Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

bpower posted:

The one everyone gives a poo poo about.

Yeah cricket really is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I don't know why you guys are saying that the Stanley Cup is the World Cup. :colbert:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Turk February posted:

the Stanley Cup is the World Cup. :colbert:

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
C9 getting some ideas about running it back from down 13-2 on nuke as well

U-S-A U-S-A

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

real dilemma posted:

C9 getting some ideas about running it back from down 13-2 on nuke as well

U-S-A U-S-A

We did it boys

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
CT nuke so strong. :911:

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

listening to nip in swenglish, calling their "titan" strat. good times.

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

mistermojo posted:

We did it boys

meanwhile, on the main stage...

e: LGB beat PENTA 16-3 on D2 and then just a few hours later lost to PENTA on the same map 12-16. No variance in CS though.

real dilemma fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 12, 2015

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
i'm glad pengy knows so much about counter strike and is happy to educate us about it

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Burgo posted:

Yeah cricket really is the best.

I will fight you.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Cloud9 vs VP on their home turf about to start.

:911:

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.

Ricky Bad Posts posted:

haha titan.

i havent caught any of their games for a while before this but i think maybe they should split up

They've actually been doing really well recently, no big wins but lots of finals

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Is there always this much dead time in between matches? All this bullshit is driving me nuts. How long does it take to plug in some peripherals?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Titan qualified for ESEA LAN finals and Starseries LAN finals, so their results online haven't been that bad either.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Of all the games I have subscribed to on the forums, kerbal space program is the only one that doesn't have at least one suicidal thought posted per day.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Frustrated posted:

Is there always this much dead time in between matches? All this bullshit is driving me nuts. How long does it take to plug in some peripherals?

It's like maybe 20 min. not that bad. That's like 10 min each for removing one dudes stuff, plugging the next's in and giving them a bit of time to warm up.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Kwilty posted:

Of all the games I have subscribed to on the forums, kerbal space program is the only one that doesn't have at least one suicidal thought posted per day.

Just wait until devs push an update that breaks every mod ever. They'll be complaining that their local hardware stores are out of rope.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Shahzam really stepping up with those team kills

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Listening to C9 comms.

Semphis: "Exiting B, don't kill me"

Shazam kills Semphis with his m4

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Jesus Christ CLG how do you lose to whoever Keyd Stars are...

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

It looks like NA might end up having to adopt Brazil for the remainder of this tourney. C9 vs TSM is gonna be a struggle.

Skiant
Mar 10, 2013

mistermojo posted:

They're the old Kabum lineup, they got a better deal with KeyD because Kabum couldn't afford to pay their plane tickets to the offline qualifiers or some bullshit like that.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mistermojo posted:

er..

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Smol posted:

Listening to C9 comms.

Yea I prefer watching C9's POV stream to the main one. The casters are good but it's more enjoyable hearing team calls and hearing what the players think.

That team kill was just :stonklol:

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

mistermojo posted:

KeyD are KaBuM, and are better than CLG.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

If you told me 15 years ago there would be video game teams with paid sponsors I would have laughed in your face. I still can't believe this is a real thing.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Skiant posted:

They're the old Kabum lineup, they got a better deal with KeyD because Kabum couldn't afford to pay their plane tickets to the offline qualifiers or some bullshit like that.

Alright, well there's always C9 right lol

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fateo McMurray posted:

If you told me 15 years ago there would be video game teams with paid sponsors I would have laughed in your face. I still can't believe this is a real thing.

Actually back during that time frame there was a televised Counter-Strike league on some special satellite TV channel, can't remember what it was called but it was absolutely a thing and circa 98-02 or thereabouts

edit: Suddenly remembered the name, I was wildly wrong, sorry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Gaming_Series

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

Actually back during that time frame there was a televised Counter-Strike league on some special satellite TV channel, can't remember what it was called but it was absolutely a thing and circa 98-02 or thereabouts

edit: Suddenly remembered the name, I was wildly wrong, sorry!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Gaming_Series

haha alright cause the only "leagues" and "pro teams" I remember from the 90s were CAL-I type poo poo. Is that even a thing anymore?

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

yea it was awful and basically killed competitive CS in NA iirc

Smol posted:

Listening to C9 comms.

and

quote:

before that nothing called "last moto" and they went spraying the wrong place. nothing said: moto box 1.6 bro. the reply: we call moto something else dude in :go.

lol

Fateo McMurray posted:

haha alright cause the only "leagues" and "pro teams" I remember from the 90s were CAL-I type poo poo. Is that even a thing anymore?

CAL is long dead

Powerful Wizard IRL fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 12, 2015

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

It was http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Championship_Gaming_Series, it was awful and basically killed competitive CS in NA iirc

I was playing/watching a lot of source at the time and CGS tried to change all of the match configs to make it better TV. They removed pistol rounds and people started with a lot of money on round 1. They also almost halved the round timers to try to speed the game up. It was a disaster.

J
Jun 10, 2001

How in the heck does a team in this event have a mixup over what spot moto refers to like that? How did said mixup not happen previously until the freakin tournament game?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Betting skins was the best thing to increase competitive CS viewers ever. I'm surprised Valve doesn't run it's own betting site

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

J posted:

How in the heck does a team in this event have a mixup over what spot moto refers to like that? How did said mixup not happen previously until the freakin tournament game?

I don't know what "moto" on inferno would be if not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnnpyoJo33E

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I just connected my 2nd account with all my nice skins to CSGL for tomorrow, someone give me the link to Gamblers Anonymous.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

CAL is long dead

Shame. I was a wicked cool kid in a Day of Defeat CAL clan at one point and would post ALL THE TIME on dodhq.net

Simpler times.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk68HAXChfc

:911:

Loutre
Jan 14, 2004

✓COMFY
✓CLASSY
✓HORNY
✓PEPSI
I wonder if the tournament runners told the teams not to say racist poo poo/"rape" in their comms for this second/POV stream. There was a bunch of drama over that when they made the comms available in Dota 2.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

trying to jack off posted:

the bfg is not an efficient use of ammunition in skilled doom play, many veterans would prefer to use the plasma gun

mcvey posted:

Xen is that true?!

The answer is no, 95% of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

dupreeh with the throws.

• Locked thread