Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, it doesn't count as a "card on the field" once it becomes an Xyz material. I'm pretty sure it's the same reason Pendulums go to the grave instead of the extra deck when used as Xyz material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I will admit, I got really mad when I learned that tokens couldn't be used as XYZ Materials, that's my gripe. gently caress you Shadow Lich.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Xyz material USED to count as 'on the field', back when Xyz first hit the game. You can thank Tour Guide and Sangan for getting that rule changed.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm still unsure of why Sangan couldn't get pegged back to 1 after that ruling. :negative:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Sangan was at 1 after that ruling. They killed him off completely because he was still just too strong of a searcher when combined with Tour Guide.

I'd rather have Witch of the Black Forest back instead, anyway.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Xoidanor posted:

I'm still unsure of why Sangan couldn't get pegged back to 1 after that ruling. :negative:

Burning Abyss are a thing.

By the way, Crush Card Virus is getting reprinted on the newest Golden Series. What are the odds it comes off from the Banlist in April?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Burning Abyss are a thing.

By the way, Crush Card Virus is getting reprinted on the newest Golden Series. What are the odds it comes off from the Banlist in April?

It probably will. It's errata kind of ruins it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Dexie posted:

If the ruling is up on the wikia then I am pretty sure that card is still absolutely insane

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ha Ha! I have destroyed your field and your hand! YOU'RE FINISHED!

wait why did you just mill blaster and two eclipse wyverns

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dexie posted:

Kind of a necessary evil, tons of meta archetypes can abuse the card nowadays.

Amusingly, My NK will be very happy to get hit by it

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

Ha Ha! I have destroyed your field and your hand! YOU'RE FINISHED!

wait why did you just mill blaster and two eclipse wyverns

why did you send those shaddolls

or burning abyss

etc.

The game is too drat graveyard oriented in modern YGO for Crush Card to be too useful. It's a side deck card at best, and even then it's still subpar.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you play more cards from the graveyard than from your hand

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I can't help but wonder if bringing back CED: EOTE would make a significant change to the meta.

Ah the good days when Necrovalley was one of the best options against Chaos decks :corsair:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dexie posted:

why did you send those shaddolls

or burning abyss

etc.

The game is too drat graveyard oriented in modern YGO for Crush Card to be too useful. It's a side deck card at best, and even then it's still subpar.

lol Crush Card on Shaddolls

It might actually be okay against Qlis, I guess?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I can't help but wonder if bringing back CED: EOTE would make a significant change to the meta.

Ah the good days when Necrovalley was one of the best options against Chaos decks :corsair:

Probably not. The best decks in the game right now are all elemental, and CED's errata turns it into more of an annoyance then anything else.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Crush Card + Dimensional Fissure :unsmigghh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The more I think about it, yes, Crush Card would be a good way to nuke a Qli deck's field before they shove Towers or Skybase up your rear end.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Xoidanor posted:

Crush Card + Dimensional Fissure :unsmigghh:

Better yet: Dark Law.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Better yet: Dark Law.

Hell yes, elemental heroes looking even better for the future. :dance:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hahahahaha oh god and they can tribute Shadow Mist.

Best combo ever.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I just tested out my new shiny Frightfur Deck against a Masked Hero deck whose owner was not afraid to drop A Hero Lives in order to get Dark Mist and consequently Dark Law on the scene. Since Graveyard play is pretty important for this archetype, I kinda got my rear end kicked.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/A_Hero_Lives

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

paradoxGentleman posted:

I just tested out my new shiny Frightfur Deck against a Masked Hero deck whose owner was not afraid to drop A Hero Lives in order to get Dark Mist and consequently Dark Law on the scene. Since Graveyard play is pretty important for this archetype, I kinda got my rear end kicked.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/A_Hero_Lives

Remember kids! Every time someone complains about Stratos being banned, remember to point them towards all the other searching tools that HERO decks have, including A Hero Lives! :eng101:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Stratos doesn't live. :negative:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It's not that I'm butthurt about Stratos being banned, it's that I'm butthurt about him NOT being banned in Japan.

They're living it up with Stratos and Shadow Mist and meanwhile, what am I supposed to do, summon Great Tornado and Kamikaze with Avian? LIKE AN ANIMAL!?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

VJeff posted:

It's not that I'm butthurt about Stratos being banned, it's that I'm butthurt about him NOT being banned in Japan.

They're living it up with Stratos and Shadow Mist and meanwhile, what am I supposed to do, summon Great Tornado and Kamikaze with Avian? LIKE AN ANIMAL!?

Just use Mask Change II and Form Change. Much easier. No such luck with Great Tornado, though. Shining is a much better use of Fusion anyway.

Kay Kessler fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 13, 2015

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

I tried running Reborn Tengu in HEROs, with a fair bit of success. You can use it to summon Divine Wind and then get another one to use to make Great Tornado or another Divine WInd.

Reborn Tengu is seriously amazing. I'm so glad it's back at 3.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So is it just me, or are most high rank XYZ's kinda... worthless? Like, if I can get 3 level 7s or 8s, or even two, onto the field to XYZ them, it feels like it'd generally be a better idea to just... leave them there. Especially with how good of effects normal cards can have now.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

KittyEmpress posted:

So is it just me, or are most high rank XYZ's kinda... worthless? Like, if I can get 3 level 7s or 8s, or even two, onto the field to XYZ them, it feels like it'd generally be a better idea to just... leave them there. Especially with how good of effects normal cards can have now.

Well, some of them are really good. Big Eye, Felgrand, and Heliopolis work in lots of decks, especially with Rank-Up cards. I was able to make a gimmick deck using Heart-Earth Dragon that I had a lot of fun playing, too.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Why the different ban lists anyway. It seems like that would kill a lot of the potential for international play.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

everythingWasBees posted:

Why the different ban lists anyway. It seems like that would kill a lot of the potential for international play.

If I remember correctly, they are officially two separate games. The TCG and the OCG technically have different card pools, so it may necessitate some additional alterations. Of course, this was a decade ago I last knew anything about this. It may have changed since then.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah some cards are tcg/ocg exclusive.
Is the meta just that different in the OCG to necessitate a seperate banlist?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Kay Kessler posted:

Just use Mask Change II and Form Change. Much easier. No such luck with Great Tornado, though. Shining is a much better use of Fusion anyway.

I've got some respect for Great Tornado after fighting a friend's Egyptian god deck which utilized Hardened Armed Dragon as tribute fodder. He was pissed/impressed I got over two Obelisks that had the dragon's protection.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

If I remember correctly, they are officially two separate games. The TCG and the OCG technically have different card pools, so it may necessitate some additional alterations. Of course, this was a decade ago I last knew anything about this. It may have changed since then.

Wait does this mean you can't use foreign language cards in your deck?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I mean I guess that's a thing in most card games but it's always weird to me for international games.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wait does this mean you can't use foreign language cards in your deck?

Kind of.

The OCG can only use Japanese cards in their deck. The TCG can use any other language, more or less.

So a TCG deck can have English, German, and French cards in it, but the moment you stick in a Japanese card, you're crossing a line. It's really kind of silly.

EDIT: Here's the official TCG ruling on it.

quote:

Q: Can I use OCG cards in my Deck?

No. Cards printed for Asian markets are not legal for play in TCG tournaments.

Q: Can I use foreign language cards in my Deck?

You can use foreign-language copies of legal-for-play cards printed for the TCG market, as long as you can show an official translation of the card, kept outside of your Deck and Deck box, when asked to do so by an opponent or tournament official.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Playing heroes owns. I've been using something similar to an ocg deck list sans stratos and it's been kind of overwhelming with how many possible plays you can make. I make dozens of mistakes every turn but sometimes it doesn't even matter since I'm pulling so many xyzs and nodens out of my butt.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

So, while it looks like there's not going to be a serious Arc-V manga, the magazine that produced D-Team Zexal will be making a chibi Arc-V manga.

http://ygorganization.com/saikyojumparc5/

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

http://www.ideal808.com/catalog/yug..._20_2015/343353

So what're these things, and are they ever worth getting.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://www.ideal808.com/catalog/yug..._20_2015/343353

So what're these things, and are they ever worth getting.

This: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Gold:_Return_of_the_Bling

It's going to have everything from this set: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Pack_17 , plus a ton of super useful reprints. Lavalval Chain is finally getting a reprint in it! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Dexie posted:

This: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Gold:_Return_of_the_Bling

It's going to have everything from this set: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Premium_Pack_17 , plus a ton of super useful reprints. Lavalval Chain is finally getting a reprint in it! :dance:

I kind of want to buy one but I'm not sure since I don't even know what kind of Archetype I'd want to play.