Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wiz posted:

1.10 was actually a very smooth release with virtually no serious bugs introduced, 1.11 was a bugfixing patch (not a hotfix) and had some serious bugs.

Wiz doesn't understand what bugfixing is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial
Paradox debugging:

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?842399-United-States-gets-a-raw-deal-in-HOI3-land-grab-by-Canada
:patriot:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

thats cool

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This thread has some haters.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finished my stupid HRE game to get the achievement for playing till 1820. The whole last century was pretty boring because most of the world was in one mega-alliance that still wasnt strong enough to beat me, but because I had annexed all my vassals a long, long time ago I wasn't about to waste my life besieging hundreds of provinces.

2200 base tax in 1821.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wouldn't mind seeing the 1820 world map to that. what did the Ottomans end up doing?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zeal posted:

i wouldn't mind seeing the 1820 world map to that. what did the Ottomans end up doing?

They took the Levant from the Mamluks, but then it immediately revolted away into Syria. First time I've seen Mamluks become Egypt, too. Epirus revolted out and took all of greece, but they conquered it back, so I slipped in took it myself around 1550. Except for France and a few of Aragon's provinces I gained all these territory by diplo-annexing and four different PUs on Bohemia, Hungary, Poland, and Lithuania over the course of the game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I dunno why you didn't crush and dismantle Ottomans. Good effort either way.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I dunno why you didn't crush and dismantle Ottomans. Good effort either way.

I got lazy for the last century or so. I was already at like 1800 base tax and had almost 10x the force limit of the guy below me so I was like 'whatever'. Norway totally hosed me though. They gave away my vassal Scotland's last actual province needed for making GB so i wasn't able to keep all European formables from happening.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Larry Parrish posted:

I got lazy for the last century or so. I was already at like 1800 base tax and had almost 10x the force limit of the guy below me so I was like 'whatever'. Norway totally hosed me though. They gave away my vassal Scotland's last actual province needed for making GB so i wasn't able to keep all European formables from happening.

Why didn't you destroy the Norse for this impertinence? Glad you kept the English from ruling the waves or whatever.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Larry Parrish posted:

They took the Levant from the Mamluks, but then it immediately revolted away into Syria. First time I've seen Mamluks become Egypt, too. Epirus revolted out and took all of greece, but they conquered it back, so I slipped in took it myself around 1550. Except for France and a few of Aragon's provinces I gained all these territory by diplo-annexing and four different PUs on Bohemia, Hungary, Poland, and Lithuania over the course of the game.

Man if you're going to conquer that much of Europe at least take the Bosporus.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I've done that game but as Sardinia-Piedmont and getting Constantinople is annoying. It's the Otto capital so you have to take Asian provinces to take it, makes for an ugly megaeurope

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I miss when you could take capitals as long as they were the only province you took.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
I feel like if you have a claim/core you should still be able to do that. it's pretty dumb that you can start a war for a province that you simply cannot take

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Sick. The Women in History DLC has a chance for a Margaret of Anjou event to fire where you can have her rule instead of Henry VI and if you blast out an heir fast enough then you can avoid the War of the Roses.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The arbitrary and retarded limitations of balancing idea group types isn't letting me choose a fourth group

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DICKHEAD posted:

Sick. The Women in History DLC has a chance for a Margaret of Anjou event to fire where you can have her rule instead of Henry VI and if you blast out an heir fast enough then you can avoid the War of the Roses.

Can you end up with Elizabeth the Great as your ruler somehow.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

The best game as England I ever had, Henry 6 died at like 80.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The best game as England I ever had, Henry 6 died at like 80.

My best one had me get a heir named Mary Lancaster who was like 4/5/4 or something and then Henry died immediately once she turned like 20. Was fairly epic. No War of the Roses, no regency council. Win.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Ethiopia games are awesome. It's so easy to take over Africa.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

Ethiopia games are awesome. It's so easy to take over Africa.

I should do one. the position isnt that interesting to me but now that theyre muslim tech it feels more doable. How are their ideas? I've honestly not really looked at it

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Actually I guess the position isn't so bad.... Grab all of Africa and you'll be directing a poo poo ton of trade to wherever you put your collection point (I guess Safi or something would better than collecting at Sevilla since Iberia has most of that node). Plus ivory, gold, and even slaves are all pretty good.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

gently caress... Now I wanna do that.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
The provinces in Africa are all poo poo but there's a lot of them. You can grab land like a bulldozer unopposed and block Europe from getting into India/Spice islands. Except Portugal. They get an event to get a free Goa in India. Take religious as your first idea exploration as your second.

And gold. There's more gold in Africa than anywhere else I think.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What's even better is that if you hold most or all of the provinces in Africa, you can choose to ban slavery, which rerolls the trade good in all of your slave provinces, leaving you with possibly even more ivory or gold.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I went to a church of the order of malta today on lisbon and i want to do a game as the knights when i come back

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

knights is probs second only to theodoro on hardcore, but you can form jerusalem with them right?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

knights is probs second only to theodoro on hardcore, but you can form jerusalem with them right?

Yep, and since 1.9 you can do it at any time. Just wait till mamluks are getting destroyed by the ottos and QQ or something and then hop right in and conquer a few provinces.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hate Theodora... It's cool to play as the Goths, but their ideas are really boring. It's cool playing the Grape Koolaid country though.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Speaking of awesome colors, Sardinia Piedmont is pretty much the bee's knees.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Smolensk and Bar are my personal favorite colors. Uhh in Eu3. I dont even think they're in Eu4.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They are but you have to release them. I see Bar a lot because I like to ruin France's day.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Bar is that province that France takes forever to annex to make their borders pretty. Then they go on a border gore rampage through any outlet they can get through.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

bar is alliance for kek

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Average Bear posted:

Bar is that province that France takes forever to annex to make their borders pretty. Then they go on a border gore rampage through any outlet they can get through.

this is historical accuracy, they took 300 years to do it in real life

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I went to a church of the order of malta today on lisbon and i want to do a game as the knights when i come back

old churches are incredibly good, and so are medieval military orders

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
My buddy and I have been playing some total war shogun 2 coop. I didn't like it at first because the combat seemed kinda weird but it's definitely growing on me. I love charging into an enemy squad with cavalry and seeing the little dudes go flying everywhere.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

PantsBandit posted:

My buddy and I have been playing some total war shogun 2 coop. I didn't like it at first because the combat seemed kinda weird but it's definitely growing on me. I love charging into an enemy squad with cavalry and seeing the little dudes go flying everywhere.

mods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

what'd I do gpv/