Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Because I am distrustful of big business in general. After reading a bit more detail it looks like they will use it to scrimp on hours paid. If I clock in 15 minutes before I'm due, they will ignore that and make my start time the official time. If I log off 3 minutes early they will dock me 3 minutes pay. I'm not sure if I work 5 minutes that they will pay me 5 minutes extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also The Age's front page is just taunting Anidav now

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Finally, they remembered the ring.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Birb Katter posted:

So we've lost the secretary of the Agriculture Dept. Joyce is saying he stepped down but Grimes official notice says he's being terminated.

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/mar/13/labor-accuses-bill-heffernan-of-intimidation-over-barnaby-joyce-saga

quote:

“Heffernan called my staff member last night and said if Barnaby had made a mistake in correcting Hansard then a lot of my Labor mates have made that same mistake too and he now had the evidence to prove it,” Fitzgibbon told Guardian Australia.

“By any reasonable interpretation, the phone call was an attempt to intimidate me and have me back off this issue by suggesting people on my side of politics would be drawn into it if I continue to pursue it … he’s a Liberal fix-it man and he was telling me to back off. The Coalition seems very keen to make this issue go away.”

Heffernan says Fitzgibbon’s interpretation of the phone call is nonsense.

“As everyone knows I think this is a bullshit issue, I said so at the committee hearing … so I asked Hansard about how many changes to the Hansard record are made in the last three sitting periods and I found out that changes have been made by all sides of politics – sometimes changes to whole paragraphs, much more than what Barnaby changed.

“So I rang Joel’s girl because her name and number was on the press release he had put out. I was not intimidating, I just passed on the facts. Then he rang me at sparrow’s this morning and said I’d ‘crossed the line’ so I said, ‘If I’ve offended your girl, I apologise’. I wasn’t intimidating anyone, I was just telling them the facts,” Heffernan said.

Subtle.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

$4300 and an application fee? gently caress me.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Update: Vanya has forgiven me, is licking my toes

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

open24hours posted:

Strippers are at the cutting edge of cyberpunk.

Cyborg strippers are hot as heck imo

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

RIP the best thing in WWE

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Time for First Dog:

Also, snatching a link from his twitter feed:

Barnaby Joyce accused of pushing Leadbeater's possum towards extinction

quote:

Barnaby Joyce, the agriculture minister, has been accused of pushing Victoria’s animal emblem, the Leadbeater’s possum, closer towards extinction by personally intervening to ensure his department uses paper sourced from its habitat.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Reminder: Bill Heffernan is the guy who called Rob Oakeshott and introduced himself to Rob's wife as "Satan", and when she hung up on him he apologised via text message by saying he thought he was talking to Rob's kids, not his wife. Happens to everyone, I guess.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Heffernan has also smuggled a fake pipe-bomb into parliament, and has at various times pretended to be an ASIO agent and Barnaby Joyce.

He's loving insane.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Reminder: Bill Heffernan is the guy who called Rob Oakeshott and introduced himself to Rob's wife as "Satan", and when she hung up on him he apologised via text message by saying he thought he was talking to Rob's kids, not his wife. Happens to everyone, I guess.

e:fb

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Frogmanv2 posted:

Because I am distrustful of big business in general. After reading a bit more detail it looks like they will use it to scrimp on hours paid. If I clock in 15 minutes before I'm due, they will ignore that and make my start time the official time. If I log off 3 minutes early they will dock me 3 minutes pay. I'm not sure if I work 5 minutes that they will pay me 5 minutes extra.

I'm having the strongest deja vu reading this post for some reason.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Brisgoons

I got a phone call back from Dr Lynhams office and they say that his evening for the next few weeks are rather full up... however they would like to extend the offer of a breakfast with him.

Whos up for bacon and eggs with the Minister for Mining and Natural Resources?

They'd prefer it to be in stafford, since hes that area's representative and obv looks good.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

E lol you have to do this ^^^

Not even smuggled. He cleared it with security first who said they ok'd it because it was fake.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 13, 2015

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons

I got a phone call back from Dr Lynhams office and they say that his evening for the next few weeks are rather full up... however they would like to extend the offer of a breakfast with him.

They'd prefer it to be in stafford, since hes that area's representative and obv looks good.

I will bring milk and weetbix.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Frogmanv2 posted:

we have service reps all over the place that were using it originally, and then they rolled it out to all operation/admin staff also so that we only had one payroll system in use to make it easier for everyone.

Our boss keeps reassuring us that its just for logging what days you worked and totally not for the obvious benefit of counting our exact in/out times and paying accordingly, however Im sure its only a matter of time until that is exactly why its in use.

Like I said in my previous post, the software is a pile of poo poo, the physical units arent much better, and IT DOESNT EVEN WORK JUST WITH YOUR FINGER PRINT, IT NEEDS ADDITIONAL IDENTIFICATION

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Milky Moor posted:

Cyborg strippers are hot as heck imo

That just means their cooling has failed, time to replace the heat sink.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

GoldStandardConure posted:

That just means their cooling has failed, time to replace the heat sink.

You're missing the obvious, the exhaust fan could be blocked.
:yosbutt:

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Konomex posted:

Yes. They have stopped arriving.

Thank you for finally revealing, definitively that you are a racist. It was pretty obvious before now but there was always the benefit of a doubt.

If there are un-seaworthy asylum boats at sea, if they are being piloted by people with no experience controlling a boat, then there is a good chance there are still people dying at sea. But the brown people have finally stopped. Praise Jesus, because Jesus knew everyone has a place, but that place isn't necessarily Australia.

I just want to let you know, it's okay to be racist. It's probably not your fault, I mean, I don't know you personally. I'm sure there's some deep seated trauma there where a homeless person scared you, or maybe you're just parroting your parents views about non-whites. But it is important that everyone is aware of your racism so they can bare it in mind when you're discussing other topics. Like how you tried to discuss indigenous affairs, as a racist this is probably a bad thing for you to discuss as your racist views colours (ha-ha) your viewpoint to the extent that you can't see beyond your stereotyping.

For everyone else who might tell me it's not okay to be racist. Consider this. The crocodile is an animal that will happily eat a child, it is his nature. We don't blame the crocodile for this, we simply fence him off. Don't blame this man for his racism, just fence his horrid opinions away and don't let him have any influence over anything.
There's been an awful lot of poo poo slung at me on this forum.

This would arguably be the worst effort to date.

poo poo, at least that cyanide one made me laugh.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Laserface posted:

Like I said in my previous post, the software is a pile of poo poo, the physical units arent much better, and IT DOESNT EVEN WORK JUST WITH YOUR FINGER PRINT, IT NEEDS ADDITIONAL IDENTIFICATION

If I was less lazy I would rewatch that mythbusters ep on how to fool the scanners and just gently caress with the system till they ditch it. Have a manager who wasn't in that day log in and poo poo like that.

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Frogmanv2 posted:

If I was less lazy I would rewatch that mythbusters ep on how to fool the scanners and just gently caress with the system till they ditch it. Have a manager who wasn't in that day log in and poo poo like that.
Im not a big fan of that biometric stuff.

Just leave a massive booger on the reader.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons

poo poo yes, lets do it

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh my god ... Are goons turning into a lobby group?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Frogmanv2 posted:

I normally would but I'm in a bad mood and got called a tiresome, humourless, tedious human with no friends because some chuckle gently caress thinks he is kingshit because he posted the same tired crap I have been hearing for nearly 15 years.

At least auspol keeps to humor from this century.

Luckily I only come to this thread to be called a chucklefuck kingshit, so I'll let this one slide

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kommando posted:

Brisgoons

I'd come and say thanks for doing such a good job on my wisdom teeth but stafford is a hole and has no good breakfast places

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I would turn up but being a goon I am terrified of open spaces and other people

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Stafford Maccas it is.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Kat Delacour posted:

Goons of Joe

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

Why not, you're a bunch of smart, engaged and energetic citizens. You've no idea how unusual you are (or maybe you do and that's the problem). Don't let it stop you, and don't get hung up on the jargon, do it your way.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Kat Delacour posted:

:getin:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I'd come and say thanks for doing such a good job on my wisdom teeth but stafford is a hole and has no good breakfast places

:mad: gently caress you I live there and theres plenty of good places. Remember this is the Stafford Electorate which includes: Stafford, Gordon Park, Grange, Kedron, Stafford Heights, and parts of Chermside, Chermside West, McDowall, Alderley, Wilston, Newmarket and Windsor.

http://www.yelp.com.au/search?cflt=...-QLD:Brisbane::[Alderley,Chermside_West,Gordon_Park,Grange,Kedron,McDowall,Newmarket,Stafford,Stafford_Heights,Wilston]

thatbastardken posted:

poo poo yes, lets do it

I'm gonna need some numbers for this.

Negative Entropy fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 13, 2015

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

It's nice to know that when you pay tax, you're not paying for infrastructure, services or anything besides MPs' travel expenses and vintage wine.

No, you have to pay for that poo poo yourself, parasite.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
my breasts

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
*extremely lobbyist voice* kill yourself doc

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Kommando posted:

:mad: gently caress you I live there and theres plenty of good places. Remember this is the Stafford Electorate which includes: Stafford, Gordon Park, Grange, Kedron, Stafford Heights, and parts of Chermside, Chermside West, McDowall, Alderley, Wilston, Newmarket and Windsor.

http://www.yelp.com.au/search?cflt=...-QLD:Brisbane::[Alderley,Chermside_West,Gordon_Park,Grange,Kedron,McDowall,Newmarket,Stafford,Stafford_Heights,Wilston]

I'm sorry for taking the piss that's where I grew up and I like to rag on it but its legit come a long way in the last 15 years in terms of having nice restaurants and stuff and grange has always had nice places for breakfast anyway

~staffordboyz~

They actually look like they redid the skate pipe we used to take stolen shopping trolleys on last time I drove through so thats cool :3:

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Kommando posted:

I'm down if it's on the weekend or monday. Can't make it to Stafford any other morning since I have uni at 8/9.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Sparticle posted:

I'm down if it's on the weekend or monday. Can't make it to Stafford any other morning since I have uni at 8/9.

Same here.

• Locked thread