Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

everythingWasBees posted:

I kind of want to buy one but I'm not sure since I don't even know what kind of Archetype I'd want to play.

It'll be worth it for the reprints, at the very least. Glow-Up Bulb, Mathematician, Number 101, Raigeki, and Lavalval Chain (:dance:) are all confirmed to be in the set, and those are all really splashable staple/near-staple cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Why buy cards when you have DN/Devpro/YGOpro?

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Slur posted:

Can't play Devpro in the schoolyard. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Slur posted:

I like playing with actual people with faces?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

LAN connection, yo.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

There is something to playing with physical cards against people you can actually see that those applications will never be able to replace.

Slur posted:

LAN connection, yo.

:frogout:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

...Just sayin' man, just sayin'

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Waifu posted:

There is something to playing with physical cards against people you can actually see that those applications will never be able to replace.

What, like?

Outdoors? :stonk:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The next OCG structure deck is kind of disappointing.

http://ygorganization.com/youyeahsdkitaaa/

They gave us a HERO/Jaden structure deck for Fusion and a Synchron/Yusei Structure deck for Synchro, and now we're getting a Pendulum based structure deck. I was really hoping for a Syllable/Gagaga/Yuma focused deck for Xyz monsters as the next one.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was hoping for a Jack deck. :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
It would be nice if Konami would mix things up and make the ace of the deck something but a dragon.

I'm kind of burned out of dragons all the loving time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI55cuC7NxQ&t=971s

Going back to Hero chat this is why I'm missing Great Tornado...

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

It would be nice if Konami would mix things up and make the ace of the deck something but a dragon.

I'm kind of burned out of dragons all the loving time.

At least they're not shoving Wyrms in our faces (though they very well should be.)

I haaaate Wyrms but it's really loving stupid how badly they've dropped the ball on them.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Onmi posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI55cuC7NxQ&t=971s

Going back to Hero chat this is why I'm missing Great Tornado...

That was delightful.

Dexie posted:

At least they're not shoving Wyrms in our faces (though they very well should be.)

I haaaate Wyrms but it's really loving stupid how badly they've dropped the ball on them.

They should've waited a year to make Dragon Rulers and made them Wyrms, frankly.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

VJeff posted:

That was delightful.

They should've waited a year to make Dragon Rulers and made them Wyrms, frankly.

They shouldn't have even made Wyrms in the first place, IMO. They're just Dragons by a different name, that's all.

But since they DID make Wyrms, they could at least try supporting them, yeah? Like, with Psychics, they gave them a TON of awesome support right out of the gate, and they had an immediate effect on the game, not to mention that they were heavily featured in the anime.

Wyrms haven't gotten any of that. They've gotten one decent archetype and a few random pieces of support, and...that's it. It feels like Konami just kind of threw Wyrms out there just to put another bullet point onto the Duelist Alliance box, you know?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Psychics were huge because they were the first type that had incredibly dedicated, focused Synchro support out of the box. Nothing else could Synchro as well as Psychics could when they first came out. And then later on after that, you had room to do other cool stuff with them like the RFG psychics and Gusto.

ONE WOULD THINK the right way to do Wyrms would be to have them be the same type of thing, but with Pendulum monsters, but nope, all they had to start with was another Synchro archetype with a gimmick that Scraps already did a few years ago and now they have some mediocre 1-7 pendulum scales? Whoopee? Meanwhile, the set that wound up actually doing what Wyrms should've done was Qlis.

Cool designs, though.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

It doesn't help that the wyrm archetype is the most degenerate this game has ever seen. Like 90% of the archetypes in the game have no out to their ridiculous floating except by rank 4 tool boxing because of course. :argh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

That's what I'm saying. Psychics were drat important from day one, and Wyrms just aren't. They're just kind of there. They're not even that interesting visually, because again, they're just Dragons under a different name. Psychics have the cool mutant/cyborg thing going for them, but there's not much you can do to set Wyrms apart from Dragons.

They could, at the very least, put a Wyrm user into the anime. Maybe have Akaba Leo using Fusion Wyrms when he gets to duel?

Xoidanor posted:

It doesn't help that the wyrm archetype is the most degenerate this game has ever seen. Like 90% of the archetypes in the game have no out to their ridiculous floating except by rank 4 tool boxing because of course. :argh:
Dark Law is a fairly splashable thing that takes care of Yang Zing quite handily.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Mask Change the Second is trash in like everything but Burning Abyss and Shaddolls. If the summon gets negated you just lose outright with the slower decks, not to mention that you have to be running darks for it to be relevant in the first place. Abyss Dweller is awkward too to run in most decks but he's still a hell of lot more flexible then random Dark Law.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Mask Change 2nd is still great in a lot of more casual decks because you can either get Dark Law or Acid out.

Also, psychics are great. They also have Ultimate Axon Kicker who's one of my favorite cards.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Xoidanor posted:

Mask Change the Second is trash in like everything but Burning Abyss and Shaddolls. If the summon gets negated you just lose outright with the slower decks, not to mention that you have to be running darks for it to be relevant in the first place. Abyss Dweller is awkward too to run in most decks but he's still a hell of lot more flexible then random Dark Law.
You have to be running dark monsters, true, but that's made up for by dark monsters being one of the most splashable elements in the game. If Yang Zing are really a problem for you, it's not hard to throw in something like Battle Fader or Tour Guide to help get out Dark Law. That being said, there's still other ways to get around Yang Zing. Banishing whatever monster they have on board stops them dead in their tracks, Compulsory gets them out of your way...there's plenty of options to handle them. That's why they're such a low tier deck that hasn't done a thing since they came out.

Mysticblade posted:

Also, psychics are great. They also have Ultimate Axon Kicker who's one of my favorite cards.
They're my second favorite monster type, right after Spellcasters. I'm still waiting for a Fire/Psychic archetype of Pyrokinesis themed monsters though. Get on it, Konami.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I hate playing card games by clicking. Physical cards great, the video games great, I just can't stand stuff like DN or Devpro. Everything feels so uncertain.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

how does it feel uncertain? If anything, the fact that things are automated (in devpro anyway) makes things *more* certain.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah add me too the confusion pile, I get the complaint for DN but I don't at all for Devpro, it works almost exactly like the games did. :confused:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I know it makes no sense, it's literally the act of clicking to use cards. It's unsatisfying.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Can't play Devpro in the schoolyard. :colbert:

bees is coming back to the east coast and im gonna find my yugioh deck from the 5th grade and destroy him with my Blue Eyes White Dragon

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

forbidden lesbian posted:

bees is coming back to the east coast and im gonna find my yugioh deck from the 5th grade and destroy him with my Blue Eyes White Dragon

Deck list of the great LivingTrope please.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://ygorganization.com/rebornofredeyes/

Konami really wants Red Eyes to be good, yeesh.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dexie posted:

http://ygorganization.com/rebornofredeyes/

Konami really wants Red Eyes to be good, yeesh.

Wow that card owns, of all the legacy-support continuous traps we've received that one is by far the best since it has zero drawbacks. The second effect being able to summon Darkness Metal Dragon is just another bonus. Also am I mistaking the wording or can you actually special summon both during your own and your opponents turn? :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Time to start hunting the core of a Red Eyes deck.

The comments say that is an unknow monster, so more Red Eyes in the future?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Time to start hunting the core of a Red Eyes deck.

The comments say that is an unknown monster, so more Red Eyes in the future?
According to the set numbers, we have at least one more Red Eyes monster in CORE.

Xoidanor posted:

Wow that card owns, of all the legacy-support continuous traps we've received that one is by far the best since it has zero drawbacks. The second effect being able to summon Darkness Metal Dragon is just another bonus. Also am I mistaking the wording or can you actually special summon both during your own and your opponents turn? :allears:
I think so, but I'm not 100% sure.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Hah that card.
Any normal monster. Ever.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hah that card.

The skull servant gemini support we've been looking for!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hah that card.

That part isn't that crazy. Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon and Ebon Illusion Magician have similar effects (though Ebon Illusion Magician is restricted to Spellcasters). It's the (2) effect that really makes it nuts.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 13, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Dexie posted:

It's not that crazy. Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon and Ebon Illusion Magician have similar effects (though Ebon Illusion Magician is restricted to Spellcasters).

But neither get you a card on destruction/leaving the field.
I know it's not unique but still that's a pretty good effect.

Throw in a bunch of Normal tuners and you have good synchro access.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Xoidanor posted:

First effect looks like an Ignition effect, so, only on your turn.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
So, when is the inevitable Blue Eyes and Red Eyes fusion going to be happening? I'm amazed there isn't even one now.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Bee posted:

So, when is the inevitable Blue Eyes and Red Eyes fusion going to be happening? I'm amazed there isn't even one now.

So you're saying it would be...

...Odd-eyed?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

VJeff posted:

First effect looks like an Ignition effect, so, only on your turn.

The reason that it occurred to me is that Eternal Soul is similarly worded and it is useable on your opponents turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The Bee posted:

Violet-Eyes Grey Dragon will never happen and it's a shame.