limited. MR just seems like a giant package of value and unlike the other two weird 1-mana build-around-me enchantments in the block (Hardened Scales and Retribution of the Ancestors) it actually seems to do something without an insane amount of setup.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Also playing MR on turn 1 is just insane value because over the course of the first few turns with you countering and removing and whatnot you get a giant, hard-to-remove creature for almost no investment.

Hey whoa lets not get carried away here. Insane value would mean it also drew you some cards or was absolutely unkillable.

It's certainly good value though.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Zoness posted:

Hey whoa lets not get carried away here. Insane value would mean it also drew you some cards or was absolutely unkillable.

I'm willing to say that a 1 mana, 1 card investment that later gets you a 5/5 or bigger that dodges almost all sorcery speed removal is pretty insane value.

EDIT: In a controlly deck full of countermagic and removal obviously. It's a lot less good if you're playing RW aggro or something and this is your turn 1 play and you're planning to pump it with burn or whatever. I do not endorse that plan.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

I'd say "dodges most maindecked board wipes" counts towards being unkillable. Or at least really hard to.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem

RME posted:

??? im the not the only one putting these in edh decks....

But you are the most irritating.
I haven't played standard for quite some time, but this set has me really pumped to get back into it!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Absolutely going to brew with Dromoka's Command in the mainboard. The meta's definitely shifting towards maindeck enchantment hate being fine, and this card is just a much more versatile Abzan Advantage. The fight option allowing for indirect removal is quite good.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Question: Do I get to choose which order the Command options resolve? Say I wanted to fight their Courser before I make them sac an Enchantment.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

qbert posted:

Question: Do I get to choose which order the Command options resolve? Say I wanted to fight their Courser before I make them sac an Enchantment.

Commands always execute in the order printed on the card. See also the interaction between Austere Command and Elephant Guide.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

I don't think dropping Myth Realized on turn 1 is very valuble at all. You need to play non creatures on turns 2 and 3 to even attack or block as a 2/2 on turn 4 and you need to leave mana up to do that! The amount of games you win off powering it up to like 7 counters or something after dropping it on turn 1 will probably nowhere near outweigh the amount of times where you draw one on turn 4 and wish it was literally any other magic the gathering card.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

LordSaturn posted:

Commands always execute in the order printed on the card. See also the interaction between Austere Command and Elephant Guide.

Well that sucks. Another question, if one of the targets for one of the modes becomes illegal upon resolution, do both effects fizzle? Say I choose sac enchantment and fight their only creature. If in response they kill their own creature, does the Command fizzle completely?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

qbert posted:

Well that sucks. Another question, if one of the targets for one of the modes becomes illegal upon resolution, do both effects fizzle? Say I choose sac enchantment and fight their only creature. If in response they kill their own creature, does the Command fizzle completely?

No. Multiple target spells resolve as long as one of the targets is legal upon resolution.

On the other hand, if you give it a target and a nontarget mode and the single target is illegal the whole command is countered.

(This is a p relevant thing with Arcbound Ravager, Inkmoth Nexus and Cryptic Command in modern)

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I'm willing to say that a 1 mana, 1 card investment that later gets you a 5/5 or bigger that dodges almost all sorcery speed removal is pretty insane value.

EDIT: In a controlly deck full of countermagic and removal obviously. It's a lot less good if you're playing RW aggro or something and this is your turn 1 play and you're planning to pump it with burn or whatever. I do not endorse that plan.

Here is the problem I see. When I am playing U/W Control, it features 4 maindeck banishing lights. How my matches typically work are that after game one, I almost always cycle out all of the banishing lights. This serves a dual purpose: it allows me to board in more specific cards for the matchup, and it also effectively blanks every enchantment removal card the opponent brings in, filling the grip with even more dead cards. If I decide to bring in this cool enchantment card, I am facing a game two against an opponent who may have decided to bring in insane amounts of removal for it. It is a very cool card, and one I will certainly play around with, but I sincerely hope we see a decline in the sideboard enchantment hate or it will have a difficult time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Wezlar posted:

I don't think dropping Myth Realized on turn 1 is very valuble at all. You need to play non creatures on turns 2 and 3 to even attack or block as a 2/2 on turn 4 and you need to leave mana up to do that! The amount of games you win off powering it up to like 7 counters or something after dropping it on turn 1 will probably nowhere near outweigh the amount of times where you draw one on turn 4 and wish it was literally any other magic the gathering card.

The decks that want to play this card do not want to swing with it on turn 4. They probably don't want to swing until turn 10+ at which point the mana to activate it is a rounding error and it has a ton of counters. A creature you can drop early, can activate as a blocker in an emergency, dodges all of your wraths and acts as a mana sink in the late game is nice for control.

• Locked thread