Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

codename steam has like minute + long enemy turns that can't be sped up
This game based on tedious bullshit is full of tedious bullshit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

codename steam has like minute + long enemy turns that can't be sped up

Thank you for saving me the time and effort it takes to download and try the demo, now I've got enough free time to lift weights and bodybuild for the summer.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Diablo-like games having super low drop rates for unique items basically just makes all uniques of non-endgame gear completely useless because you'll never find them naturally and nobody grinds low level areas, and makes endgame uniques super expensive because that's all anyone in the game uses. How the gently caress do the people making these games end up making a bunch of items that nobody ever even sees, let alone uses?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Path of Exile would have a pretty good system if it didn't take for-loving-ever to get drops. Uniques don't have a maximum drop level and in most cases are sidegrades to rares.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Beast Pussy posted:

This is a big part of why I'm playing less games these days. Abysmal drop rates, long grinds, and the like. Who has the time to be treated like this in their leisure time? I just want a video game that is cool with me only playing it sometimes, and I still get to have fun with it.

Sounds like you should stick with emulators grandpa.

*Plays a Dragonball Xenoverse mission 12 times in a row to get a Nappa move*

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
"Kirby is too easy and Dark Souls is too hard", cried the retarded baby bitch who demands that every videogame meet his exact specifications for his designated daily hour of leisure time

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Beast Pussy posted:

This is a big part of why I'm playing less games these days. Abysmal drop rates, long grinds, and the like. Who has the time to be treated like this in their leisure time? I just want a video game that is cool with me only playing it sometimes, and I still get to have fun with it.

There are like a billion good games these days, you don't have to play anything grindey if you don't want to. Just play something you can pick up for 10 minutes at a time and get a solid good time from, like Saints Row or Super Mario 3D Land. Or like any pinball game ever

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I feel the same way about grinds but despite that I love Monster Hunter to death

This is probably because at least the gameplay remains good fun while you're trying to get that fifth Rathalos Dick for your next spear

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ciaphas posted:

I feel the same way about grinds but despite that I love Monster Hunter to death

This is probably because at least the gameplay remains good fun while you're trying to get that fifth Rathalos Dick for your next spear

I really wish they'd cut out the parts where you have to pick up plants and poo poo.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

This is a pretty ownage week for video games. Cities: Skylines, Hotline Miami 2, and Ori and the Blind Forest are all out now for PC. Codename: Steam comes out for 3DS on Friday. :hellyeah:

I saw the GB quick look of Ori, picked it up immediately after, and played an hour of it.This game is unexpectedly amazing.

Also it seems this week alone has singlehandedly invalidated the thread title, even if I still need to confirm that Starships and the accompanying Beyond Earth update are as amazing as I think they will be.

VV: Oh poo poo, it does? I totally forgot to check the release date on that.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 12, 2015

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
We've known since before this thread was made that Bloodborne comes out this month soooooOOOooo

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Zombies' Downfall posted:

We've known since before this thread was made that Bloodborne comes out this month soooooOOOooo

two weeks til the hat-wearing murderer festivities begin

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Splatoon had a lot of groundswell at PAX apparently.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Splatoon had a lot of groundswell at PAX apparently.

Would you say it was...

a leviathan?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Contest Winner posted:

Sounds like you should stick with emulators grandpa.

*Plays a Dragonball Xenoverse mission 12 times in a row to get a Nappa move*

Xenoverse is good because even while you're grinding, you're usually accomplishing something else like raising mentor levels or new character levels or getting dragonballs. The gameplay is also fun even running the same mission over and over, unlike most other grindy games.

Grind is why i fell out of love with Warframe a week after falling in love with it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
honk honk! i'm deaf lmao

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
video games are great and if u dont agree u can stick a rusted tractor up your cunthole

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Loot lust is a terrifying disease and the people afflicted by it should never be trusted.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Ori and teh Blind Forest is loving gorgeous and controls really well but it's got its head pretty far up its rear end.

Still, way better game than Hotlne Miami 2.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Beast Pussy posted:

yeah, it's me. I'm the filthy casual.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
mario party should have a mini game where you reenact that famous scene from beetlejuice where jump in the line plays and winona rider & friends do the conga

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

It's so strange that everyone has their "GotY" badge ready for this game before it's even loving released

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Devil Wears Wings posted:

It's so strange that everyone has their "GotY" badge ready for this game before it's even loving released

The badge was also primed before Dark Souls released though, the team is pretty good at making good games.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Makes it all the better when players super high expectations aren't met and they have a meltdown

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nasgate posted:

Xenoverse is good because even while you're grinding, you're usually accomplishing something else like raising mentor levels or new character levels or getting dragonballs. grinding

ftfy

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

it's game of the year

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Golden Goat posted:

Makes it all the better when players super high expectations aren't met and they have a meltdown

I'm gonna be pretty sad if it isn't a great game, but fortunately it will be.

Devil Wears Wings
Jul 17, 2006

Look ye upon the wages of diet soda and weep, for it is society's fault.

Healbot posted:

The badge was also primed before Dark Souls released though, the team is pretty good at making good games.

well they're definitely good at making and re-making the same game that seems to scratch a lot of gamers' collective itches even if I can't understand exactly why that is

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i dont understand why people think a game is good
gently caress im retarded

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
BLOODBORNE OWNS
     /
:unsmigghh:

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine

unfortunately for me, i have no taste in the finer things in life. also unfortunately for me, i have literal and profound retardation.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Unlike you people I'm not gullible enough to buy a PS4 so unless Bloodborne comes out on PC I won't have a platform to play it on, though it would be nice.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

i dont understand why people think a game is good
gently caress im retarded

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

lmao what is this from

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

lmao what is this from

the penetrator: an autobiographical film

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Quantum Leap

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

THE PENETRATOR posted:

lmao what is this from

quantum leap

e:motherFUCKER! ^^

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Unlike you people I'm not gullible enough to buy a PS4 so unless Bloodborne comes out on PC I won't have a platform to play it on, though it would be nice.
Yeah Bloodbourne is the only game on the PS4 that I want but gently caress I'm not shelling out 400 just for it.

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

CJacobs posted:

the penetrator: an autobiographical film

harsh but fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i am legit sad that time has moved on to the point where people havent watched quantum leap

• Locked thread