Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
what do you blokes think about Jollibee and Filipino burgers? They use this sandwich sauce poo poo that can be really loving gross and the beef in the Philippines tastes weird but the champ burger is ok

speaking of SEA burgers Singaporean burger king is pretty good and not the usual slop I have come to expect from Hungry Jacks in oz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns posted:

I respect your opinion.

Japanese mayo is superior on every level but price and availability.

Gramps didn't storm the beaches at Iwo Jima for you to parade your wrongness around in this, the most American and patriotic of threads. :fsmug:

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
One of the best parts of burg crew is that we legitimately understand and respect the variety of burg opinions, imo

Quite possibly the best posting crew on SA.

How do gang tags work anymore? Wouldn't mind reppin burg crew.

Also, my phone doesnt even question the word burg anymore, whatup

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Mayo has but one purpose in a burg. The thinnest of layers spread evenly over the inside of both buns. This keeps your 'oh so lovingly toasted, made a special trip across town' buns crisp by stopping one of the great evils of the burg world.

Sopping grease bun :frogout:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Big Willy Style posted:

what do you blokes think about Jollibee and Filipino burgers? They use this sandwich sauce poo poo that can be really loving gross and the beef in the Philippines tastes weird but the champ burger is ok

speaking of SEA burgers Singaporean burger king is pretty good and not the usual slop I have come to expect from Hungry Jacks in oz

Never had it. Next time I am driving around in LA I should give it a shot. I see them all over certain (Filipino) areas of LA.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

One of the best parts of burg crew is that we legitimately understand and respect the variety of burg opinions, imo

Quite possibly the best posting crew on SA.

How do gang tags work anymore? Wouldn't mind reppin burg crew.

Also, my phone doesnt even question the word burg anymore, whatup

I will literally fight anybody who doesn't like burgers, so I'm in

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Big Willy Style posted:

Dunno about asian, but chilean burgers are literally a sirloin steak that's been flattened by a rolling pin and served in a bun with vegetables.

Tried a hand-burger in singapore, which was perplexing. It's like the entire continent wants to shove their "umami" crap down your throat.

Except Thailand. Thailand rules.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This is not a crew thread.

This is a thread about burgers for people who enjoy burgers, both in their construction and consumption.

Everyone is welcome in the Burger Thread.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Lamb burger for lunch in a bit :getin:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

A friend and I went to a Jollibee once. We were freakin' starving after going to a funeral and it was the first place we saw. I never knew this place existed. I'm in Virginia so maybe they're not big on the east coast.

From the moment we looked at the menu it was really weird. Never seen a fast food joint with fried chicken, spaghetti, some kinds of Asian noodle dishes I've never heard of (also on spaghetti noodles), and burgs all on the same menu. So we went with the burgs figuring it was the safe bet. It had this strange tangy sauce on it with a slice of american. It tastes really odd. Not bad, but nowhere near the flavor we were expecting of a burg. The whole thing was kinda surreal. Not bad, but I doubt I'll make a point of going back. Jollibee was a strange place.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Chinatown posted:

vegetarians can :frogout:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8B75C1qESU

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I welcome vegetarians into this thread. Salvation is possible for those people.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

canoshiz posted:

I've definitely been to several unaffiliated bars all named Woodstock in Korea, all with various flavors of classic rock decor.

I like Lotteria, but not for their actual beef burgers. Their shrimp burgers owned. MOS Burger (Japanese chain) also made a good shrimp burger, but their regular beef(? maybe pork) burgers had this weird blended meat texture. Not really sure how to describe it but it was eerily soft.

Yeah I've been to a few Woodstocks as well. Mostly in the Bucheon area.

I'm not a fan of the beef at MOS. I'm pretty sure they steam the meat. I'm not big on steamed beef.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

gggiiimmmppp posted:

I enjoy a boca burger every so often.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Ron Jeremy posted:

happy birthday

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'll gently caress up a black bean pattie properly seasoned and fried up.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Chinatown posted:

This is not a crew thread.

This is a thread about burgers for people who enjoy burgers, both in their construction and consumption.

just think of what happened to skull crew and the wh40k thread

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ron Jeremy posted:

Same. Veggieburgs are cool and good. As i have said in the past tho, too much salt.

Most store purchased patties have 25% sodium per daily intake. Not necessary imo.

Prefer to make my own which is a fair amount of effort

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Avernus posted:

A friend and I went to a Jollibee once. We were freakin' starving after going to a funeral and it was the first place we saw. I never knew this place existed. I'm in Virginia so maybe they're not big on the east coast.

From the moment we looked at the menu it was really weird. Never seen a fast food joint with fried chicken, spaghetti, some kinds of Asian noodle dishes I've never heard of (also on spaghetti noodles), and burgs all on the same menu. So we went with the burgs figuring it was the safe bet. It had this strange tangy sauce on it with a slice of american. It tastes really odd. Not bad, but nowhere near the flavor we were expecting of a burg. The whole thing was kinda surreal. Not bad, but I doubt I'll make a point of going back. Jollibee was a strange place.

Totally forgot o about the spaghetti and pizza and poo poo they sell. Never eat filipino spaghett because they sweeten the gently caress out of it. Maybe it will be ok for an american palette idk

Ilustforponydeath posted:

Dunno about asian, but chilean burgers are literally a sirloin steak that's been flattened by a rolling pin and served in a bun with vegetables.

Tried a hand-burger in singapore, which was perplexing. It's like the entire continent wants to shove their "umami" crap down your throat.

Except Thailand. Thailand rules.

We do steak burgers in Australia too and it loving rules. Rump steak beaten flat a bit, fried egg, bacon, beetroot, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onion BBQ sauce. my brother just eats steak between 2 slices of white super market bread and then drenched in worcestershire sauce

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 12, 2015

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Chinatown posted:

This is relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8B75C1qESU

I welcome vegetarians into this thread. Salvation is possible for those people.

Whoah, I didn't even go that far into the rabbit hole. I got that yum burger on the left in that vid and some fries, no technicolor jell-o bean ice cream flan desert.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

i just want to say that mayo is the worst and shouldn't be put on anything ever

I used to think this too but then I realized lots of burgers I liked has mayo on them. The Hardee's Monster burger from back in the day comes to mind. Don't get me wrong mustard is my favorite condiment of all time but mayo (kewpie is good too, especially the cheap as gently caress looking bottle it comes in) can take a burg to the next level.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I would say that vegetarians have a place here, as long as the burgs have effort and are otherwise savory.

If we can include turkey, we can include our meatless brothers. If for no other reason than we can learn from them to better our meatburgs.

Also, variety is the spice of life, etc.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/06/pimento-jalapeno-cheeseburger-recipe.html

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Chinatown posted:

Never had it. Next time I am driving around in LA I should give it a shot. I see them all over certain (Filipino) areas of LA.

Do so. At least in Hawaii, their burgs are p good. They're not straight beef patties, more like the frozen pre-mixed teryaki burgers that are prevalent around here, has kind of a school lunch salsbury steak texture to it, not in a bad way though.

Filipino spaghetti is something everyone needs to experience at least once, it's hot dogs and banana sauce and bell peppers and onions. It's sweet and smoky and...just the weirdest loving thing. I actually have a penchant for it, but only when I make it myself and cut the banana sauce with tomato sauce so it's substantially less sweet than it usually is. Also, I am the only person I know who likes it, so.

The pinnacle of Jollibees is their chicken. It is the best fast food fried chicken, better than popeyes, way better than kfc, probably better than whatever chains are in the southern U.S. that I haven't had. They give you a ton of gravy to go with it. Get the chicken, dip the chicken in the gravy. Like, get a burg and a plate of spaghetti so you can have experienced them, but get the chicken to actually eat.

new friend from school
May 19, 2008

by Azathoth
Chitown Burgz

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

yes there is a burg under that cheese

cams
Mar 28, 2003

once again, cheap diner/hole in the wall burgers are the best burgers

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'd represent burger crew.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'll also probably throw down on a double del and some of those dope rear end crinkle fries from del taco tomorrow.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I wanna give a little bit of love to the chickenburger sandwich today. Not more than the good ol' fashioned ground beef burg, but it can hit the spot.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

every "chicken burger" i've ever got was just a chicken sandwich. delicious, but not a burger imo

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Sweet Tea posted:

every "chicken burger" i've ever got was just a chicken sandwich. delicious, but not a burger imo

What if you use ground chicken and make a patty?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

cams posted:

once again, cheap diner/hole in the wall burgers are the best burgers

That's exactly the burger I was going to quote too and I agree completely.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Gatts posted:

What if you use ground chicken and make a patty?

No.

Stop being a grilldo.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

this thread is too good for C4
verdict:
delicious
not a crew thread

burg on, burgers

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Tyson Tomko posted:

That's exactly the burger I was going to quote too and I agree completely.
i'm sure i posted this story in the thread already, but a while back me and a bunch of friends went to this super loving hipstery burger resturaunt and the simplest loving burger i could get was covered in "bacon glaize" and "popcorn shoots" and other nonsensical, unnecessary poo poo

it was good but i'd have taken the burger i quoted over it ten times out of ten. you know why mcdonalds is one of the most successful businesses in the world? cause a simple loving cheeseburger is delicious. you "messing with the formula" to trick me into paying 13 dollars for a mildly above average burger (that bacon glaize made the bun soggy as gently caress btw) is stupid

i don't have anything against an expensive burger prepared very well or whatever, but some people are trying to change the game just for the sake of changing the game.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Preach it man, well said! That burger having onion rings on it is about as fancy as I'd care to go myself. That bacon looks so expertly done I can practically smell it.

This one is also pretty drat good looking

Tyson Tomko fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Mar 13, 2015

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

dassa fine burg

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

There's a habit opening up less than a mile from my house. I'm gunna gain like 50 lbs here as soon as it opens.

loving open drat you habit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like to get fancy with cheese and poo poo. But yeah, gently caress popcorn shoots.

• Locked thread