Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Nev posted:

Does anyone know what happened to having peds in multiplayer? The game feels really empty and bland without them, and Stainless originally said they would be in.
This was from a few days back, but I asked Nobby during the Twitch livestream. He said that it's still part of the plan.

Speaking of multi, a patch should be out to fix some multi-specific stuff within the next 24 hours, Steam willing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

The Kins posted:

This was from a few days back, but I asked Nobby during the Twitch livestream. He said that it's still part of the plan.

Speaking of multi, a patch should be out to fix some multi-specific stuff within the next 24 hours, Steam willing.

They just got an update from Q/A, their main issue seems to be fixed so they are pushing the button, so it'll be out whenever it get's through Steam's...stuff, whatever that is.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It's live right now, restart Steam if the download doesn't start. 313 MB.

Tax Oddity
Apr 8, 2007

The love cannon has a very short range, about 2 feet, so you're inevitably out of range. I have to close the distance.

The Kins posted:

That would be great, I hope they don't change their minds.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
What's the actual deal with selecting a car in multiplayer? In the last multiplayer game I played, I backed out of career mode with the Cleaver selected and then went into multiplayer. The server had "player's choice" selected, but when I went into the server it had me set to the default Eagle. I was even playing Die Anna, and it didn't default me to the Hawk.

Car selecting at least seemed to kinda work before, now it doesn't seem to work at all, at least for me. Am I missing something?

Yvershek
Nov 15, 2000

and there are no
diamonds in the
mine
My main issue is that the pedestrian density is much thinner than previous games. I know it's a bad idea to up it with the performance issues, but has it been mentioned as something that could change in the future?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
Wow people who play online really suck

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Wow people who play online really suck

-Every game ever

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

-Every game ever

no really

if you're skidding out hit the brake and then hit the gas and you'll go wildly in the direction you might want to go

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
if you don't want to go in that direction it's too bad cause that's where you're going

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
this isn't gran turismo or forza, just point the front of your car and look at a place you might like to go, and maybe you'll get there

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
try not to get stuck by walls, or in corners

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

King Vidiot posted:

What's the actual deal with selecting a car in multiplayer? In the last multiplayer game I played, I backed out of career mode with the Cleaver selected and then went into multiplayer. The server had "player's choice" selected, but when I went into the server it had me set to the default Eagle. I was even playing Die Anna, and it didn't default me to the Hawk.

Car selecting at least seemed to kinda work before, now it doesn't seem to work at all, at least for me. Am I missing something?

Far as I can tell MP car selection is saved and dealt with seperately from Career selection. (There are cars in career you're not allowed to use in MP - cop cars) In the MP Lobby click your car and then use the left and right arrows to select another car. Once you have the car you want you can accept the change and then a customise option will appear in the bottom menu if you want to change skins.

The driver you choose has no bearing on what car you drive, just the driver model that gets thrown out and the picture in your Profile.

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart
Yesterday's livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9klk_OjLCdY

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

The update has about halved the loading time for me! Performance is still pretty woeful but I'm having too much fun to care.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Nameless Dread posted:

What else are they planning on doing between now and release? It's been worth my $30, now if only they would make a new Road Rash i could really feel like a kid again.

I remember that on the Saturn you are so right.

I think it was Saturn, had a song that was like "you gotta wipe my rear end wipe my rear end wipe my rear end, you gotta walk the doggg walk the dogggg walk the doggg"

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

AirRaid posted:

Far as I can tell MP car selection is saved and dealt with seperately from Career selection. (There are cars in career you're not allowed to use in MP - cop cars) In the MP Lobby click your car and then use the left and right arrows to select another car. Once you have the car you want you can accept the change and then a customise option will appear in the bottom menu if you want to change skins.

The driver you choose has no bearing on what car you drive, just the driver model that gets thrown out and the picture in your Profile.

Ah, okay thanks. I had absolutely no idea since I'm pretty sure they don't explain this or show buttons to press for changing cars on that screen (I use a 360 controller). Also the multiplayer car selection was previously determined by your last selected Career Mode car. I picked the Cleaver before the latest update and then went into multiplayer and it was still selected.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Yeah they've acknowledged the UI for car choice/customisation in MP needs work. Not sure how it works with a controller, probably move the left stick then hit A to select then probably bumpers or triggers to scroll through the cars same way you scroll the events in each chapter in career.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
Is anyone around tonight? play multiplayer.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
nevermind I keep crashing with driver errors

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

my story in every racing game ever

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

To be fair in Carmageddon you're less likely to crash due to driver error and more because some other oval office unleashed an Opponent Repulsificator at the wrong moment.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
While in Pinball mode.
While in a dense urban area.
With piles of loose objects.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Been playing the android port today and hell, I wish I could play it on my PC while they patch the poo poo out of Incarnation. Android version runs smooth, is high-res and good enough to be played over 1 and 2 on PC in my opinion.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Seriouspost on this, if you're getting the Nvidia driver crash error, turn off shadows. I was getting it every time I tried to play last night, turned off shadows today, and played 3 full races w/o crashing once.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
It's nice to see this Carmageddon continuing the tradition of the ice level being intolerable poo poo.

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
For some reason, my chase cam is stuck looking at the car from the side, & won't look from behind, so it's un-drivable. Cockpit-cam is useless, how the gently caress do I fix this so I can actually play the game?

p0stal b0b
May 7, 2003

May contain traces of nuts...
Figured it out, it's my drat joystick throttle. Welp, back to vehicular manslaughter :D

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
AI update is out!

quote:

Update going live TODAY for the Beta release … and this one has some exciting NEW STUFF in it! Check this out

The AI now use PowerUps!
The AI behaviour has been improved in all event types, and they’re more aggressive in Classic Carma events!

Plus, the Controls Config file has been moved to allow editing without locking out the Multiplayer Mode, there’s a fix for edited Keyboard Control Configs not saving, and importantly - graphical settings have been tweaked as well, to make them easier to understand and tuned to give a better balance of performance versus graphical quality. MARVELLOUS!

We’ve been eagerly awaiting the “AI using PUps” thing, and now it’s in I can tell you it’s FANTASTIC FUN and it makes the game even more of an Multiplayer experience in Single Player! Val Hella repulsificating your advances! Don Dumpster spurting oil slicks from his arse all over your shiny new boots! The Terrible Twin aiming anvils at your vitals! Ivan the Bastard bowling slaughter mortars right up your chuff, plus many more highly amusing opponent/PowerUp combo moments WILL BE YOURS once the game has updated! So come one Carmafans – get yer update installed and get ready for some extra-ultra-violent vehicular CARMAFUN!

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Got Slaughter Mortar'd by Pitbull, A+ would again.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Okay, that is pretty great. Game is 50% off on Steam at the moment too.

They should probably make the cops target the AI cars, since they can actually fight back now. Maybe not in the Classic Carma races if the cops stealing your kills is such a problem, but definitely in the other modes. I'm pretty tired of being the only one losing points because of rear end in a top hat cop APCs wrecking my poo poo.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Doc Morbid posted:

Okay, that is pretty great. Game is 50% off on Steam at the moment too.

They should probably make the cops target the AI cars, since they can actually fight back now. Maybe not in the Classic Carma races if the cops stealing your kills is such a problem, but definitely in the other modes. I'm pretty tired of being the only one losing points because of rear end in a top hat cop APCs wrecking my poo poo.

Put the Anvil Launcher on your quickbuy toolbar. Cops are now free credits.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Also put Free Recovery Vouchers on there. 2000 for 5 vouchers or 2000 per normal recovery... no brainer.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I have the repulsificator there for emergencies, but that's a good call with the recovery vouchers. Never thought to put them on the PIS for some reason.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I think my PIS is Kangaroo, Anvil, Reccovery and something random. I don't use it much, mostly for getting around the levels as opposed to actual combat and stuff.

Speaking of getting around the maps does anyone know how the Smelly Bushes are laid out? Is it literally one per level?

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

bitcoin bastard posted:

Put the Anvil Launcher on your quickbuy toolbar. Cops are now free credits.
You can buy power ups :wth:

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS

AirRaid posted:

I think my PIS is Kangaroo, Anvil, Reccovery and something random. I don't use it much, mostly for getting around the levels as opposed to actual combat and stuff.

Speaking of getting around the maps does anyone know how the Smelly Bushes are laid out? Is it literally one per level?

There are many spread all across each level. For example on the first map there are ate least 10 or so just on or near all the roof tops. Make sure to check around the map edges and on top of every building. They like to stick them in corners and behind ramps too since you tend to be focusing on other things.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Final release date: April 23rd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Fpho8G1SQ

That's sooner than I expected. I'm not entirely convinced that they'll be done with optimization by that point. Also, where is the car splitting :saddowns:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That's a bit disappointing. Unless they're not showing off some stuff it feels like there's really not that many more cars (if any) and no new tracks. We only have what, 2-3 classic Carma style tracks, and 3-4 arena sized ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I love how that video makes Carmageddon look like a retail version of the GTA IV no friction mod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTIuA8Dq58

• Locked thread