Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Tide posted:

There's several storylines to resolve:
Raylan vs Boyd
Boyd vs Markham/getting the vault
Who is the snitch and how does that play out between Hale and Markham?
What happens to Wynn?
Who makes it out of Harlan alive?

I really could care less about the odd snitch plot. Its filler that takes up time better used for the main plot.

edit: the fact that Raylan didnt bother looking past the inner door troubles me.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Mar 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

whatsabattle posted:

This season made the love interest from Back to the Future 3 into the Cersei Lannister of Kentucky, just full of meanness and spite and bitterness, and for that alone it is on the top shelf of tv series.

plus we learned what Sam Elliot's lip looks like.

It looks like a turtle beak :shepface:

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Tide posted:

Not a bad idea, really. But what is Duffy's motivation for doing so? Self preservation or something bigger? Markham's money?

I don't think so. Didn't duffy say he'd never met Avery before in one of the earlier episodes?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

whatsabattle posted:

This season made the love interest from Back to the Future 3 into the Cersei Lannister of Kentucky, just full of meanness and spite and bitterness, and for that alone it is on the top shelf of tv series.

It also informed me that she is in fact better looking now than she was whenever bttf3 came out

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
It's weird to reflect on how much Raylan wants to get Boyd, considering he flat out let him escape at the end of season 1. After helping save his life even.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Pikehead posted:

I don't think so. Didn't duffy say he'd never met Avery before in one of the earlier episodes?

It might have been a way for Duffy to take out the leadership of the Dixie Mafia without anyone knowing and Duffy wasn't the killer, his associate/underling was.

It seems like a pretty good theory given the last episode but when we first meet Duffy, he's still a pretty low ranking member of the Dixie Mafia so I guess things might not have worked out for him.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I think the interesting thing about the show is that Boyd has never really had success, certainly not to the level he'd aspire to. I think early on most people would assume that the final season would be Raylan the lawman Vs Boyd the Kingpin, and while they're still sort of following that, it's still more about Boyd being a moderate level criminal with a tiny empire. I mean it feels like he has 3 people working for him at any given moment.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
True, but it's Harlan, not Harlem.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

DrVenkman posted:

I think the interesting thing about the show is that Boyd has never really had success, certainly not to the level he'd aspire to. I think early on most people would assume that the final season would be Raylan the lawman Vs Boyd the Kingpin, and while they're still sort of following that, it's still more about Boyd being a moderate level criminal with a tiny empire. I mean it feels like he has 3 people working for him at any given moment.

Yes. And every other season Raylan is annoyed with Boyd but recognizes the bigger threat. This season he isn't. He's hard charging at Boyd and making deals with Markham. That could be a blindspot that gets him killed.

There's also something to Raylan ending up not a law man anymore or even stepping over the line to being a criminal. That little speech Boyd gave about Raylan could have easily ended up a criminal too. Then Raylan shoots Walker in the back (granted Walker shot at him).

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Look Sir Droids posted:

Then Raylan shoots Walker in the back (granted Walker shot at him).

It was justified.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Not to nitpick but that was Ava. And Raylan was like "duh, no poo poo"

I'd be lying if I didn't think since S2's finale that the "not leaving Harlan behind" is a song written for Raylan. He keeps trying to leave and he can't. Boyd's only been trying to leave recently and even then keeps wanting to stay (until now), but Raylan's been trying to put Harlan in his rear view for his entire life and my guess is final scene has him dying.

Better yet, dying at the Harlan County border next to a sign saying, "Now Leaving Harlan County" :v:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
"Nowt Leaving Harlan County" :razz:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Mr Elmer T Lee passed away today.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tide posted:

Mr Elmer T Lee passed away today.

I should track down another bottle of that once I finish the Bookers I have for Justified viewing.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Shadow posted:

Not to nitpick but that was Ava. And Raylan was like "duh, no poo poo"

I'd be lying if I didn't think since S2's finale that the "not leaving Harlan behind" is a song written for Raylan. He keeps trying to leave and he can't. Boyd's only been trying to leave recently and even then keeps wanting to stay (until now), but Raylan's been trying to put Harlan in his rear view for his entire life and my guess is final scene has him dying.

Better yet, dying at the Harlan County border next to a sign saying, "Now Leaving Harlan County" :v:

I'd be surprised if it ends with Raylan dead. Honestly I've always expected the final scene of the show to be the same as the first episode (And the short story) with Raylan again at Ava's table and shooting Boyd dead. They even alluded to that a couple of episodes ago.

Then of course he ends up in Florida months later and in an echo of the first scene of the show he gives someone 24 hours to leave town. Camera pans down and it's Ian McShane.

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002

DrVenkman posted:

I'd be surprised if it ends with Raylan dead. Honestly I've always expected the final scene of the show to be the same as the first episode (And the short story) with Raylan again at Ava's table and shooting Boyd dead. They even alluded to that a couple of episodes ago.

Then of course he ends up in Florida months later and in an echo of the first scene of the show he gives someone 24 hours to leave town. Camera pans down and it's Ian McShane.

I like you.

I also like how Walker was like wtf man you shot me in the back. I kinda saw that as poetic justice for his Jack McCall character taking out Wild Bill that way.

I miss Deadwood. :(

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
You don't sound calm

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

DUFFY WAS THE RAT!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Knob Creek ad during Justified. :allears:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

They are not getting their deposit back on that hotel room :stare:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
If you feel compelled to show gratitude I could use a new purse

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
Is the show on now or something?

Maybe I should go home.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Here coooooooooooooooomes the douchemobile.

e- Is this a callback to Season 1, when Raylan does his quickdraw demonstration to intimidate the black guy outside the mansion? "You don't wanna draw TOO quick, because..."

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 18, 2015

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I eagerly await Raylan out quick drawing this douche

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Quick-draw guy for us to sweat out?

Dudeabides
Jul 26, 2009

"You better not buy me that goddamn tourist av"

Ooof...that bowl cut screams Megan's law

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
gently caress I need a shower to wash off all the douche after that scene

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

That actor was really familiar. Anyone know who he was?

Edit: found him - Jonathan Tucker. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0006958/?mode=desktop

ClydeUmney fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 18, 2015

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Loretta and Boyd??

Holy poo poo, that was so good.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Pleased to meet you

I wouldn't rush to judgement on that :clint:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Jesus, Pedodouche is Markham's new gun?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

CBJSprague24 posted:

Jesus, Pedodouche is Markham's new gun?

He pretty blatantly said it without directly saying it in his introduction.

Then again if you were like me and watched that scene trying not to vomit you might have missed that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh no Loretta, don't make a big public statement throwing in your lot with Boyd :ohdear:

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
God Boyd has rubbed off on Loretta. When she talks it's like I'm hearing a younger female version of him.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Well, that's a hell of a twist. I know it was indicated a few minutes ago, but :tviv:

DarklyDreaming posted:

He pretty blatantly said it without directly saying it in his introduction.

Then again if you were like me and watched that scene trying not to vomit you might have missed that.

I know it was inferred, but I was more interested in waiting for the bullets to fly. Especially with Loretta's hand behind the wall, which I thought was likely to reveal a shotgun which would be fired before numbnuts got his shot off.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

JRay88 posted:

God Boyd has rubbed off on Loretta. When she talks it's like I'm hearing a younger female version of him.

Reminds me of the anti-coal company speech he had in the church, in the season with the Bennnets.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
YOU KISS MY rear end RAYLAN GIVENS :haw:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Carl, best Boyd lackey status confirmed

JRay88
Jan 4, 2013
Holy poo poo that was tense. Figured there was no way that the finale wasn't Boyd and Raylan so he had to get out of it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Two different bourbon brand ads during Justified. Jim Beam understands who watches this show.

• Locked thread