Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Skwirl posted:

It makes sense to me. They aren't planning on making Doom magic, he's the same age as Reed roughly, and Reed is at most in his mid twenties in the film. Evil Genius in 2015 means computer hacker. The Doom we know and love from the comics first appeared decades after Reed graduated from college. People forget that originally Reed was a WW2 veteran. He was in his mid to late 30's at the youngest in Fantastic Four #1.

This is the biggest load of rationalizing bullshit for "I think an Eastern European Monarch in 2015 would be silly."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

mind the walrus posted:

This is the biggest load of rationalizing bullshit for "I think an Eastern European Monarch in 2015 would be silly."

They don't want to insult the russians by implying Eastern Europe is ran by totalitarian dictators with massive egos, who believe themselves to be gods.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And lord knows the megalomania of so-called Old World nobility paired against the character arc of an egotistic American being humbled by the needs of the family whose lives he recklessly ruined just plain old wouldn't work in a two hour movie.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Alhazred posted:

Ugh, are people still using that to justify the costumes?
http://oglaf.com/newmodelarmy/

This is also strangely topical: http://www.theministryofabnormality.com/?p=978

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The distracting costume logic probably works for like an assassin or something but I'm pretty sure it would stop drawing the eye in a fight.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Travis343 posted:

The Injustice suit is the worst thing I've ever seen, honestly. He's got these silver plates everywhere. It's like George Clooney's suit from Batman & Robin except now for some reason it's considered cool and badass and not completely terrible.

I generally don't mind the "robo-batsuits" too much, but the Injustice suit just has the ugliest looking cowl in the world. It looks like a proper cowl was left out in the sun and melted and stretched out.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
So this happened

Sups looks like a dude, not even The Dude, and Wonder Woman has a weird priest vibe going for.
Congrats DC, for making comics boring looking.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wonder Woman's isn't bad.

Besides this is going to last until like June max.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Has superman even had a single issue with his new long sleeve glove look yet?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
That looks like an adult Superboy to me rather than a Superman. I don't know if that is a weird distinction.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Senor Candle posted:

That looks like an adult Superboy to me rather than a Superman. I don't know if that is a weird distinction.

Looks like some 'roided up dick in a Superman t-shirt.

So what you said.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Roided up dick indeed.

Superman without a cape just looks wrong. I mean, what else are you supposed to not tug on?

(Yes, I realize what a massive straight line that is. Have some pride, goons.)

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

T-shirt Superman was great last time. I like the classic S a whole lot, too. It feels much more like a modern take on him than the techno-armor stuff. Haircut and grimace are putting me off, right now though. Wonder Woman I like some of, but don't know where the hand knives come into play. It feels like DC is listening to complaints and facing up to weird poo poo they've pulled. It's not really that perfect yet but these are cool moves.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If I was Superman I'd wear a tshirt and pajama pants and just socks exclusively.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If he had a cape and more hair I'd be so down with that.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Drawing him with bulging veins makes him look really aggressive and rage-y. I don't know if that was the intent, but its the sort of thing you see on people like Bane, not just generally buff heroes.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Go away, Henry Rollins!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

Go away, Henry Rollins!

Superman looks like Henry Rollins, who was in Legend of Korra, which is a spin-off of The Last Airbender, which had comics written by Gene L Yang, who is writing Superman...

Wait, I think I'm playing this wrong...

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Oh god, those wrist spikes on Wonder Woman. Bwaahaha, that looks terrible and hilarious.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
Better look of Wonder Woman's new costume:

I don't like the overknee boots at all, and the neckline makes it look like an uniform - works for Captain Marvel, but not so much for Wonder Woman.

Also, instead of the wrist blades she should keep her magical leaf-blade short swords. Otherwise seems quite good. And pants! Something deemed impossible just 3 years ago.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gaz-L posted:

Superman looks like Henry Rollins, who was in Legend of Korra, which is a spin-off of The Last Airbender, which had comics written by Gene L Yang, who is writing Superman...

Wait, I think I'm playing this wrong...

Nah, it's way easier. Superman was friends with Batman, whose clone-son and protege Terry McGinnis fought Mad Stan, who was voiced by Henry Rollins.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Phy posted:

Nah, it's way easier. Superman was friends with Batman, whose clone-son and protege Terry McGinnis fought Mad Stan, who was voiced by Henry Rollins.

Who was in Scenes of the Crime with Jeff Bridges who was in RIPD with Kevin Bacon.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Wonder Woman looks a bit like Barda to me.

However, I think it might have looked better if they'd kept the silver instead of gold, but I think there's just too much metal on that outfit for that design.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like the Wonder Woman outfit. I don't expect it to last long.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

She looks like even she is realizing how fuckin dumb that outfit is

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

JediTalentAgent posted:

Wonder Woman looks a bit like Barda to me.

Bingo. That'd be a decent "Barda settles down and tries to be an Earthican Superhero" costume but it really isn't Wonder Woman. I don't know what they were thinking with Super-Angry-Gym-Rat-Boyfriend-Man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also, basically the entire Justice League is getting new looks. Flash, GA, GL and Batman all have new designs too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

DC-- when it doubt just give it a fresh coat of paint

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

mind the walrus posted:

DC-- when it doubt just give it a fresh coat of paint

It's called Batgirling now.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

KittyEmpress posted:

I like the Wonder Woman outfit. I don't expect it to last long.

They are all pretty much announced as storyline things, like how Batman is a mech now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

These are exceptionally bad designs and they will not help boost sales.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Lurdiak posted:

These are exceptionally bad designs and they will not help boost sales.

Everyone outside of SA has been super hyped about the Wonder Woman one that you guys all hate, except for noted places that are bitching about her having pants.

Like, even on my facebook page there's a post with a bunch of people talking about how cool the costume is, and how nice it is that they've finally given her a good costume.

I honestly don't get how you can hate that one, besides the katar-ish things. It keeps the classic colors of wonder woman but makes her look less like she's out for a fetish convention. The shoulderpads are a little over the top and cheesy, but :shrug:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KittyEmpress posted:

Everyone outside of SA has been super hyped about the Wonder Woman one that you guys all hate, except for noted places that are bitching about her having pants.

Like, even on my facebook page there's a post with a bunch of people talking about how cool the costume is, and how nice it is that they've finally given her a good costume.

I honestly don't get how you can hate that one, besides the katar-ish things. It keeps the classic colors of wonder woman but makes her look less like she's out for a fetish convention. The shoulderpads are a little over the top and cheesy, but :shrug:

I think the costume would be fine if you took away the blades and maybe the stars. And as someone said the boots are ridiculously high. But it's fine otherwise.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

KittyEmpress posted:

I like it. It's badass. Batman and Superman's, though...those are just ridiculous.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Deadpool posted:

I think the costume would be fine if you took away the blades and maybe the stars. And as someone said the boots are ridiculously high. But it's fine otherwise.

I think you either do pants, and regular boots/shoes, or you go no-pants or a skirt, and the thigh-highs.

Remove the arm-blades and the pauldrons, and it's fine. A little textbook "practical means no skin below the jaw" but fine.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Deadpool posted:

I agree on the boots, but as long as they're not high heeled, I'll take it to be quite honest.

The stars are a classic of the Wonder Woman outfit though, I think they're important to leave on, since you want it to be recognizable as related to her original classic and iconic costume.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

KittyEmpress posted:

I agree on the boots, but as long as they're not high heeled, I'll take it to be quite honest.

The stars are a classic of the Wonder Woman outfit though, I think they're important to leave on, since you want it to be recognizable as related to her original classic and iconic costume.

The stars on the shoulder are fine, the random ones on her sides are odd.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I like the star on her hip, because it emulates where the stars were on her former costume. I agree that the one on her side could be removed, but I think that might make it too solidly red a costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The boots come to a point, if they were below the knee they'd be poking her in the kneecaps all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Are the boots high-heeled?

There's no point in asking, is there?

• Locked thread