Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

The galaxy is loving huge, if there's like 50 different families with last name smith on earth then there's bound to be more than just one Skywalker in Star Wars

Like how many times did he do that "I am your father" poo poo to random Skywalker's? Like Janice Skywalker-Lafayette, a wealthy do-nothing southern belle from the wealthy do-nothing southern belle planet "Arakabama"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Shoehead posted:

Oh that reminds me of this:

It's cute :3:

I need more of this :3

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Shoehead posted:

My.girlfriend (who had never seen Star Wars) got me this as a gift and explained it to me as "It's about what Darth Vader would be like if he had a son."

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Tender Bender posted:

My.girlfriend (who had never seen Star Wars) got me this as a gift and explained it to me as "It's about what Darth Vader would be like if he had a son."

Boy is she gonna be in for a surprise.

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

Acne Rain posted:

if a stormtrooper put his blaster in a jedis mouth and fired he'd still miss somehow

"Heil Palpatine"

"Nuuuuuooooo"

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
"Hey guys, we can leave alone Aunt Beru and Uncle Own's death as a random event, right?"

"NO! WE MUST MAKE CONNECTIONS!"

"WHY? It's fine the way it is. They didnt have the droids the troopers were looking for and were murdered for it"

" NO!"

quote:

According to the recollection of stormtrooper Davin Felth, the farmers were killed after Owen spat in the face of the squad's commanding officer, Mod Terrik, they were then each shot with a blaster before their bodies were semi-cremated with a flamethrower. Their execution was ordered by Darth Vader, who watched it via hololink, feeling it was "revenge" for their supposed weakness, and "failure" to defend his mother

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Nothing quite like petty revenge 20 years after the fact

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

This made me laugh p hard

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Shoehead posted:

I have these married friends whose birthdays are in December and they have a kid so I sent them each a book from that series as a birthday present and one book as a Christmas gift to the family. Another one of my friends is an actor and he has the Shakespearean star wars books.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I grabbed kotor for android the other day. It actually plays pretty well. Graphics are good too.

Though sadly, my phone is more powerful than the pc i played it on initially

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fetus Tree posted:

I grabbed kotor for android the other day. It actually plays pretty well. Graphics are good too.

Though sadly, my phone is more powerful than the pc i played it on initially

We live in the future, the first cyborg hate crime already happened a few years ago.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i molested hk47 in the hydroponic showers

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've never read anything of the EU but I don't see why the Ysalamiri and the Yuuzhan Vong get so much hate. Suck it nerds.

Shoehead posted:

My bestie got me this for Christmas one year, it's so great and cute!

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

So the first standalone Star Wars film is titled Rogue One.

Yub yub, Commander.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

We're getting twenty new EU books in the fall.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/563480/Star-wars-The-force-awakens-books-disney

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Trevor Hale posted:

So the first standalone Star Wars film is titled Rogue One.

Yub yub, Commander.

Thats awesome tbh

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Fetus Tree posted:

Thats awesome tbh

Gary Whitta had a hand in writing and although a likeable enough dude, one of his last big writing gigs was After Earth. Dude digs Star Wars though so shrugging motion?

I hope its a Wedge movie.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The film studio is planning to release at least 20 books before the release of the hotly anticipated movie.

The novels will explain what happened between Return of the Jedi and the upcoming newest film in the series, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

There are individual books planned for central characters.

Moving Target will focus on Princess Leia, The Weapon of a Jedi will be about Luke Skywalker, and Smuggler's Run will be based around Han Solo.

Unlike the Star Wars Expanded Universe novels, which were not part of the official story, Disney’s Lucasfilm say that the new books will be considered canonical to the Star Wars movie series.

Other books will follow the storyline from the films from the viewpoint of supporting characters, giving a much deeper view of a certain galaxy far far away.

"The partnership with the story group and the editorial team always had to be true to the sanctity of the film while making sure that we find these moments to introduce hints, clues, and puzzle pieces.

"Without revealing what those pieces are, it will just allow readers to speculate about the new film: what could a location mean, or what could a character mean?"

Other titles for the book series include Star Wars: Aftermath, Star Wars: Journey to the Force Awakens and Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy.
Buying these books is mandatory nerds.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Ivor Biggun posted:

Duh

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy should come with a cd-rom. I'm not kidding, if it were 1994 that would likely be a much more awesome release. Speaking of 1994, I was reminded the other day of a star wars eu thing that is awesome, https://archive.org/details/StarlogStarWarsTechnicalJournalVol02TheImperialForces I must've been about 14 when it came out but I probably read it over and over for a week.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Those gazeteer/encyclopedias of worlds that never were for Trek and Wars and other sci fi and fantasy stuff were probably lots more interesting before you could go to wookiepedia or memory alpha and see the same information in the much more exhaustive detail only a cadre of writers driven by obsessive mental illness can provide.

Then again I guess editing and curation is still worthwhile so you can read about the Falcon without a digression into how wookie toilets work or w/e.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Ivor Biggun posted:

written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Four Score posted:

written by Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

I'm just waiting for Karen Traviss, author of the successful Republic Commando series to be asked back to write canon novels.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Ivor Biggun posted:

I'm just waiting for Karen Traviss, author of the successful Republic Commando series to be asked back to write canon novels.

she's too busy writing for Halo lol

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

So it's like Marvel, where you won't understand poo poo if you don't see all the other movies and read all the companion books? Hah, knew Disney would gently caress this poo poo up even more somehow.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy should come with a cd-rom. I'm not kidding, if it were 1994 that would likely be a much more awesome release. Speaking of 1994, I was reminded the other day of a star wars eu thing that is awesome, https://archive.org/details/StarlogStarWarsTechnicalJournalVol02TheImperialForces I must've been about 14 when it came out but I probably read it over and over for a week.

I think I still have the physical print version of the Rebel Technical Guide somewhere. That poo poo was nerd gold.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I had all the Star Wars Essential Guides as a kid and used to read them on the toilet. Read some poo poo while taking a poo poo.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

The reason I didn't post the rest of the story is because it ended anticlimactically, she thought the movies were stupid and turned to me toward the end of A New Hope and said "If Darth Vader is his father I'm going to kill you." :smith:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

The reason I didn't post the rest of the story is because it ended anticlimactically, she thought the movies were stupid and turned to me toward the end of A New Hope and said "If Darth Vader is his father I'm going to kill you." :smith:

Sever.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I had all the Star Wars Essential Guides as a kid and used to read them on the toilet. Read some poo poo while taking a poo poo.

Same except I loved those books and read them cover to cover many times :shrug:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Fetus Tree posted:

Same except I loved those books and read them cover to cover many times :shrug:

The ones about technology and ships were the only ones not boring as gently caress.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TK-42-1 posted:

The ones about technology and ships were the only ones not boring as gently caress.

Yeah those were my two favorite probably. I liked the character one when it first came out (i think it was the first of the essential guide series) because it had cool pictures and stuff, and also had stuff that was in comic books and other books that I hadnt read yet. I was like 10 when those books came out so they were pretty fanfuckin tastic

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013

Fetus Tree posted:

Yeah those were my two favorite probably. I liked the character one when it first came out (i think it was the first of the essential guide series) because it had cool pictures and stuff, and also had stuff that was in comic books and other books that I hadnt read yet. I was like 10 when those books came out so they were pretty fanfuckin tastic

The best one was the cross section ship guides. It was fun to see what the death star looks like from the inside. The character guides were good, but nothing exciting because most of the things were items and creatures we never heard or saw in the movie nor were they exciting.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I liked the one that has the EU ships as a kid since I was a big Star Wars nerd and read all of those terrible books

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels was the best.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels was the best.

Yep. Followed by weapons and technology

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Last night I discovered a friend of mine not only enjoys the prequels more than the original series but thinks Jar Jar Binks is (and I quote) 'hilarious and one of the best parts of the film'.

I was nonplussed, how do you even respond to that? I kind of like knowing someone with such an odd opinion, it's like having a friend that insists gravity is actually tiny invisible elves holding you down. It's clearly bollocks but how the gently caress would you even start to argue?

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

do they chuckle at 'urban' people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

darkwasthenight posted:

Last night I discovered a friend of mine not only enjoys the prequels more than the original series but thinks Jar Jar Binks is (and I quote) 'hilarious and one of the best parts of the film'.

I was nonplussed, how do you even respond to that? I kind of like knowing someone with such an odd opinion, it's like having a friend that insists gravity is actually tiny invisible elves holding you down. It's clearly bollocks but how the gently caress would you even start to argue?
Sever.

• Locked thread