Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Do any UK goons know of any good places to buy decals/skins for the New 3DS XL? Everywhere I have looked either only has designs for the old XL, or is based abroad and is really expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

fleshweasel posted:

I hope Nintendo starts selling a new version of OoT3D that fixes whatever exploit the flash cart people are using, with no easy way of telling which version it is. It's not even a matter of convenience anymore if you can keep it all on an SD card. People just don't want to pay for games.

A little info on that OoT exploit:

It doesn't work on every cart, even from the original printing
You need the game to boot the card every time, you can't borrow from a friend just to install it
You still need to buy an $80-$100 flash card for it, and the non-commercial homebrew project that's also using the exploit is specifically against piracy
You need some sort of cheating/hacked device to use it
It's already patched, it only works on lower firmwares

I wouldn't worry too much about it being convenient

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Just to add some info to that^

You can get someone with an R4i Dongle (I have one) or a Gateway (also have one of those) to install the hacked save onto your copy of Ocarina of Time. So, you don't really need the Gateway as much as you need a friend who either has one of those or something that restore a save to a physical cart.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Yeah if your gonna be a filthy pirate just wait til they move on to the next system the last firmware is out and it's easily hackable.

TheHouseofM
Feb 13, 2012
I'm not too familiar with the backup scene but let's say you made a back up of Mario kart 7, can you still get patches for the game? Can you even connect to the internet at all and browse the eshop without updating? Is this were you should own two 3DS's?

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

noirstronaut posted:

Just to add some info to that^

You can get someone with an R4i Dongle (I have one) or a Gateway (also have one of those) to install the hacked save onto your copy of Ocarina of Time. So, you don't really need the Gateway as much as you need a friend who either has one of those or something that restore a save to a physical cart.

You still need the gateway cart to play "backups"/pirated poo poo, even with the hacked save file. You only need to install the save once though, you're right

TheHouseofM posted:

I'm not too familiar with the backup scene but let's say you made a back up of Mario kart 7, can you still get patches for the game? Can you even connect to the internet at all and browse the eshop without updating? Is this were you should own two 3DS's?

"Hypothetically", you install update CIAs that are out there instead of using the eShop, which you can not connect to while on a lower firmware. The updates don't install to the cart, they install to the SD card, so having multiple 3DS's wouldn't help, especially with emuNAND.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

TheHouseofM posted:

There's this thing called EmuNAND that is basically the latest firmware installed on our SD card and through Gateway, you can boot into that as well as having the Gateway menu. So you'd boot into 9.5 on EmuNAND, launch Mario Kart 7, and then install the patch as you would any other game.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Tae posted:

(who also gave legend of korra like a 2 because of "lore reasons").

What does this even mean

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I don't know if it was covered here, but that Game Freak x SEGA mashup is a game about a badass elephant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZDtDl1Zh1c

e: Looking now and it looks like it won't be on Nintendo consoles, which is weird given both company's standing in the gaming industry. Anyway, this is just an update, I guess, seeing as it's not a 3DS game.

noirstronaut fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Mar 12, 2015

Dreyvas
Jan 13, 2014
My cradle order isn't even to the processing stage yet, so yeah.

I did put it in my cart and forget about it all day though, then after I checked out it said they were sold out, so I'm probably screwed.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Cradles own.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

noirstronaut posted:

Is anyone else hype as hell for Codename STEAM

I am totally hype! gently caress game reviews. The demo was fun; that's good enough for me, plus I just love the aesthetic and the setting and pretty much everything else about the game.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I am middling. It seems alright, but I'll probably wait to it's on sale.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Is anyone else hype as hell for Outrun to come out today?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's me, and if you don't choose Splash Wave you done hosed up.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
3DS Pokemon Y for £18.70 at Amazon UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nintendo-22.../dp/B00B7JT5H2/

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
My cheap grip from Eachmall still hasn't arrived... It's been almost 2 weeks. The tracking email they sent had a number and 6 different sites that they use linked, the Engrish is so bad it's hard to decipher... Yeah. Fun.

Also how the hell did some of you play Kid Icarus with your thumb? Seems like the screen doesn't register my thumb like 60% of the time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gonna get codename steam just so I can use my Marth and Ike and SOON TO COME LUCINA amiibos. The system works

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Is anyone else hype as hell for Outrun to come out today?

ME I AM

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
same

Glad I'm seeing my parents today, my dad loved Outrun and I can't wait to show him the game running all souped up in 3D :unsmith:

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I preordered codename STEAM because a) I want the majora's mask pin, b) I was gonna buy it eventually anyway, and c) I am a corporate whore.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I just got back from Gamestop out in the boonies to get the pin. Do I have to go back there to get the game or can I go to any Gamestop?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

greatn posted:

I am middling. It seems alright, but I'll probably wait to it's on sale.

A 1st party Nintendo game going on sale? Are you hoping a local liquidation?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I guess I'll wait on it- too many other things to play with right now and not enough time. Hopefully it's one of those situations where enough physical copies get out into the wild that I can buy it used later at a discount.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Tae posted:

Nintendo games go on sale on the eShop a few times a year.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Tae posted:

The only time a 1st party games goes dirt cheap is when it a flop like the 3DS launch games or Other M.

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

Tae posted:

Speaking of local liquidation: Last week Fred Meyer stores in my area had Smash 3ds and Pokemon OR/AS for $20/ea.
This week they have ALL of their 3DS games for buy 1 get 1 50% off. (Except S.T.E.A.M.)

The only game I owned before all of this was Curtain Call... now I have Smash, Pokemon OR, Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem, MonHun4U, and Bravely Default in my backlog.

There's probably enough game there to last me until next year, but is there anything else that that I should add to my list while the sale is still running?
Specifically 1st party stuff that never sees a discount?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beanzor posted:

Speaking of local liquidation: Last week Fred Meyer stores in my area had Smash 3ds and Pokemon OR/AS for $20/ea.
This week they have ALL of their 3DS games for buy 1 get 1 50% off. (Except S.T.E.A.M.)

The only game I owned before all of this was Curtain Call... now I have Smash, Pokemon OR, Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem, MonHun4U, and Bravely Default in my backlog.

There's probably enough game there to last me until next year, but is there anything else that that I should add to my list while the sale is still running?
Specifically 1st party stuff that never sees a discount?

Grab yourself Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Grab yourself Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

They aren't going to have physical copies of OoT. Definitely get Majora's Mask. Kid Icarus Uprising is really good, Kirby Triple Threat is one of my favorite Kirby games, Super Mario 3D Land is a must buy for any 3DS owner, Mario Kart 7 (unless you have a Wii U, in which case just play Mario Kart 8), Star Fox 64 if you are into it (IMHO you don't need it if you have already played it on 64 and aren't psyched to play it again), I really liked Pilotwings Resort as a chill laid back game,

That's my list, but I'm sure others will add to it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/3d_out_run

Go buy this now!!!!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

I got a shipping confirmation for the N3DS XL cradle from Nintendo's store today. Check your orders.

I kinda expected it to get canceled; I had a feeling they got swamped with orders, much like the way the old 3DS XL cradles sold out from Club Nintendo in under an hour. That, and it's a Nintendo product in 2015, the year of Buy Up All The Nintendos.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

enojy posted:

I got a shipping confirmation for the N3DS XL cradle from Nintendo's store today. Check your orders.

I kinda expected it to get canceled; I had a feeling they got swamped with orders, much like the way the old 3DS XL cradles sold out from Club Nintendo in under an hour. That, and it's a Nintendo product in 2015, the year of Buy Up All The Nintendos.

Wait their store sells cradles for it? Link?

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Louisgod posted:

Yup, they just started a few days ago.

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod560458

Out of stock :argh:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

Pretty sure they sold out the day they went up; I was about 6 hours late to the party and couldn't successfully add one to my cart.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

enojy posted:

Got this email too. Two weird things, the product name says "CRADLE, CHARGING W/BAG RED" Not sure what bag red is. Also, the actual webpage has no new information on it.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

jivjov posted:

Pretty sure they sold out the day they went up; I was about 6 hours late to the party and couldn't successfully add one to my cart.

Figured as much but still good to know they actually do sell them. I'll just bookmark the link, thank you.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
How much was the cradle going for? I'm planning on making a store.nintendo order soon and I'm planning on an extra Gamepad charger (refurb), an extra 3DS charger (refurb) and a cradle.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Fremry posted:

How much was the cradle going for? I'm planning on making a store.nintendo order soon and I'm planning on an extra Gamepad charger (refurb), an extra 3DS charger (refurb) and a cradle.

$9 with a minimum of $5 for shipping.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

noirstronaut posted:

Got this email too. Two weird things, the product name says "CRADLE, CHARGING W/BAG RED" Not sure what bag red is. Also, the actual webpage has no new information on it.

It's either going to be red, or it's pertaining to what I think is the prefix for all N3DS hardware item codes, RED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'll order a cradle next time they're available. I loved it for the other 3DSs, but then I got into the habit of playing it with the cord in while laying in bed for longer sessions. And plugging the cord in and out of the charge cradle misses the point of the cradle in the first place. Which made me realize that if I get a cradle, I'll have to buy a second charger. :sigh: