Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
The pov streams own, much better than the normal commentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Where in the US is n0thing from? Accent so weird to me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Jeza posted:

Ain't he a Canuck? Or is that some guy on CLG?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Well'p. That's it for C9.

At least semph got a nice kobe.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003

Fateo McMurray posted:

If you told me 15 years ago there would be video game teams with paid sponsors I would have laughed in your face. I still can't believe this is a real thing.

You'd have laughed, and then got back to watching poker on ESPN.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Truly danish, got a big money tournament on the line? Go out for a beer at midnight.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Why are the Cobblestone souvenir packages worth ~$50? I got one and wondering if I should grab this cash or not; haven't paid much attention to skins and poo poo lately.

e: Didn't know Dragon Lore was worth $400+. Odds of getting one seem awful, grabbin that $50.

lizardhunt fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Mar 13, 2015

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I just had a dumb discussion with a friend after a lovely game, so here's a newb question: you just lost the two first rounds as CT in Dust 2, they rushed Long A as 5 last round and now you expect the same only they have AKs and you're doing eco. How do you defend A?

I was arguing we should place 2 or 3 people at Long double doors, smoke and prevent them from running into Long. You're forcing them to rush through a small door and a bunch of smoke, which is a lot easier to defend with your lovely weapons and if they don't make any sign of being there and they haven't rushed B you can back away and defend Short before your guy at mid has the time to call it. The point is taking away their Long A rush option at the start of the round helps you pinpoint their location and maybe get a pickoff (same thing as smoking B tunnel at the start of the round).

My friend argued it'd be better to give up that area (ie have a guy at the corner who instantly backs away when they rush) and just defend from A in the first place, because that way you don't leave Short open and the guys defending Long won't get surprised by a Short rush. He says if you're defending Long doors and they rush through there's no way to retreat, while the A point provides plenty of cover with the crates while giving the enemy team no cover at all.

tl;dr: Retaking Dust 2 B as an eco team is doable but retaking A against a bunch of AKs and an AWP loving sucks. How do we stop them from taking A?

Elman fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 13, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Elman posted:

I just had a dumb discussion with a friend after a lovely game, so here's a newb question: you just lost the two first rounds as CT in Dust 2, they rushed Long A as 5 last round and now you expect the same only they have AKs and you're doing eco. How do you defend A?

I was arguing we should place 2 or 3 people at Long double doors, smoke and prevent them from running into Long. You're forcing them to rush through a small door and a bunch of smoke, which is a lot easier to defend with your lovely weapons and if they don't make any sign of being there and they haven't rushed B you can back away and defend Short before your guy at mid has the time to call it. The point is taking away their Long A rush option at the start of the round helps you pinpoint their location and maybe get a pickoff (same thing as smoking B tunnel at the start of the round).

My friend argued it'd be better to give up that area (ie have a guy at the corner who instantly backs away when they rush) and just defend from A in the first place, because that way you don't leave Short open and the guys defending Long won't get surprised by a Short rush. He says if you're defending Long doors and they rush through there's no way to retreat, while the A point provides plenty of cover with the crates while giving the enemy team no cover at all.

Yeah we're both bad. The point is retaking B as an eco team is doable but retaking A against a bunch of AKs and an AWP loving sucks. How do we stop them from taking A?

Stacking on-site is no good because there's not enough worthwhile spots for 5 people.

Smoking long doors will mean they won't push (normal players). You'll also have to know a good smoke for long doors because it won't bloom in time to stop a rush if you throw it from corner of long.

Best way for eco to take down long rush is to either throw a tonne of nades into long doors (requires decent spawns), or to get some flashes and counter-flash your way into pit. Not so many that they know obviously there's 4-5 players there, but enough to get you across. Then one person corner long baits in their team and you hopefully make a meatgrinder. Both of these also require you smoke mid, as any competent opponent will be checking to see you cross to B.

You could also throw a bunch of defensive smokes on long to cover you, but it's a bit suspicious.

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

Elman posted:

I just had a dumb discussion with a friend after a lovely game, so here's a newb question: you just lost the two first rounds as CT in Dust 2, they rushed Long A as 5 last round and now you expect the same only they have AKs and you're doing eco.

I'd never expect them to rush now that they've guns. They should play normal/go for picks on anti eco. Why turn it into a crap shoot? If you wanted to counter the rush you suspected, best thing is set up as many crossfires as possible. 1 pit , 1 blue , 1 near left, 1 long corner, 1 near right, or what everws. Dont bother with the smoke, you've set a trap, why discourage them from running into it?

Many CTs on eco would rush through long doors hoping to catch Ts off guard assuming Ts are taking it slow.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why
One note on that is that CTS always get the same 5 spawns on d2, so you just send the 2/3 closest to long.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Jeza posted:

Stacking on-site is no good because there's not enough worthwhile spots for 5 people.

bpower posted:

I'd never expect them to rush now that they've guns. They should play normal/go for picks on anti eco. Why turn it into a crap shoot? If you wanted to counter the rush you suspected, best thing is set up as many crossfires as possible. 1 pit , 1 blue , 1 near left, 1 long corner, 1 near right, or what everws. Dont bother with the smoke, you've set a trap, why discourage them from running into it?

Well, I wouldn't place all 5 people at any one point cause I don't actually know where they're going. I'd at least want 1 guy mid, another B and the remaining 3 at Long/A (my friend argued for 2 at B cause he really doesn't want to leave any entrance open)

I take it going as 5 is a good idea in eco rounds? That actually makes a lot of sense, it gives you a fighting chance and if you guessed wrong you can at least retake together. Defending 2 or 3vs5 is scary when they have the upper hand.

Elman fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Mar 13, 2015

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

jerkstoresup posted:

Why are the Cobblestone souvenir packages worth ~$50? I got one and wondering if I should grab this cash or not; haven't paid much attention to skins and poo poo lately.

e: Didn't know Dragon Lore was worth $400+. Odds of getting one seem awful, grabbin that $50.

Logan 5 posted:

Yes, you get the "1 new item in inventory" next time you boot up csgo, there isn't any notification via twitch afaik. I got one from the last esl one cologne semifinal and I didn't notice until days later when I actually played the game.

Ps if you get one from the cobblestone collection like I did SIT ON IT for a good long while before you sell. It was like $20 when it dropped, I eventually sold mine for $60 steambux, but the peak for it got up to like $100$130. All for a super low chance at a dragon lore (people are dumb). There's even more demand this time around and those packages are startin at around $40.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Group placements were pretty easy to predict, except I wanted titan to move on, didn't go for penta.

Now is when I start wildly loving guessing. I went on all the favorites, but I'm chewing my nails at navi's matchup. That one could be close. Same with Nip's. UGH

e: lets go lets go

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Mar 13, 2015

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug

Xenaero posted:

Group placements were pretty easy to predict, except I wanted titan to move on, didn't go for penta.

Now is when I start wildly loving guessing.

These next matches are all fairly predictable. VP have a huge home field advantage and I don't see them losing to KeyD. Fnatic is playing incredibly. I don't see TSM upsetting NIP but the possibility is there for Na'vi to upset EnvyUs.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

40 OZ posted:

You'd have laughed, and then got back to watching poker on ESPN.

I've watched rock paper scissors tournaments at 3am on ESPN. They should show CS games then it's a lot more interesting

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Jeza posted:

He's from San Diego, CA.

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Gristley Bear posted:

He's from San Diego, CA.

i think he is from portland actually

also where are you all getting this navi could upset NV poo poo from? nv is going to shut navi down. guardian can't carry that hard.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!

We have the exact same bets so far.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL

Sitting Bull posted:

i think he is from portland actually

you thought wrong. my in game name is strega btw. are you blujay?

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Gristley Bear posted:

what is wrong with you?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Gristley Bear posted:

Oh my God, Gristley, you can't just ask someone if they're blujay.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Sitting Bull posted:

what is wrong with you?

maybe he thinks you post dumb

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
You stay classy San Diego.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
This thread gets more hilarious with each sip of my Bud Light

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Necc0 posted:

This thread gets more hilarious with each sip of my Bud Light

with lime

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Necc0 posted:

This thread gets more hilarious with each sip of my Bud Light Straw-ber-rita

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^

Gristley Bear posted:

Thats Metadust

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jessie Tanner
Jan 18, 2013
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_787A0UwAACPCa.jpg:large

Welcome to the biggest and most prestigious tournament in CS boys. :stonklol:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
That honestly looks like a Magic the Gathering tournament, just with computers instead of obese manchildren with sweatpants and plumber's cracks.

aborn
Jun 2, 2001

1, 2, woop! woop!
http://www.twitch.tv/esl_pov2/b/635912912?t=8h17m32s

C9 vs VP from C9's POV. They basically flew overseas to play a Goonman.

Gristley Bear
May 16, 2007

METAL
I wish goonmans had even half of that communication.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

aborn posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_pov2/b/635912912?t=8h17m32s

C9 vs VP from C9's POV. They basically flew overseas to play a Goonman.

that's a really cool video though.

e: this sounds increasingly like a goonman

Faffel fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 13, 2015

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Jessie Tanner posted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_787A0UwAACPCa.jpg:large

Welcome to the biggest and most prestigious tournament in CS boys. :stonklol:

It's group stages, no one shows up for that

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
They're playing in the Spodek arena from now on I think. Yesterday it was reserved for other games.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
How hard is it to set up a LAN at these things? It seems like they've had nothing but issues.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

Solvency posted:

How hard is it to set up a LAN at these things? It seems like they've had nothing but issues.

30 minute break between maps in a bo3. aweosme.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

These casters are putting me to sleep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
so uh those csgo pins...

:shepspends:

• Locked thread