Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
His peak was definitely the year he bombed away like 50km from the finish at Roubaix. That was pretty awesome, if hilariously boring TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Cavendish not being a advertisement for specialized today, that was an awful crash in the Tirreno. Farrar not winning as expected.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sagan still couldn't win which is funny.

Crystael
Mar 19, 2010

IndustrialApe posted:

Cavendish not being a advertisement for specialized today, that was an awful crash in the Tirreno. Farrar not winning as expected.

It was a clearly a mechanical - apparently his chain came off. Apparently Quickstep are using FSA stuff now, so hardly a great advertisement for them either!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

They were asking for it using FSA

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Came off the big ring onto the crank arm the second he put the power down. That's absurd.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Pocket posted:

They were asking for it using FSA

I never had any problems with my FSA track rings.

My FSA Gossamer crank on the other hand... Not so great.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009
At a women's race in the Netherlands yesterday a spectator reached over the barriers and deliberately crashed a rider 10 meters from the finish line.

http://www.rtvdrenthe.nl/nieuws/video-toeschouwer-veroorzaakt-val-bij-eindsprint-drentse-8-van-westerveld

She broke her collarbone.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Jamsque posted:

At a women's race in the Netherlands yesterday a spectator reached over the barriers and deliberately crashed a rider 10 meters from the finish line.

http://www.rtvdrenthe.nl/nieuws/video-toeschouwer-veroorzaakt-val-bij-eindsprint-drentse-8-van-westerveld

:wtc:

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Jamsque posted:

Disgusting.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
I hope someone in the crowd broke more than just the collarbone on whoever did that.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
At first I thought it was just someone being an idiot trying to slap them on the shoulder or something, but in the replay you can clearly see him go right for the bars and yank them, then watch as she goes flying. I don't think anyone else in the crowd realised what caused it to try and grab him.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
newsflash Greg Van Avermaet won a bike race

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Cracking stage at Paris NIce today. Quickstep have attacked on the penultimate descent and got a 30 second gap back to Porte (up to 50 before the last climb).

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Porte's back somehow. I love it when these big races get whittled down to like 20-30 guys.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Kwiatkowski just detonated and they all rode away from him. At least he had a go.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Tony Galloping can do this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I hope he does. He always seems so happy to win.

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

Pi Day... or Sky Day?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Porte on the floor day.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Thomas on the deck too.

carborexic
Nov 9, 2008

Sky is falling!

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Never change, Sky Racing Team LLC

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
They've given Gallopin a 20-30 second lead for tomorrows time trial by the look of things. Top riding Sky.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Those four behind him are all within a minute of yellow too.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I take back all the bad things I said about Lotto. Wellens and Gallopin own

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
So I reckon with the way Gallopin was going today, he'll win Paris nice by 10 seconds.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
just my luck, when i go shopping for a new couch paris-nice explodes.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

Jesus watching stage six now. Im pretty sure I would break down crying if I had to make that descent in that weather (but I'm a huge bitch when it comes to narrow roads near steep embankments)

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Smh everyone showing the drat Paris-Nice ITT on tv, finally found Rai3 showing the race worth watching.

Edit: and it's snowing at the summit!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Quintana on the rampage!

tylertfb
Mar 3, 2004

Time.Space.Transmat.
Richie Porte is the second most boring rider (after Froome)

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Yates is doing well today.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quality finish that.

Nibali is such a garbage man in the early season races.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

In case you missed the finish. Winning in virgin snow, man i love cycling:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HB1YDYHYrI

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Quintana.... drat. I didn't realize he had that kind of explosiveness. Honestly seems like a great story for cycling right now as it tries to find something to focus on other than doping issues. Rags to riches, unassuming humble guy who excels in exciting mountain stages.
(hopefully its real)
Can't wait to see how he does against the other big 3 when they're on their form.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quintana's time trialing will continue to let him down I feel.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?

serious gaylord posted:

Quintana's time trialing will continue to let him down I feel.

Likely, but with the way the GT's, the tour and vuelta especially, are favoring the mountains over TT's lately this should be less of an issue for him.
Sometimes I wonder how many Tours Indurain would have won if they were are similar to this year's edition, for example.

clean ayers act fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 15, 2015

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I think what you're seeing at the moment is a bit of a blip. All the organisers have realised that people love the summit finishes so they've crammed as many of those in as they can. When this results in the riders watching each other and not wanting to over exert themselves on two thirds of them the novelty will soon wear off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
Agreed, but I think they've also realized that races like the 2012 tour are not that fun to watch either. Hopefully we'll end up with some more balanced racing as a result, but in that brief window I think there's a real good chance Quintana wins a couple more GTs